Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Colossal" Water Main Break Floods Streets in Beverly Grove

5 posts in this topic

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Water-Main-Break-Bevery-Grove-Los-Angeles--303423231.html

The broken 6-inch main shot a geyser of water into the air, causing a sinkhole and flooding streets. Residents described hearing a rumbling sound.

"I heard this sound ... it was kind of an eruption sound. It was really loud, it was rumbling," a longtime resident of the block told NBC4.

SoCal Water Main Breaks

SoCal Water Main Breaks

"It was colossal," he said. "The jet of water was easily as tall as the tree."

Crews turned off the water by 6 a.m. and were working to repair the sinkhole, leaving about 20 to 30 customers temporarily without water, LADWP spokeswoman Carol Tucker said.

add insult to injury with our drought problems hmm

Tuesday morning's incident follows a West Hollywood water main break over the weekend, described as a "Poseidon adventure," that sent "massive" amounts of water into streets and parking garages.

Wonder if you would get thrown in jail if you started filling up some buckets.  How many gallons of water does Nestle pump OUT of California? Yet little Johnny gets his dad a fine if he flushes his toilet.  Reminds me of that James Bond movie Quantum of Solace, which to me always held truth.   Today, Bottled water.  Tomorow, can of air......

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.