Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Fourth echelon

i guess i better cut down on splenda

11 posts in this topic

Study links Splenda to higher risk of leukemia

WASHINGTON, March 11 (UPI) -- Although Splenda has been promoted as a healthier alternative to refined white sugar, a recent study conducted in Italy linked the artificial sweetener to higher risk for leukemia.

Scientists found Splenda significantly increased the risk for leukemia, as well as other cancers, research that is in line with other studies in recent years.

Splenda, or sucralose, was introduced in 1999 as an alternative to other artificial sweeteners shown to cause health issues, as well as to sugar, which is linked to increased risk for many conditions. Most studies, including those done by the sweetener's manufacturer, have not shown it can cause cancer.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2016/03/11/Study-links-Splenda-to-higher-risk-of-leukemia/3741457711872/?spt=mps&or=2

i use upwards of 16 packets daily. i add it to just about everything that calls for sugar.

This is really bad news for a lot of people, Storm!  Stop using it now. Try some xylitol, you can use it to sweeten anything and you can cook with it too. It's the best thing I've ever tried for a sugar substitute, no icky aftertaste either.  It's made from Birch bark and if you get some, try to get U.S. made, they have it on Amazon. It's on the shelf right beside the fried crickets. heh

1 person likes this

We use Agave suger - that is if and when we use it - I do not drink milk or sugar in coffee - I like cowboy-coffee Mostly pure honey is used for any sweetener jobby

Even that has good and bad attributes and the jury is still out.  I think it is better than all these artificial stuff which almost all have aspartame in them.

3 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

We use Agave suger - that is if and when we use it - I do not drink milk or sugar in coffee - I like cowboy-coffee Mostly pure honey is used for any sweetener jobby

Even that has good and bad attributes and the jury is still out.  I think it is better than all these artificial stuff which almost all have aspartame in them.

I had to look up cowboy coffee, I've had it before when camping. :)  I don't use much sweetener either, none in coffee. If leukemia is caused by splenda it needs to go right now. So sad we are all consuming things and many don't even know the dangers. I've also used agave syrup, it's not bad at all as far as taste goes. 

1 person likes this

Do you really use Splenda, Storm? I hope not.

My best friend had severe nerve damage in her arm because she used aspartame. And she STILL lets her kids and grandkids swill those nasty power drinks and other hideous colas!!!! 

Splenda is more of the same. 

http://rense.com/general65/splend.htm

". . . ask why table salt, which also contains chlorine, is safe while Splenda/sucralose is toxic? Because salt isn't a chlorocarbon. When molecular chemistry binds sodium to chlorine to make salt carbon isn't included. Sucralose and salt are as different as oil and water. "Unlike sodium chloride, chlorocarbons are never nutritionally compatible with our metabolic processes and are wholly incompatible with normal human metabolic functioning. . . .

This arrangement adversely affects human metabolism because our mitochondrial and cellular enzyme systems are designed to completely utilize organic molecules containing carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and other compatible nutritional elements. "By this process chlorocarbons such as sucralose deliver chlorine directly into our cells . . . ."

1 person likes this

@Storm cat

Splenda has been bad all along I am surprised that you didn't know this .

And to leukemia is common in Cats .

Hugs I love Cats :hug:

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, CSB said:

@Storm cat

Splenda has been bad all along I am surprised that you didn't know this .

And to leukemia is common in Cats .

Hugs I love Cats :hug:

Right?

Who doesn't know artificial sweeteners suck by now?

Convenience stores sell walls of soft drinks and 99% of them are considered poison ?.

1 person likes this

Just now, Team Uzi said:

Right?

Who doesn't know artificial sweeteners suck by now?

Convenience stores sell walls of soft drinks and 99% of them are considered poison ?.

And that's why natural sugars are best :D

I'm with Faulkage on this one.

Agave all the way. ... ?

I'm a zero calorie Stevia gal myself for at least 20 years.

If ya can't switch to agave or stevia at least use Sweet n' Low which is still available just about everywhere in the pink packets. Saccharin isn't the best choice but at least it has a 100 year history of relative safety unlike aspartame which should never have gotten FDA approval for human consumption.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.