Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTF! Yellowstone Photo Could Get You 1 Year In Prison Under New Wyoming Law

4 posts in this topic

Published on May 11, 2015

www.undergroundworldnews.com
Imagine visiting Yellowstone this summer. You wake up before dawn to take a picture of the sunrise over the mists emanating from Yellowstone hot springs. A thunderhead towers above the rising sun, and the picture turns out beautifully. You submit the photo to a contest sponsored by the National Weather Service. Under a statute signed into law by the Wyoming governor this spring, you have just committed a crime and could face up to one year in prison.

Wyoming doesn’t, of course, care about pictures of geysers or photo competitions. But photos are a type of data, and the new law makes it a crime to gather data about the condition of the environment across most of the state if you plan to share that data with the state or federal government. The reason? The state wants to conceal the fact that many of its streams are contaminated by E. coli bacteria, strains of which can cause serious health problems, even death. A small organization called Western Watersheds Project (which I represent pro bono in an unrelated lawsuit) has found the bacteria in a number of streams crossing federal land in concentrations that violate water quality standards under the federal Clean Water Act. Rather than engaging in an honest public debate about the cause or extent of the problem, Wyoming prefers to pretend the problem doesn’t exist. And under the new law, the state threatens anyone who would challenge that belief by producing information to the contrary with a term in jail.

Well Thoth, to be honest, I really don't blame them for hushing up the fact that e coli
is in unsafe levels in the water. Just take a look at it. No one needs to be a rocket
scientist to know they shouldn't go near it. It's not like the government contaminated
the water themselves. Why should they cause any kind of a panic. People would stop
going to the park if they did. Besides, I'll bet it's a seasonal thing that fluctuates year
after year.

The video you've provided is never-the-less very good information, and I can see how
it would be important. Especially if you have small children, but other than that, I don't
really see any conspiracy here with it. To me it just seems like a natural occurrence.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Good grief. One would think there would be automatic gifts given to anyone whistleblowing environmental damage! *SIGH*

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.