Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Photos: Anniversary of Great East Japan earthquake/Today is the 5th Anniversary of Fukushima

1 post in this topic

In 2011, a magnitude-9.0 earthquake and resulting tsunami struck Japan's northeastern coast, killing nearly 20,000 people and severely damaging the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power station. The Great East Japan Earthquake was the largest earthquake on record for Japan, and the economic cost, about $235 billion, placed it at the top of the list of the most expensive natural disasters on record.

http://host.madison.com/gallery/news/photos-anniversary-of-great-east-japan-earthquake/collection_76a464c8-e6f3-11e5-8c12-0ba375361876.html

Go to the link and see the photos. It doesn't seem like it's been 5 years since that happened. I remember when it did I was glued to the internet that day, waiting for news about what was happening over there. So sad!  So many people killed and missing. Not to mention the reactors that are still spewing radioactive materials and polluting all of us without end. I guess that will go on forever because they've lost control of it.  What were they thinking building that group of reactors on the ocean in such a dangerous area prone to severe earthquakes? 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.