Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

the pope's warning

47 posts in this topic

Pope warns powerful that God will judge them on whether they fed the poor, protected the Earth

VATICAN CITY –  Pope Francis has warned the rich and powerful that God will judge them on whether they fed the poor and cared for the Earth.

Francis' delivered the warning Tuesday during a Mass for the Vatican's Caritas Internationalis charity federation. It was his latest exhortation ahead of the release of his eagerly-awaited encyclical on the environment, which is expected sometime next month.

He said: "We must do what we can so that everyone has something to eat, but we must also remind the powerful of the Earth that God will call them to judgment one day, and there it will be revealed if they really tried to provide for him in every person and if they did what they could to preserve the environment so that it could produce this food."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/05/12/pope-warns-powerful-that-god-will-judge-them-on-whether-fed-poor-protected/

The Roman Catholic Church is the most wealthy organization on the planet.
They could easily solve a great many problems, including hunger, if they wanted to.

How Rich Is the Catholic Church?
Nobody really knows, because religious groups don’t need to follow regular accounting and disclosure rules.

The main thing we know about Catholic Church finance is that in cash flow terms, the United States is by far the most important branch. America is a rich country with a large population of Catholics. What’s more, America’s Catholic population is a religious minority. That’s meant that, rather than using political clout to influence the shape of mainstream government institutions, as in an overwhelmingly Catholic country such as Brazil, the Catholic Church in the United States has created a parallel state: a vast web of schools, hospitals, universities, and charities that serve millions of clients.

Our best window into the overall financial picture of American Catholicism comes from a 2012 investigation by the Economist, which offered a rough-and-ready estimate of $170 billion in annual spending, of which almost $150 billion is associated with church-affiliated hospitals and institutions of higher education. The operating budget for ordinary parishes, at around $11 billion a year, is a relatively small share, and Catholic Charities is a smaller share still.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2013/03/catholic_church_and_pope_francis_religious_institutions_are_exempted_from.html

I  find it difficult to believe that a God who can speak something to existence out of nothing, depends on 10% for maintenance fees. 

I  find it difficult to believe that a God who can speak something to existence out of nothing, depends on 10% for maintenance fees. 

​Its not about the money.
Its about the obedience.

Octopus Prime, you have missed the mark, and you have surely missed its true meaning!

I myself have built great wealth following and also applying this principle below.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a
blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10 kjv

You can rest assured that the above "words" (sounds) will never let you down!
"
Words" (sounds) are the most powerful things in the entire universe!

In the beginning was the Word (sound), and the Word (sound) was with God, and the Word (sound)
was God. John 1:1 kjv

Edited by Cryptic Mole
added content

The pope is full of shit. He's a fraud and an abomination!

CM,  right again!!  The pope may be the mouth piece for the up coming Anti- Christ.  Also look for any language he uses concerning alien beings. Time is short for the revealing. 

The Roman Catholic Church is the most wealthy organization on the planet.
They could easily solve a great many problems, including hunger, if they wanted to.

How Rich Is the Catholic Church?
Nobody really knows, because religious groups don’t need to follow regular accounting and disclosure rules.

The main thing we know about Catholic Church finance is that in cash flow terms, the United States is by far the most important branch. America is a rich country with a large population of Catholics. What’s more, America’s Catholic population is a religious minority. That’s meant that, rather than using political clout to influence the shape of mainstream government institutions, as in an overwhelmingly Catholic country such as Brazil, the Catholic Church in the United States has created a parallel state: a vast web of schools, hospitals, universities, and charities that serve millions of clients.

Our best window into the overall financial picture of American Catholicism comes from a 2012 investigation by the Economist, which offered a rough-and-ready estimate of $170 billion in annual spending, of which almost $150 billion is associated with church-affiliated hospitals and institutions of higher education. The operating budget for ordinary parishes, at around $11 billion a year, is a relatively small share, and Catholic Charities is a smaller share still.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2013/03/catholic_church_and_pope_francis_religious_institutions_are_exempted_from.html

​But they're too busy with lucifer looking for planet x!

CM,  right again!!  The pope may be the mouth piece for the up coming Anti- Christ.  Also look for any language he uses concerning alien beings. Time is short for the revealing. 

​He's already said aliens are welcome in the church. 

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'Who are we to close doors?'

Pope Francis has said that he would be willing to baptise aliens if they came to the Vatican, asking “who are we to close doors” to anyone - even Martians.
-----

“If, for example, tomorrow an expedition of Martians came to us here and one said ‘I want to be baptised!’, what would happen?”

Clarifying that he really was talking about aliens, the Pope said: “Martians, right? Green, with long noses and big ears, like in children’s drawings.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-says-he-would-baptise-aliens-9360632.html

:damned:

​But they're too busy with lucifer looking for planet x!

​Well is important to capitalize on those ungodly heathen aliens as soon as we find them.
They're a needy untapped resource and it's our responsibility to bring them into the fold.

1 person likes this

​Its not about the money.Its about the obedience.

Octopus Prime, you have missed the mark, and you have surely missed its true meaning!

I myself have built great wealth following and also applying this principle below.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a
blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10 kjv

You can rest assured that the above "words" (sounds) will never let you down!
"
Words" (sounds) are the most powerful things in the entire universe!

In the beginning was the Word (sound), and the Word (sound) was with God, and the Word (sound)
was God. John 1:1 kjv

​I believe I know the scriptures...I am a 3rd year seminary student, albeit late in life....that being said, the Old Testament law has been fulfilled...."Do not think I have came to destroy the law or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but fulfill..." Matt. 5:17............."It is finished"...John 19:30

Yes Mole, we no longer have to sacrifice lambs. we are supposed to give to the local church so they can feed and clothe the poor, take care of widows, tend the sick, etc, etc... The act of giving with no expectation of anything in return, is a spiritual principle in every major religion...and it works...

You seem to do a lot of thinking for yourself on other matters posted here, I encourage you to do the same where scriptures are concerned...thank you

Edited by octopus prime
redundancy

​He's already said aliens are welcome in the church. 

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'Who are we to close doors?'

Pope Francis has said that he would be willing to baptise aliens if they came to the Vatican, asking “who are we to close doors” to anyone - even Martians.
-----

“If, for example, tomorrow an expedition of Martians came to us here and one said ‘I want to be baptised!’, what would happen?”

Clarifying that he really was talking about aliens, the Pope said: “Martians, right? Green, with long noses and big ears, like in children’s drawings.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-says-he-would-baptise-aliens-9360632.html

:damned:

​You've got to admit, this Pope isn't discriminatory...

​Well is important to capitalize on those ungodly heathen aliens as soon as we find them.They're a needy untapped resource and it's our responsibility to bring them into the fold.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.