Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Conspiracy Outpost - The Actual Outpost!

82 posts in this topic

Bro, that's a great idea but just not in Britain - Freeking cold will kill-ya!

Seriously though - are there no laws that prohibit such an assimilation of "like-minded" people? We know that most governments will see that as some kind of plot or secret society etc.  Would be really cool if it could work. 

1 minute ago, FalkeAuge said:

Bro, that's a great idea but just not in Britain - Freeking cold will kill-ya!

Seriously though - are there no laws that prohibit such an assimilation of "like-minded" people? We know that most governments will see that as some kind of plot or secret society etc.  Would be really cool if it could work. 

Most likely it would be labeled as a cult knowing prepper luck :D

And i can assure you britain is not on the list!

Somewhere warm, please. Preferably a tropical island with lots of fresh water and fertile soil.  

1 person likes this

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Somewhere warm, please. Preferably a tropical island with lots of fresh water and fertile soil.  

Now thats an idea.... Hmm Not sure how many people these islands can support though and internet might be an issue :D

Would love to hear more about your concept. I have these thoughts all the time and have been looking at a remote getaway for when/if the SHTF.

There's tons of vacant land in Florida! Especially the central part. Winters. Well there are no winters and like no one lives in the central part. Land is cheap there too! Abundant sunshine and rain year round. Summers suck. But there's always something wrong somewhere. No state income tax. And you can grow crops year round! And good gun laws.

Earthship... Look them up, they are perfect for off grid living. And can be cheap if you have a community to help build them.

27 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Would love to hear more about your concept. I have these thoughts all the time and have been looking at a remote getaway for when/if the SHTF.

Im still preparing a lot but i can say current plans would accommodate 12 log cabins, 4 people in each max.  In a circle formation with room for a small orchard in between in cabin consisting of 24 trees. With a Giant industrial greenhouse in the center that will allow you to grow all year round.

Costs do seem to be pretty low from my estimates (double prices for a dollar value.) , 120,000 for comfortable living, but it can be done for 60,000, The trees orchard planting is also pretty cheap but do not yield any benefits for some time. Central growing area would consist of a custom built industrial greenhouse costing about 80,000. With a growing area that will provide enough food for a family of 4 for each cabin for at least 9 months of the year. the last 3 months can be filled by some of the food and harvesting the tree fruit if mature. Supplementing with meat where possible for all year round supplies.

Water would need to be collected which is why the roofs of each cabin would slope on both sides and filter water into storage tanks for later use. If no rain is available then alternatives would need to be found as to not pay for it.

Once its up and running however, maintenance is and comforts are all that will cost anything and we should be producing enough to sell a little and keep ourselves up and running without any funding.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, PR said:

Earthship... Look them up, they are perfect for off grid living. And can be cheap if you have a community to help build them.

That is actually something i have been looking at. But im thinking if i got the money i might as well do it this way. The alternative is to use mud/tires and bottles to create warm homes in the ground, and on the ground itself. but location once again determines this :D

1 minute ago, Guitar Doc said:

Welcome to NZ. Population 4.4 million on a piece of land the same size as the UK. 1.4 million of those people live in one city, leaves a lot of room.

You are talking about my Farm I have planned UKshep. Self sufficiency as well as a money maker.

All you need is people with skills. I am still looking for a plumber to join the crew, but I have a Pdh Physicist, a Doctor, a Phd biologist, an engineer and fix it guy (me), an expert farmer (my wife), a butcher (former freezing worker with 10 years experience), a mechanic who specializes in large machinery and diggers, an electrician (he is on the possibles list not a firm candidate yet) my butcher was also a carpenter for many years, but unqualified, so I am looking for a qualified carpenter as well.

I am a trained survivalist. I trained for the end of the civilization in 2000 (which as we know didn't happen). I can make stuff from wrecks of other machinery, vehicles and equipment, even able to make a water wheel to make a lathe which makes precision equipment if required. I make Mad Max look like an amateur.

NZ has excess food. If you don't live in a city there are lots of places to live and keep living if the end comes. I know people who live off grid already and some have done so for 25 years. We speak English in NZ, a bonus for some. The UK dollar goes a long way over here.

I know how to make fuel, high grade Petrol made from Methane and H2O combined in a nickel catalyst at 500C, pure top grade fuel. I know how to make top grade moonshine as fuel and it is legal to make over here. I can make Diesel. I can make generators, a variety of them. Beer, wine, crops, fruit.

I can make a heated glass house with internal lights to make the plants think it is still summer hours.

You don't need ordinary people in your collective, you need skilled people. Tradespeople and people who can make stuff from recycled and wrecked vehicles and equipment. Unskilled people are a burden unless they are quick learners and hard workers.

NZ is an island nation. If you are near a cost you can also obtain fish. NZ is insignificant globally, other nations barely know we exist let alone our actual location, we get glossed over and forgotten regularly. It is a place to survive a global nuclear war. The police are not armed unless there is a call out involving firearms.

Food. Beer, Wine, Meat, Crops, Power, Fuel, Entertainment, Organic. Profit sharing. Nice housing.

Been a long time in the planning and I had to learn a lot more than I first thought. But I am not too far away now.

Maybe we shall be neighbors :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.