Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

People Really Are Leaving America!

15 posts in this topic

One of my best friends who I have known for 38 years phoned me last night to say she and her husband are leaving the country before the Presidential election. They are selling their home, boats and all other assets, taking their money and moving to an island to live out the rest of their days hanging out on a beach. They are leaving before things get crazy in November.

My friend and her husband were regular working people. She was a waitress and "Joe" was a airplane mechanic. No college degree, just a guy who got dirty, turned wrenches and worked in a shirt with his name on it.

Joe worked hard, really, really hard. Over the past 40 years he worked his way up the food chain eventually building his own "airplane related" company. Last year he made nearly a million dollars. That's what hard work and being smart could do for you in the America.

Joe's business clientele are all private plane owners. You know, the Trump type crowd.  "Talk on the streets" is, if you can leave...do it now!

I couldn't get my friend to be specific on what she may or may not know, but she kept saying, If you can leave, do it before November.

The American dream worked for them. Now as they approach retirement age they are going to enjoy the fruits of their labor rather than take a chance on watching what they have worked so hard for be taken away or redistributed.

So there you have it. The stories you read about people leaving America is real. Those who have the means are bailing out. They are not going underground, they are heading to private islands to live out their days getting a tan and drinking tequila.

Kinda goes along in line with Billary getting planted in the White House. 

My American dream plant has only just begun to sprout... lots of hard work to get where I am, and nowhere near where I need to be to live out my days on an island somewhere... what a shame.  If only I was a generation older.  

I guess I can't complain... I'm fortunate enough to have a very sizable piece of land tucked away in the piney hills of a forgotten portion of Texas/Arkansas...

That's one hell of an affidavit of truth cgk! I'm wondering just what they expect in november.

They are moving to an island? That's safe? Food, water, friendly natives? Maybe.

Just looking for 5 more good years.  Costa Rica looks good,  but we'll have to check it out first.  I hate relying solely  on other people's word, but if it is what some friends of ours say it is, looks like my wife and I will retire there. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, octopus prime said:

Just looking for 5 more good years.  Costa Rica looks good,  but we'll have to check it out first.  I hate relying solely  on other people's word, but if it is what some friends of ours say it is, looks like my wife and I will retire there. 

I was a huge fan of Belize myself.  I've never been to Costa Rica, but I have heard great things about it too.  I have some good friends who swear by it.  

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

That's one hell of an affidavit of truth cgk! I'm wondering just what they expect in november.

I have no idea as to the reasoning behind their decision. If Joe told her it was ok to warn their friends but don't give details, she would do just that. She said they were still trying to decide on what island to relocate to and mentioned Culebra and Vieques were on their list. I know they have been checking out islands in Caribbean so I suspect that's the direction they are headed.

Their adult children are not going with them so they probably are not expecting a revolution and blood in the streets. Seems more likely they anticipate a financial situation. She said, "We have worked too hard all our lives to give all of our money to the government." Maybe they expect a bank bail in with savings accounts and 401k's getting a big hair cut. Or maybe they think there will be means testing for savings and social security. I got no clue. I just hope they tell me where they end up so I can visit! LOL

1 hour ago, Walk Softly said:

I was a huge fan of Belize myself.  I've never been to Costa Rica, but I have heard great things about it too.  I have some good friends who swear by it.  

South America is not on my radar. Im thinking about Heading West! In the PI the majority of the people are God fearing Catholics, speak English, and are friendly to Americans. Money goes a loooooong way in the Philippines.

The Top Retirement Cities In The Philippines

The Philippines is an archipelago of more than 7,000 islands, bordered by Taiwan to the north, the Pacific Ocean to the east, Indonesia and Malaysian Borneo to the south, and the South China Sea to the west. A substantial expat community enjoys everything the country is famous for – beaches, natural beauty, tropical climate, and a friendly, English-speaking population – plus access to good, affordable health care and a lower cost of living. The country extends numerous incentives to expat residents, including discounts for the 60+ crowd, and the duty-free import of household goods.

Here, we take a look at four cities worth exploring if you’re thinking about retiring in the Philippines.

More:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/013015/find-top-retirement-cities-philippines.asp

1 person likes this

I am staying in the USA. 

I'll be here when the shit falls apart.

I'll live through it.

Most importantly, I'll be here to help rebuild this country as it was meant to be.

26 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

I am staying in the USA. 

I'll be here when the shit falls apart.

I'll live through it.

Most importantly, I'll be here to help rebuild this country as it was meant to be.

Right on!!  I like your plan!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.