Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JibbyJedi

Flat Earth - Neutral Zone

17 posts in this topic

There is no escaping it...... anger, frustration, sometimes rage ensues when it concerns the Flat Earth topic.

I would like to bump this thread when I see negativity ensuing regarding Flat Earth..... there needs to be an outlet for it all separate from the research.  Call it, "business, not personal" thread.   I may think you're retarded for your belief on 1 thing, but a saint sent from Heaven on another, that's what I mean by business & not personal.  Including Religious beliefs. 

OPINIONS ONLY - NO FACTS ALLOWED, lol.

I ask the moderators to make a special exception for this thread in that regard, perhaps transferring all over the top negativity in the FE threads into this one outlet for the release of this energy build up?  I think every volcano would feel much relief with an outlet for a short release on occasion, no?  Place it in off topic or wherever it belongs, but 1 special place for all out unedited raw commentary wouldn't be the end of the world would it?  We're only human, and we'll always be human.  We just need a disclaimer.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Now that all formalities are out of the way......

(I await group administrator-moderator consideration & approval)

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I'm moving this to the Off Topic Forum for now. 

Of course, apologies for not posting it there to begin with.

Throwing out ideas based on long term wisdom learned over time in this stuff.  I'm about as old as it gets in FE, besides the rare few starters. 

I've considered the "regardless of disclaimer hurt feelings" factors too.  We are adults and we need to stop requiring to be coddled so much, we're all growed up in here pretty much, we should be able to handle bad words & hard opinions by now.  You guys can stick all that off topic stink of anger stuff in one thread here.  People will see it near the top front page and know shit is going down, lol.

1 hour ago, JibbyJedi said:

*snip*....  1 special place for all out unedited raw commentary wouldn't be the end of the world would it?  We're only human, and we'll always be human.  We just need a disclaimer.

While I believe I understand your noble intentions here, it would violate forum rules to allow people to sling insults at each other.

Giving folks a special place to behave badly is not in the best interests of this forum, in my opinion. 

I see more division between members of opposing viewpoints coming from such a thread than anything else. It will just further piss people off which will spread to other threads.

We are trying to encourage people to actually behave in a "civilized" manner here, and a "free for all" kind of thread would diminish the environment we are trying very hard to create and maintain at this forum. 

Of course, these are just my opinions. Shep could pop in and say, " Yup we are doing it!" and that is how it will be. lol

2 people like this

1 hour ago, JibbyJedi said:

Of course, apologies for not posting it there to begin with.

Throwing out ideas based on long term wisdom learned over time in this stuff.  I'm about as old as it gets in FE, besides the rare few starters. 

I've considered the "regardless of disclaimer hurt feelings" factors too.  We are adults and we need to stop requiring to be coddled so much, we're all growed up in here pretty much, we should be able to handle bad words & hard opinions by now.  You guys can stick all that off topic stink of anger stuff in one thread here.  People will see it near the top front page and know shit is going down, lol.

I agree with you that as adults, we should be able to tolerate conflicting points of view, harsh criticism, and the vitriol spewed at us. How we choose to handle such things as an adult is a measure of our character.  

Do we choose to act like adults in a mature, civilized manner or do we not? 
(I am certainly not "above" making the occasional immature, knee-jerk, retaliatory comment based on an emotional impulse, by I try not to do so.)

I have to agree with Rabid on this. Also, if one topic has a free for all thread, we'd have to make one for every other topic if we were going to be fair about it.  Flat Earth is no different from any other topic, other than the amount of moderation it requires.  

People need to learn to be civil regardless of what topic they are discussing, at least here on this forum.  If we wanted a free for all we'd be a drama forum and let people rip each other's heads off at will, but we don't.  Hopefully this is what sets us apart from the rest and that is why people want to post here to begin with. 

Not only that, we are not going to warn people for posts that are against the guidelines and leave them up, they are going to be edited or deleted by staff when warnings are issued.  Otherwise, the system we have in place will be useless. 

