Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Paranoia in the CT World

7 posts in this topic

Being involved with conspiracy theory seems to have made some people go off the deep end who are researching it.  It's not like we don't have enough conspiracies to root out with what the government and the NWO do, but some see conspiracy where it doesn't even exist. Especially within the so-called community itself. 

I've been in chat rooms where I have seen people so paranoid and delusional that they've simply made up conspiracies about other chatters out of thin air and in the process tried to cause innocent people to get banned and ostracized from the room. What is really interesting is that the people who were doing this were the "most respected" chatters in the room. 

In a couple of instances, it happened in our own chat room and with me knowing all the facts due to my position as Admin, it was really hard to watch certain people basically fabricate complete bull shit about who they were talking about. They let their conspiratorial nature get away from them and resorted to blatant lies to get rid of who they perceived as a "threat". Then when it wasn't allowed to happen, we were also labeled as NSA, FBI, CIA... I keep asking where is my paycheck if that is true!? And how is it possible to work for so many alphabet agencies at the same time? Logic has no place in the minds of those types of people and they love their Witch Hunts. 

I've also seen my fair share of mental illness in chat rooms.  It's not pleasant to watch someone go completely off the deep end and lose their mind and be caught in a continual loop of crazy talk. A lot of this is a result of alcohol and drug use, combined with their mental issues. 

Most of this happens in chat rooms where most forum posters never enter.  But, I've seen it happen on forums, too.  If someone gets banned from a forum, they run to other forums and suddenly the place they've been posting at for years, in some cases, has, in their mind, become government controlled or have "sold out" to the "dark side".  They never have the fortitude to look in the mirror and see that their own actions is what got them banned. Thus the old saw: "Banned for nothing."  

There are forums that ban for nothing, that is true, but most do not. We certainly are not large enough to ban for no reason, nor would we ever behave that way.  There are also forums pushing an agenda, you find that on the really large forums who have the ability to brainwash large swaths of people. Then some forums ban because they simply don't like the content that is posted. This is the trap I think most smaller sized forums fall into and I believe that a lot of the time, it's nothing more than being unable to separate personal feelings about content as an owner/admin. 

If you allow anything and everything regarding content, then you are labeled a "Honey Pot" by those who are paranoid.  So, damned if you do and damned if you don't applies. 

Yes, I am sure that the government is interested in what we talk about, since basically anyone who questions their agendas has been labeled as terrorists. But for the government to come in and buy someone out and expect the forum owners to keep operating it would mean that they are evil to begin with and to pull off something like that would be way too stressful for me!  Let me put it this way, no government entity has ever tried to buy Conspiracy Outpost.  At least not yet.  And if they did, they would have to get rid of us another way, which I am sure they could if they put their minds to it. They'd find something or invent it if we were deemed a huge threat. 

I guess the reason I am writing this is that I find it strange that people have such natures that they can't see what they do wrong and fabricate elaborate tapestries of lies over their being banned.  What it really amounts to is nothing but the defamation of a few people who are risking their necks to create a safe haven for others to voice their opinions. It's quite sad, really. It's difficult to watch people lie about you and there is nothing you can do about it. But I guess that is the nature of the internet. 

3 people like this

Well said @Cinnamon - 

One must try and balance the cyber world with the real world - and that is not always easy.  It is even worse and more difficult to fathom why some posters do what they do or even say what they say.  Almost every one who slanders another will NEVER have the guts to do the same in real life (yes, there are some who probably would) because the anonymity of the Internet is a crutch which gives many a false courage to say what they never could or would.  We are also all too aware of some of the folk who are only here because it is a "job" and stirring the pot is part of their individual KPI's.  It is evident that some folk join a forum or chat group with very strong political or racial agendas and will endeavour to push these in just about every thread.

I do not do chat-rooms thus my knowledge of those is limited - but I assume that what you write you will verbalize as well, providing you are just an image on a computer screen, one of 7+ Billion humans.

Some posters are themselves a conspiracy (TIC)

3 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

Well said @Cinnamon - 

One must try and balance the cyber world with the real world - and that is not always easy.  It is even worse and more difficult to fathom why some posters do what they do or even say what they say.  Almost every one who slanders another will NEVER have the guts to do the same in real life (yes, there are some who probably would) because the anonymity of the Internet is a crutch which gives many a false courage to say what they never could or would.  We are also all too aware of some of the folk who are only here because it is a "job" and stirring the pot is part of their individual KPI's.  It is evident that some folk join a forum or chat group with very strong political or racial agendas and will endeavour to push these in just about every thread.

I do not do chat-rooms thus my knowledge of those is limited - but I assume that what you write you will verbalize as well, providing you are just an image on a computer screen, one of 7+ Billion humans.

Some posters are themselves a conspiracy (TIC)

It's MUCH worse in chat rooms than on forums. That's why I don't go to any of them anymore. The only reason I ever went to conspiracy chats was because I was first moderator then admin, so not much choice in order to try and keep some semblance of peace. In a chat room, it's instant. So there is no taking it back, it's just there. In a forum scenario, it can be deleted before too many people get a chance to see the atrocity and be damaged by it. I do go to chats with real friends and have used chats in business before, but they are completely different animals than a conspiracy chat room. They are not open to just anyone and that makes a huge difference in what happens to you in there. lol 

Yeah, I've watched people lose it on other forums which is one of the reasons I never go to chat rooms. I prefer writing because the forum is a better firewall and affords protection from energy thieves.

2 people like this

Maybe I am overly paranoid but I think LOP and GLP became dirty, but I only have praise for you and Ukshep.

52 minutes ago, Rothbard said:

Maybe I am overly paranoid but I think LOP and GLP became dirty, but I only have praise for you and Ukshep.

Everyone hates us from those places :D its quite funny. Not sure of the entire userbase of those sites are just bots or if we just suck :chuckle:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.