Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malevolent

RIP Keith Emerson

11 posts in this topic

Keith Emerson, one of the founders of the progressive rock band Emerson, Lake and Palmer, died on Thursday in Santa Monica, Calif.. He was 71.

Bandmate Carl Palmer released a statement through his publicist on Emerson’s death.

“I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of my good friend and brother-in-music, Keith Emerson. Keith was a gentle soul whose love for music and passion for his performance as a keyboard player will remain unmatched for many years to come,” Palmer wrote. “He was a pioneer and an innovator whose musical genius touched all of us in the worlds of rock, classical and jazz. I will always remember his warm smile, good sense of humor, compelling showmanship, and dedication to his musical craft. I am very lucky to have known him and to have made the music we did, together. Rest in peace, Keith.”

The band said fans could leave condolences on their official Facebook page.

Emerson played keyboards for the band, whose hits include "Fanfare for the Common Man" and “From the Beginning.” Emerson, Lake and Palmer formed in 1970, broke up in 1979, and reformed in the early 1990s, releasing nine albums in total.

LOL, I was posting the same thing as you at the same time...Ill merge our threads.

4 minutes ago, CGK said:

LOL, I was posting the same thing as you at the same time...Ill merge our threads.

The man was a genius on the keys that is for sure..

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

Keith Emerson, one of the founders of the progressive rock band Emerson, Lake and Palmer, died on Thursday in Santa Monica, Calif.. He was 71.

Bandmate Carl Palmer released a statement through his publicist on Emerson’s death.

“I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of my good friend and brother-in-music, Keith Emerson. Keith was a gentle soul whose love for music and passion for his performance as a keyboard player will remain unmatched for many years to come,” Palmer wrote. “He was a pioneer and an innovator whose musical genius touched all of us in the worlds of rock, classical and jazz. I will always remember his warm smile, good sense of humor, compelling showmanship, and dedication to his musical craft. I am very lucky to have known him and to have made the music we did, together. Rest in peace, Keith.”

The band said fans could leave condolences on their official Facebook page.

Emerson played keyboards for the band, whose hits include "Fanfare for the Common Man" and “From the Beginning.” Emerson, Lake and Palmer formed in 1970, broke up in 1979, and reformed in the early 1990s, releasing nine albums in total.

I dont know whats going on with all these Musician who have died since the first of they year but, if there is an afterlife we are going to be in for one hell of a concert when our time comes!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

The man was a genius on the keys that is for sure..

Yep...One of the all time greats!!!!

Damn...Suicide?

The keyboardist, who shot to fame after helping found Emerson, Lake and Palmer, was 71 years old.

Sergeant Erika Aklufi of Santa Monica police said Mr Emerson had an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

She said: “It's being investigated as a suicide.”

More: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/500661/keith-emerson-lake-palmer-david-bowie-alan-rickman-sir-george-martin

How many of these musicians have died since New Years? I keep seeing post after post about them. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.