Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

At Secretive Meeting, Tech CEOs And Top Republicans Commiserate, Plot To Stop Trump

14 posts in this topic

"The key task now, to once again paraphrase Karl Marx, is less to understand Trump than to stop him," Kristol wrote. "In general, there's a little too much hand-wringing, brow-furrowing, and fatalism out there and not quite enough resolving to save the party from nominating or the country electing someone who simply shouldn't be president."

A highlight of the gathering was a presentation by Rove about focus group findings on Trump. The business mogul's greatest weakness, according to Rove, was that voters have a very hard time envisioning him as "presidential" and as somebody their children should look up to. They also see him as somebody who can be erratic and shouldn't have his (small) fingers anywhere near a nuclear trigger.

Sources familiar with the meeting -- who requested anonymity because the forum is off the record -- said that much of the conversation around Trump centered on "how this happened, rather than how are we going to stop him," as one person put it.

Trump, who already has nearly one-third of the delegates he needs to secure the GOP nomination, faces major tests in the Florida and Ohio primaries next week. If he wins both those states, he will need to win just half of the remaining delegates to secure the nomination.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aei-world-forum-donald-trump_us_56ddbd38e4b0ffe6f8ea125d?2oz85mi

Wow, these guys are certainly scared of something and it's not that Trump would mess over the American people. "He simply shouldn't be president" they say? Who do these people think they are, trying to think up ways to keep him out of office. They must not have that much faith in their rigged voting system or what? 

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

A highlight of the gathering was a presentation by Rove about focus group findings on Trump. The business mogul's greatest weakness, according to Rove, was that voters have a very hard time envisioning him as "presidential" and as somebody their children should look up to. They also see him as somebody who can be erratic and shouldn't have his (small) fingers anywhere near a nuclear trigger.

Ok, that's plausible but per usual we don't get the best candidates so without Trump we are left with the Goldmans.....Cruz, Rubio, Hillary and Sanders that are clearly NOT presidential material either. There was much talk about JFK being too young for the job but he was fresh and energetic compared to the old cronies and current hag in the race. Rubio has youth but clearly is low energy like Jeb Bush!  I liked Rand Paul in one of the debates but he's not very popular. In fact, Obama had youth on his side especially against old Mccain. As for children looking up to a president, they already had George W to read stories to them on 9/11. When they're adults and asked where they were when the twin towers fell, they can proudly say they were in the same room with the president supposedly reading from an upside down book.

1 person likes this

About Donald Trump : 

People say they admire him speaking his mind.  My drunken uncle Ted speaks his mind constantly. I don't consider him presidential material.  He's got opinions on immigration,  the 2nd amendment, the national debt,  and building a wall that are eerily similar to Trump's,  only I've heard uncle Ted spout them even longer.  When I asked uncle Ted how the wall would be paid for, what about tunnels and the 2 oceans that go around the wall making it virtually useless,  his answer was equivalent to "Magic, stupid." Once again,  very similar to Trump's.  

Because someone is louder, cruder, more obnoxious,  egotistical,  self-absorbed,  opininated, and condescending, doesn't mean they should be president,  much less make them right. Trump isn't the real problem.  His snake oil salesmanship is as obvious as a televangelist's. He's living proof that P.T. Barnum underestimated the gullibility of people.  That's the real problem,  people need a dose of the reality that they are being manipulated and controlled.  

8 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

About Donald Trump : 

People say they admire him speaking his mind.  My drunken uncle Ted speaks his mind constantly. I don't consider him presidential material.  He's got opinions on immigration,  the 2nd amendment, the national debt,  and building a wall that are eerily similar to Trump's,  only I've heard uncle Ted spout them even longer.  When I asked uncle Ted how the wall would be paid for, what about tunnels and the 2 oceans that go around the wall making it virtually useless,  his answer was equivalent to "Magic, stupid." Once again,  very similar to Trump's.  

Because someone is louder, cruder, more obnoxious,  egotistical,  self-absorbed,  opininated, and condescending, doesn't mean they should be president,  much less make them right. Trump isn't the real problem.  His snake oil salesmanship is as obvious as a televangelist's. He's living proof that P.T. Barnum underestimated the gullibility of people.  That's the real problem,  people need a dose of the reality that they are being manipulated and controlled.  

Trump has faults, no doubt about it. But none of the rest of them are presidential material either.  It's the same as usual, pick the one you think will do the least damage. But, I'm pretty sure that there isn't an honest vote count due to electronic voting machines, anyway.   So, my point isn't really about Trump's viability as president, it is about how these elites control things and are conspirators. What if you had a candidate you really believed in and these people didn't want that person as President, there are lots of reasons they could use to not allow them into the club?  They did the same thing with Ron Paul.  Trump is becoming the Republican party's nightmare, they're not doing this for the people, they're doing it for themselves so they can continue with their positions of power and enslavement of the world. In other words, if they can do it to Trump, that means they can do it any other candidate.  Everyone wants to know who the NWO is, it's the people listed at the beginning of the article I posted. There are lots more of them, but they are the super rich and have tremendous clout in deciding exactly which direction the U.S. will go in terms of policies. They are totally out of line, it's more election rigging. Don't you wish your voice counted like theirs does? 

At this stage of the game Trump seems the lesser of all the evils.  The left are horrified that he makes the statements he does.  The right on the other hand are are liking it.

Let's be honest and rational - Even if Mr Trump lives through this dog-eat-dog, despicable "race" to become Mr President he will really have his work cut-out to do even half of what he promises.  There is still a political system within which he needs to operate and surrounding himself with "yes-men" like Obummer has will take quite a while and is easier said than done for he will surely not have the help and assistance Obummer had from the likes of Rockefeller and the otherfella.