The guidelines are quite simple and easy to follow.  All it takes is some maturity.  And I'm not above getting angry and saying something I shouldn't. I'm a poster as well as an Admin. But I manage most of the time.  I feel that everyone else should be able to do that, too. 

1 hour ago, RabidWolf said:

I agree with you that as adults, we should be able to tolerate conflicting points of view, harsh criticism, and the vitriol spewed at us. How we choose to handle such things as an adult is a measure of our character.  

Do we choose to act like adults in a mature, civilized manner or do we not? 
(I am certainly not "above" making the occasional immature, knee-jerk, retaliatory comment based on an emotional impulse, by I try not to do so.)

And when you do, make the occasional knee jerk, I mean, it's not ment in spite, but for lols, not just for you and the audience but the person you're speaking to as well. A "laughing with you" over a precieved flub is something the wifey and i do to eachother all the time, and it gets big laughs. it's not ment to sting.

So when I saw this thread, I thought this would be a thread for those like me on the fence about the issue. A neutral zone where you could discus the issue without having to be labeled as one or the other, as in the search for truth, seeing through diffrent eyes, while as limiting as your own point of view, is still a view you haven't yet seen, and therefore worth a moment's perception. Even if that moment is a mere instant.

That said, idk about the rest of ya, but when I pop off, it's basically a character act, I think most people are the same way. When in that place, whatever it may be, whatever label makes ya nod, it's not them being them, but them being them to the 11, and not at their Super Ego, ya know? Once you realize that's literally everyone's gimmick, because that's how ya be hard wired, you can see why someone like me might just throw on some face paint, shake the ropes, and make a show of it, because why the hell not?

See, you guys are already in the know. So you don't realize how well entertainment has dulled the senses of those that need to be with you in the know instead of ya being all, "i know something you don't know". And when you know that, you become the greatest tin foil hatted entertainer on the boards today. And people wake up. Rothchilds become mainstream. FE goes from 12000 sites last year to over several million this year. And it's not because 12 million people are like, "Earth is flat", but they see this bullshit being fed to them, the same pic, the proof of doctured photos, nasa saying "we can't pass through the belts" but then somehow did 3 decades earlier. Alot of the Flat Earth movement is alot of the Trump movement. We see things are bullshit, and if picking the thing that gets the biggest pop in the room wakes anyone up to what's really going on, then f*** the future, there ain't one without a now.

And trust me when I tell ya, the time is now.

2 hours ago, RabidWolf said:

While I believe I understand your noble intentions here, it would violate forum rules to allow people to sling insults at each other.

Giving folks a special place to behave badly is not in the best interests of this forum, in my opinion. 

I see more division between members of opposing viewpoints coming from such a thread than anything else. It will just further piss people off which will spread to other threads.

We are trying to encourage people to actually behave in a "civilized" manner here, and a "free for all" kind of thread would diminish the environment we are trying very hard to create and maintain at this forum. 

Of course, these are just my opinions. Shep could pop in and say, " Yup we are doing it!" and that is how it will be. lol

I agree with the premise and aspects of your points, but these are unusual circumstances we're dealing with in this FE arena.  When we say, "flat Earth", we aren't just talking about the shape of the Earth but all the revelations that come with that.

I've seen the closest of friends torn apart by this, heard of family members divided too.  Forum rules of course should apply across the board, maybe there can be a civilized compromise here?

In my travels I have slung quite the barrage of choice words & phrases to others debating FE, what I've noticed after such releases was a strange cooperation & compromise of wills between opposing sides.  There's something about releasing one's anger & rage onto another that relieves them of many stresses and brings about a civilized compromise between parties.   A couple of examples from COP would be my rivalries with Cryptic Mole & VonLud, after releasing our unedited feelings we all came to a civilized compromise. 

