Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malevolent

Countries and the Truth

6 posts in this topic

Yes, we all have them - people who badmouth countries and people who see the funny side of countries.  

This is just..well funny!

Texas - A woman who stripped after crashing her car and danced naked on top of the cab of a big rig that was stopped behind her caused part of a Houston-area highway to be closed on Monday, police said.

A hook and ladder fire truck was used to pluck the woman from the roof, as television helicopters circled over Highway 290 to film her dancing, sitting and standing on it. Stations used a variety of methods to cover her body.

The woman, who has not been identified, was taken to a hospital for physical and mental evaluation, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said.

Police said she is believed to have had two accidents before slamming her car into a concrete barrier on the highway.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Detroit
A lot of very bad can be said about Detroit and with justification.
However, the people of Motown have spirit and there is some good clean fun to had there.

Edited by Lucy Barnable

@Lucy Barnable Said: in another thread

I've heard horrible things about SA.
How bad it was under apartheid and now after.
I'm so glad to have read the things you and Sky Cat posted here.
It's great to get the perspective of the people rather than the just the media.
Because of you two I now have a high opinion of South Africans.
You represent your country and people well. lol

If only we had a Somalian member here to tell us what's really going on over there...

Yes, there are horrible things - there are the most atrocious and outrages murders and crimes and corruption and... But, hell, there are some incredibly beautiful places there are many incredible people from all walks of life!  The biggest issues with racism is in the minds of the politicians who have found that to be a very malleable tool to use for electioneering.  It then is obvious that the local MSM have latched onto this because it is sensationalism and that is what sells stories.  Most (if not all) journalists are focused on making a buck and getting to be in the top famous bunch odd A-holes.  They will tag along with any regime and will very quickly change stride when a new or different "master" is elected.

In many cases people (and that's probably around the world) are victims of crime because of their own stupidity and gullibility!  I digress, but I saw a woman of a European country in Kenya walking with about ten ponds of gold and diamonds strung around her neck and arms - walking in the street as if it is in paradise - plain flippen stupid!  I have been and worked in almost all African countries and understand to a degree the mind of the petty criminal.   I too walk the streets of Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya etc - with a pair of old worn sneakers, a faded T-shirt - shorts and US$20 in my pocket - no jewelry - no problem!

People by and large will read a lot about apartheid and will once again believe all the sh!t they read.  Yeas there were problems and yes it was in all probability an incorrect policy.  We the grassroots people are no better off today than under apartheid.  The white guy is now being crucified for the errors of the past and the black guy is no better off.  You cannot EAT the vote!  People have the vote they now chose a "leader" - but alas in true African style that leader is hell bent on self enrichment.  Infrastructure is not maintained and the biggest specialty of government and local government is alibi-management - there is always someone to blame and accountability is not in their vocab.

But hell, this is a great country with great people - except for a few A-holes who burn and riot because they have nothing better to do.   

This country - like America - has some absolutely stunning nature reserves and wild life!  You are most welcome!

1 person likes this

You have to be on some serious sh!t to be able to do that - my head will fall off!

Somewhere in between these two videos lies the truth encased in bullshit.

1 person likes this

second video is interesting,
and humorous

'speaking of white flight,
i seen an albatross'

he was right about the pyramidal power structure

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.