So, if you sit quietly and you think logically and rationally (a feat more difficult for some than they care to admit though) then you'd surely realise that the rest of them candidates would just be a push down the slippery slope America finds itself.

And there has probably never been a situation more apt than this specific "race" to quote the genius of Niccolo Machiavelli 

`` We must bear in mind, then, that there is nothing more difficult and dangerous, or more doubtful of success, than an attempt to introduce a new order of things in any state.  For the innovator has for enemies all those who derived advantages from the old order of things, whilst those who expect to be benefited by the new institutions will be but lukewarm defenders.  This indifference arises in part from fear of their adversaries who were favoured by the existing laws, and partly from the incredulity of men who have no faith in anything new that is not the result of well-established experience.  Hence it is that, whenever the opponents of the new order of things have the opportunity to attack it, they will do it with the zeal of partisans, whilst the others defend it but feebly, so that it is dangerous to rely upon the latter.''

57 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:
1 hour ago, FalkeAuge said:

At this stage of the game Trump seems the lesser of all the evils.  The left are horrified that he makes the statements he does.  The right on the other hand are are liking it.

Let's be honest and rational - Even if Mr Trump lives through this dog-eat-dog, despicable "race" to become Mr President he will really have his work cut-out to do even half of what he promises.  There is still a political system within which he needs to operate and surrounding himself with "yes-men" like Obummer has will take quite a while and is easier said than done for he will surely not have the help and assistance Obummer had from the likes of Rockefeller and the otherfella.

So, if you sit quietly and you think logically and rationally (a feat more difficult for some than they care to admit though) then you'd surely realise that the rest of them candidates would just be a push down the slippery slope America finds itself.

"If voting really mattered, they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain 

The lesser of two evils argument is one of the reasons this country is in the predicament it's in. Evil is evil, period. The slippery slope you warn of begins with those kinds of rationalizations. A turd sandwich, whether it's on white bread or 12 grain, still tastes like crap, isnt any healthier, and I won't eat it. 

The "choices" (which is a word I  wouldn't use when it comes to the figurehead in chief), are an illusion.  They're the same and the agenda must be followed.  Trump won't be any different,  even if he was inclined to put this country's needs ahead of his own or the nwo agenda, he would be assimilated or removed.  

Prepare yourself and those around you who are like minded. 

So, @octopus prime what is the ultimate answer.  A country needs a president or sort of a guy "in charge" - you are thus saying that they are all the same and you should not vote for any of them?  The problem I have is that a stay-away vote is one for the opposition.  But, I'd like to know what your hypothesis is and how will you make it work seeing that in all probability half of the 200+ million folk will vote?

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, FalkeAuge said:

So, @octopus prime what is the ultimate answer.  A country needs a president or sort of a guy "in charge" - you are thus saying that they are all the same and you should not vote for any of them?  The problem I have is that a stay-away vote is one for the opposition.  But, I'd like to know what your hypothesis is and how will you make it work seeing that in all probability half of the 200+ million folk will vote?

My answer is that I  will vote Libertarian.  Most likely Gary Johnson.  I  don't play the Republican/Democrat game because in my view,  there's no difference.  In 1984, Orwell told people that the opposition was created and controlled by the powers that be and I believe that to be true. 

As far as making anything work,  I can't change the world,  only my portion of it. Hopefully, everyone will do that because if they spent as much time fixing themselves as they did trying to fix others, we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

Would the Libertarians be any better?  I have no way of knowing,  but what I do know is that 200 years of this hasn't worked. 

Edited by octopus prime
Because

4 hours ago, octopus prime said:

My answer is that I  will vote Libertarian.  Most likely Gary Johnson.  I  don't play the Republican/Democrat game because in my view,  there's no difference.  In 1984, Orwell told people that the opposition was created and controlled by the powers that be and I believe that to be true. 

Noble and would be cool if it worked.  Unfortunately there is a very big opposition to people actually having civil liberties!  But if you feel that this direction will rest nice and snugly in your heart, go for it! :VzlHwzb:

46 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

Noble and would be cool if it worked.  Unfortunately there is a very big opposition to people actually having civil liberties!  But if you feel that this direction will rest nice and snugly in your heart, go for it! :VzlHwzb:

FA, what do people in your country think of Donald and the other candidates? If the whole world could vote in the US election, who would they pick? 

The Chinese would vote for ___.

English _____.

Canadians _____.

Here's the list of attendees at Jekell er Sea Island. Crony politicians and corporate gang bangers deciding the fate of America. They've already done so much for ordinary Americans, no? Captains of industry lining their own pockets with the help of government legislators and this has really made America so great and created sooooo many jobs........in China. Rotten apples! SpaceX, that's funny. Napster+ facebook = dirt nap. Mitch and Karl, just retire already. Look at the juniors being brought into the fold. So much to look forward to in 2017.

Apple CEO Tim Cook,

Google co-founder Larry Page,

Napster creator and Facebook investor Sean Parker,

Tesla Motors and SpaceX honcho Elon Musk  

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.),

political guru Karl Rove,

House Speaker Paul Ryan,

GOP Sens. Tom Cotton (Ark.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Tim Scott (S.C.), Rob Portman (Ohio) and Ben Sasse (Neb.),

Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton (Mich.),

Rep. Kevin Brady (Texas)  

Kevin McCarthy (Calif.),

Cathy McMorris Rodgers (Wash.),

Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-Ga.),

Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling (Texas)

Diane Black (Tenn.)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-08/gop-leaders-tech-execs-plot-against-trump-secret-neocon-island-meeting

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.