Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

White House: ISIS extermination of Christians can’t be called genocide yet

3 posts in this topic

The Obama administration says Islamic State’s persecution of Christian minorities in Iraq and Syria is not genocide. The point where it is accurate to term it as such “has not been reached,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a press briefing.

Asked whether Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) is practicing genocide in its extermination of Christians in Syria and Iraq, Earnest said: “My understanding is the use of that word involves a very specific legal determination that has at this point not been reached. 

“We have long expressed our concerns with the tendency of – well, not a tendency – a tactic employed by ISIL to slaughter religious minorities in Iraq and in Syria,” he added.

“But we have been quite candid and direct exactly about how ISIL’s tactics are worthy of the kind of international, robust response that the international community is leading. And those tactics include a willingness to target religious minorities, including Christians.”

The 1948 UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, says genocide is “acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group,” including by means of “killing members of the group.” 

In March 2015, a report from the United Nations Committee on Human Rights stated: “The acts of violence [by IS in Iraq and Syria] perpetrated against civilians because of their affiliation or perceived affiliation to an ethnic or religious group … may constitute genocide.”

According to a European Parliament resolution adopted in April 2015,“Christians are the most persecuted religious group; whereas extremism and persecution of this nature is emerging as a significant factor in the growing phenomenon of mass migration; whereas according to data the number of Christians killed every year is more than 150,000.”

https://www.rt.com/news/334270-us-genocide-christians-unreached/

Sounds like genocide to me. 

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

and to me as well.

3 hours ago, Ukshep said:
3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

and to me as well.

Yep, me too.

Discrimination: 2,098 Syrian Muslim Refugees Allowed Into America, Only 53 Christians
17 Nov 2015

Despite President Obama’s sanctimonious proclamation Monday that America does not have a religious test when it comes to admitting refugees into America, the actual math appears to show the complete opposite is true. According to CNSNews.com, who looked at the data, only 53 Syrian Christian refugees have been allowed into America, compared to 2,098 Syrian Muslims.
-----
About those Republicans who suggested we bring in Syrian refugees who are Christians, the President raged “We don’t have religious tests to our compassion We do not close our hearts to these victims of such violence and somehow start equating the issue of refugees with the issue of terrorism.”

According to the actual numbers, though, the president is lying. We do have a religious test, and for plausible deniability, one that is administered by the United Nations. And as a result, those refugees being discriminated are both Christians and those who are the most victimized and persecuted in Syria.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/17/discrimination-2098-syrian-muslim-refugees-allowed-into-america-only-53-christians/

I think most Americans would be much more open to accepting Christian refugees than Muslims but that's not a part of Obama's plan.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.