One night of release has brought about months of peace between many parties.  There's something about hitting the dead end wall with someone, we learn each other's limits and/or boundaries.  There can be several compromises to this proposition, as in boundaries of language & certain verbal actions taken.  I don't think of it as extra work for mods so much as an X-rated curtain covered area where already redirected anger & rage is sent away from but now to one designated place? 

That's how I see it anyway.

3 hours ago, RabidWolf said:

I have to agree with rabid and cinnamon on this.

While i understand the view point, It's just not something we can do!

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I have to agree with Rabid on this. Also, if one topic has a free for all thread, we'd have to make one for every other topic if we were going to be fair about it.  Flat Earth is no different from any other topic, other than the amount of moderation it requires.  

People need to learn to be civil regardless of what topic they are discussing, at least here on this forum.  If we wanted a free for all we'd be a drama forum and let people rip each other's heads off at will, but we don't.  Hopefully this is what sets us apart from the rest and that is why people want to post here to begin with. 

Not only that, we are not going to warn people for posts that are against the guidelines and leave them up, they are going to be edited or deleted by staff when warnings are issued.  Otherwise, the system we have in place will be useless. 

The guidelines are quite simple and easy to follow.  All it takes is some maturity.  And I'm not above getting angry and saying something I shouldn't. I'm a poster as well as an Admin. But I manage most of the time.  I feel that everyone else should be able to do that, too. 

I agree with both of your points & statements.

It's an experimental thing as I've not seen it done selectively in forums, it's either across the board one way or the other.   Do most topics require such moderation as FE seems to?  This is why I say that particular topic (and all that comes with it) have special exemptions.  For example..... nukes don't exist - goes with flat Earth in that most folks on team no nukes exist are also FE'ers. 

I have conflicting views with Bible FE'ers too, not to a point of rage, but civilized disagreements..... what I'm referring to basically is a place for HAN & me & maybe a few other to "be themselves" unedited.  I see F- bombs all over this place left alone, it's the context that allows for some to stay it seems.  Sometimes just misspelling the F - bomb is allowed to stay regardless of context.  I'm not advocating the use of it freely, just a place to release pent up energy in a way that isn't beyond extreme levels of human acceptance.

7 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I have to agree with rabid and cinnamon on this.

While i understand the view point, It's just not something we can do!

Everyone wants to watch a fist fight, unedited for at least the time frame where no one is getting "too hurt", right?  Of course you, me, and most of us sickos want to watch a train wreck or a good soap opera war.  I was thinking along those lines..... like if the person is K.O.'d then the fight has to stop.

It's an experimental concept, if it works or not I have no idea s I don't think it's been tried selectively on any forum.  They either allow all out free for all brawling, or are ATS strict and require specific contribution formats.  Not many forums allow FE openly and freely so COP is sort of experimenting with that combination, just an idea I have to try to see if people can be angry-mature maybe. 

What I want to happen and what likely happens are rarely similar things though.  A neutral zone is needed though in some regard or concept.

5 minutes ago, JibbyJedi said:

Everyone wants to watch a fist fight, unedited for at least the time frame where no one is getting "too hurt", right?  Of course you, me, and most of us sickos want to watch a train wreck or a good soap opera war.  I was thinking along those lines..... like if the person is K.O.'d then the fight has to stop.

It's an experimental concept, if it works or not I have no idea s I don't think it's been tried selectively on any forum.  They either allow all out free for all brawling, or are ATS strict and require specific contribution formats.  Not many forums allow FE openly and freely so COP is sort of experimenting with that combination, just an idea I have to try to see if people can be angry-mature maybe. 

What I want to happen and what likely happens are rarely similar things though.  A neutral zone is needed though in some regard or concept.

I'm all for experimentation but the idea put forward will never work in a forum environment. What we have is clear-cut easy to understand rules/concepts on how to keep thing's civil. Allowing something that breaks a rule furthers to do nothing other than make the rule be seen as stupid for everyone else. Thus they will ignore it. And that then spreads an issue that need not exist across the rest of the forum. And quite honestly! This ain't Fight Club! its a discussion forum.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.