Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Houston Oil Refinery Explosion

5 posts in this topic

There goes another one! I suppose gas prices will go up now too.

Explosion rocks refinery in Pasadena, injuring at least one

At least one person has been injured in an explosion at a Pasadena refinery.

Pasadena police say it happened at the Pasadena Refining System, Inc. plant, off SH 225 and Lawndale Street.

Investigators say the explosion happened inside the refinery. Black smoke could be seen for miles coming from the site of the explosion.

The Washburn tunnel has been closed by authorities after the explosion.

The abc13 newsroom has received multiple calls from residents who say they felt the explosion.

More:

http://abc13.com/news/explosion-rocks-pasadena-plant-one-injured/1232466/

Texas has had quite a few plants blowing up over the last couple of years.  Perhaps they need to finally realize that those pesky industrial regulations they like to gut so much just aren't for show.

I'm beginning to think that the cost of violation of regs is much cheaper than complying, so they just take the risk. Banks get fined millions for something they did that profited them in the billions. Part of the cost of doing business. 

This was supposed to be the crisis actor routine of JH15 in Bastrop last year...

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

I'm beginning to think that the cost of violation of regs is much cheaper than complying, so they just take the risk. Banks get fined millions for something they did that profited them in the billions. Part of the cost of doing business. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.