Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Underground Bunkers and Human Psychology!

9 posts in this topic

I've been thinking long and hard lately about a few key things. One such thing is on why we as humans want to do certain things. For instance since i was a young wipper snapper i always had an urge to ride anything with an engine. Anything that roared. The smell of petrol/gasoline was so nostalgic for me even before i knew what it was.

I had a major urge to drive or use mechanical vehicles that had an engine. I wanted the smell. I wanted to go fast. I wanted to feel alive. But now i am much older and i feel the very same urge once again.

This time the urge is for an underground bunker. I am not even sure why i feel this urge although i do feel that a base underneath the ground would allow me to get the f*** away. Kind of like those fallout shelters from fallout games. I have this tremendous urge to just be underground and i do not know why. In thought i maybe liked the idea of the things i could have and do but when i remove what i can do without and ask myself the question? i still want to be underground. Even if its a carved out room in sandstone and i have nothing but a bed, some moss to suck on and some mushrooms on the wall. I could die in that room. But i still feel that urge.

Has anyone else started to experience this urge to just be underground asap. Im starting to thinking its my subconscious telling me that i need to do it to survive. But im not sure anymore.

2 cents anyone?

You are longing for a "Man Cave" and it's a perfectly normal guy thing. Men want a place for themselves where they can be alone and leave the stress of the world. behind.

As far as me wanting to be underground? No thank you! Im staying above ground for as long as life allows it. Then I will go underground...about 6 feet to be exact.  LOL

1 minute ago, CGK said:

You are longing for a "Man Cave" and it's a perfectly normal guy thing. Men want a place for themselves where they can be alone and leave the stress of the world. behind.

As far as me wanting to be underground? No thank you! Im staying above ground for as long as life allows it. Then I will go underground...about 6 feet to be exact.  LOL

Lol it's not a man cave thing i know that :D

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Lol it's not a man cave thing i know that :D

Ok then what is it? Wanting to live underground in fear of the outside world? Believe me Shep, that whole Underground bunker thing is not all its cracked up to be.

I have a friend who has a 600 sq foot underground bunker in a community of people with bunkers. Her bunker is quite nice, with flat screen tv, running water, electricity, and enough food to last a few years. She and her husband did a test run in the bunker for a week. She said after a week of living in the thing she was nearly insane. Her body was craving sunshine, fresh air and she couldn't wait to get out of the bunker. I asked her how long she thought she could realistically live in the bunker if the world was melting down. She replied, "Maybe a month. After that Im going outside to die because living in a hole is a slow death. Im just going to get it over with."

Take it for what its worth but living in a bunker is not as great as it sounds.

2 people like this

Hunkering down is not the same as bunkering down!

A damp environment is not healthy nor is living with the ants even though Marvel Comics suggests otherwise.

4 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Hunkering down is not the same as bunkering down!

A damp environment is not healthy nor is living with the ants even though Marvel Comics suggests otherwise.

Oh i know. its just being underground for some reason is something i want right now.

Oh i know. its just being underground for some reason is something i want right now.

Maybe you are being too literal in your translation. Being underground can mean being invisible to TPTB and you are probably feeling exposed which is completely normal in running a CT site. If you need to go dark for awhile, we'll understand.

15 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Maybe you are being too literal in your translation. Being underground can mean being invisible to TPTB and you are probably feeling exposed which is completely normal in running a CT site. If you need to go dark for awhile, we'll understand.

I'm not sure what it is anymore. Seems like the world is doomed. And i need a bunker :D

I'm not sure what it is anymore. Seems like the world is doomed. And i need a bunker :D

Your bunker is your state of mind. Protect it at all costs! I know, I'm a broken record but consider the wonderfulness of living in your own world surrounded by all the things you love (no doom allowed) and just observe The World of Man which is confusion and chaos without getting sucked into it.

Disclaimer. It ain't easy but really helps with staying sane.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.