Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grav

Are you grounded? Or are you aloof from earth?

8 posts in this topic

Earthing, Time to Go Sole-less Again to Get Back Our Soul

“Mounting evidence suggests that the Earth’s negative potential can create a stable internal bioelectrical environment for the normal functioning of all body systems. Moreover, oscillations of the intensity of the Earth’s potential may be important for setting the biological clocks regulating diurnal body rhythms, such as cortisol secretion.

Throughout history, humans mostly walked barefoot or with footwear made of animal skins. They slept on the ground or on skins. Through direct contact or through perspiration-moistened animal skins used as footwear or sleeping mats, the ground’s abundant free electrons were able to enter the body, which is electrically conductive. Through this mechanism, every part of the body could equilibrate with the electrical potential of the Earth, thereby stabilizing the electrical environment of all organs, tissues, and cells.

Read more at

http://www.themoderngnostic.com/?p=76478

1 person likes this

Actually,

this really works. Take your shoes off and stand in the dew of tall grass. If the soil is dry, wet it down with a sprinkler or hose.

Back problems seem to melt away and a revitalization of body and spirit can be perceived.

I have personally vetted this behavior and love going barefoot.

Shoes are for sissys.

In the 21st century you can buy an earthing mat to ground yourself if you can't walk barefoot in the grass or have fear of bacteria.

I used to wear moccasins....the traditional Native style. Thanks for the reminder. If I can't find any to buy then I'll make them!

I will say that walking in grass barefoot is a wonderful thing. It really roots your spirit. That said. Last time i did it. I stood in dog shit! so its a dangerous thing lol.

3 hours ago, YourMom2 said:

In the 21st century you can buy an earthing mat to ground yourself if you can't walk barefoot in the grass or have fear of bacteria.

I used to wear moccasins....the traditional Native style. Thanks for the reminder. If I can't find any to buy then I'll make them!

Moccasins are my everyday shoes. I've been wearing them since I was a baby.
I've made a lot of them before but quality, affordable hides can sometimes be hard to find.
Unless you know someone who tans leather it's less expensive to buy them. Tandy Leather makes a kit.
They're easy to assemble, hold up pretty well and are very basic so you can embellish with old coins or beads or whatever. 

http://www.tandyleather.com/en/category/moccasin-kits

But... for the price, durability and style I haven't found anything that beats Minnetonka.  
I have one pair I bought eight years ago when they discontinued a style I liked and they're still kicking.
They run big (long, not wide) and they stretch out so I buy a full size smaller for the sole-less ones.
They feel tight at first but if you get them wet and wear them dry they form to your feet.
These are my current favorites. I wear them with just about everything.

https://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/women/styles/boots/two-button-softsole-boot/

2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Last time i did it. I stood in dog shit! so its a dangerous thing lol.

Ewww... Moccasins Shep, moccasins...
My son loves them. He even skates in them.
But I've caught his skating in flip flops too so... 
:unsure:

@Lucy Barnable

I just bought some soft soled mocs online but they aren't as cool as those boots you linked to. Might be too much leather for Texas but they're going on my wish list anyway cuz they are beautiful!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, YourMom2 said:

@Lucy Barnable

I just bought some soft soled mocs online but they aren't as cool as those boots you linked to. Might be too much leather for Texas but they're going on my wish list anyway cuz they are beautiful!

I have several pairs from short to tall but those I like the best.
I do wear the little slip on ones more in the summer but the booties work without socks too.

1 person likes this

I used to wear mocs, but they're hard to find now. I have to try shoes on before buying. 

When we have a dry spell, I put my feet on the bare earth and touch the leaves of a tree. I don't ask for rain. I ask the tree to call for it. And it does!

Lying on the ground is also a wonderful thing. It restores the back. You feel alive, when a little while ago, you hurt all over and grumbled about unimportant matters. 

I wish people would love the earth instead of their possessions.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.