Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

President Trump episode 'warning to US' says Simpsons writer

6 posts in this topic

It was intended, according to its creator, as a “warning to America”, a horrifying and fantastical vision of the future in which the US – ludicrously – had elected as its president Donald Trump.

But with the property billionaire now the favourite to gain the Republican nomination for the presidency, the episode of The Simpsons that in 2000 foresaw such a laughable outcome has begun looking unnervingly prescient.

A possible future Trump presidency, said the episode’s writer Dan Greaney, “just seemed like the logical last stop before hitting bottom. It was pitched because it was consistent with the vision of America going insane”.

The episode, broadcast almost exactly 16 years ago on 19 March 2000, saw Bart offered a vision of his future in which he is a beer-swilling bum, while his sister Lisa has become president, following Trump’s time in office.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/mar/17/simpsons-president-trump-prediction-was-meant-as-warning-to-us

Oh, yeah, 16 years ago they saw this coming?  I call total bs on this. I think the only reason they are saying anything is because they've done too much predicting that came true and they need to do some damage control. Or else the guy is totally psychic.  Go to the link to see the clips and read more. 

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

It was intended, according to its creator, as a “warning to America”, a horrifying and fantastical vision of the future in which the US – ludicrously – had elected as its president Donald Trump.

But with the property billionaire now the favourite to gain the Republican nomination for the presidency, the episode of The Simpsons that in 2000 foresaw such a laughable outcome has begun looking unnervingly prescient.

A possible future Trump presidency, said the episode’s writer Dan Greaney, “just seemed like the logical last stop before hitting bottom. It was pitched because it was consistent with the vision of America going insane”.

The episode, broadcast almost exactly 16 years ago on 19 March 2000, saw Bart offered a vision of his future in which he is a beer-swilling bum, while his sister Lisa has become president, following Trump’s time in office.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/mar/17/simpsons-president-trump-prediction-was-meant-as-warning-to-us

Oh, yeah, 16 years ago they saw this coming?  I call total bs on this. I think the only reason they are saying anything is because they've done too much predicting that came true and they need to do some damage control. Or else the guy is totally psychic.  Go to the link to see the clips and read more. 

I see this as being one of three ways.

First option: They are in the know and everything has been planned to f*** us all over and trump cannot be trusted.

Second option: The writers are psychic and predicted it.

Third option: the amount of people watching the simpsons and that episode causes a type of thought form energy wave to permeate the universe. this takes time to form and thus now we have trump running for president.

My bet is on the Third Option!

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I see this as being one of three ways.

First option: They are in the know and everything has been planned to f*** us all over and trump cannot be trusted.

Second option: The writers are psychic and predicted it.

Third option: the amount of people watching the simpsons and that episode causes a type of thought form energy wave to permeate the universe. this takes time to form and thus now we have trump running for president.

Yep. And any one of those three things is creepy as hell in its own right! 

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Yep. And any one of those three things are creepy as hell in their own right! 

To me they seem normal.. Maybe im just too creepy to be bothered by it!

28 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

My bet is on the Third Option!

Ditto.

1 person likes this

Nah 1 of 2 things.

1. in there 20 years they have simply made enough episodes to be right every now and then.

2. demonic influence

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.