Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigRed

The Healthiest Food Comes From Healthy Soil

15 posts in this topic

Dr. Maya Shetreat-Klein, a pediatric neurologist in New York and an instructor at New York Medical College, had a frightening experience that is becoming all too common among parents today. After her son turned 1 year old, he began experiencing wheezing, rashes and signs of delayed cognitive development.

After visiting multiple doctors she found an allergist who uncovered her son’s severe allergy to soy. Returning her son to health meant removing soy foods from their diet, so she eliminated processed foods and set out to reconnect with nature.1

The journey led her to write the book “The Dirt Cure: Growing Healthy Kids With Food Straight from Soil.” In it, she explores the intricate links between food and children’s health as well as why so many children are facing allergies.

Her research brought her back to healthy soil, and the dirt cure involves three strategies she believes may improve the health of today’s kids (and their parents):

http://right.is/conservative-opinion/2016/03/the-healthiest-food-comes-from-healthy-soil-4017.html

1 person likes this

True, but it is no accident. It is, in fact, Agenda 21. The PTBs get laws passed that put truck farmers out of business, forbid growing of heirloom vegetables and livestock, convince everyone to use antibacterial soap. It's also often illegal to grow tomatoes in front yards of many yuppie subdivisions. They want you on their grid, whole hog -- their electricity and their genetically-engineered factory food. In some places you can't even collect rain water.

It's sad but telling that a pediatric neurologist allowed her own child to be a victim of the system. I wonder if other pediatricians allow their children to eat crap food and get all the recommended vaccines. People think they can improve on nature. Nope, Nature always bats last. 

2 people like this

Total control is what they want, yes. But nature has a way of biting back, call it karma.

13 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Total control is what they want, yes. But nature has a way of biting back, call it karma.

The Illuminati do allow some growing of organic food. They want it for themselves. I bet their enclaves don't allow fracking or use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.

GM foods not served in Monsanto cafeteria

Monsanto confirms the authenticity of the notice, but company spokesman Tony Coombes says the only reason for the GM-free foods is because the company "believes in choice."

Yet Monsanto actively (and expensively) opposes every GM labeling law.

Posted (edited)

you can actually buy 'dirt' pills,

pills full of homeostatic soil organisms

because modern farming pretty much sterilizes the soil into an inert medium to contain the chemical cocktail used to sustain the plant

big yields + big product = big deal

do you want an ounce of gold or a pound of sawdust?

we are literally slaving for gruel

it is a simple process to repopulate your soil with healthy, beneficial micro-organisms

the plant actually will do the work for you, if you supply it with a little fuel

you can make the fuel yourself or buy it (pm me for a free pdf to make your own and a feeding schedule)

one of the keys is understanding the two zones of a plant:

rhizosphere - the area in and around the roots of the plant

phyllosphere - the area in and around the branches/trunk and leaves

most try to feed the plant through the rhizosphere, which is inefficient in dead soil (as witnessed by the vast quantities of fertilizers used),

the efficiency of the rhizosphere is in the uptake of water and with it dissolved minerals and nutrients in the presence of beneficial micro-organisms

why? because these organisms break down the large undissolved nutrients/fertilizers in a usable form readily up-taked by the plant

so the big question of how to get our micro-herd to populate the rhizosphere, is through the phyllosphere

it is called foliar feeding (feeding through foliage, ie leaves)

if you do your research you will find a plethora of nay-sayers telling you not to do it and it is a waste of time and resources,

but this can all be traced back to one lady, yes, really, one lady, and the rest parrot her (sometimes verbatim)

i have grown orchards of all manner of fruit trees and bushes for a decade without ever fertilizing the soil (except the initial soil which i made myself),

only utilizing the foliar spray i made myself from a plant i grew onsite

(and a thick layer of chunky bark mulch around the plant for little shots of goodness form the rain and melting snow-packs)

plus i have seen the original 1950's test using radioactive isotope sprayed on the leaves,

and subsequent tracking through the leaves, into the plants internal vascular system, and finally into the roots

foliar spraying results in about 80% uptake of nutrients,

while root feeding is about 10-20% (again look at the amounts used)

ok, if you are still with me,

how does the plants uptake of nutrients the the stomata on the underside of the leaves help populate the rhizosphere with micro-organisms?

the nutrients carried into the roots are utilized by the roots to feed the micro-organisms there (symbiotic relationship),

and just as importantly if there is some sugars available, the plant will send out fine hair-like roots great distances form the plant

these thin roots are not for feeding of for drinking, but they carry sugars and leave a trail of sugars back to the plant

the beneficial, oxygen-loving mico-organisms follow the trail into the main rhizosphere

once there they help break down the larger particles to be utilized by the plant and also protect the plant in the rhizosphere

any un-utilized nutrients and sugars from the foliar spray are used by the oxygen-loving micro-organism that inhabit the plant's phyllosphere,

again a symbiotic relationship of feeding and protecting

if you make your own foliar sprays and research on the net how-to's,

be wary of these important issues:

- anything left to ferment over 48 hours will turn anaerobic and the baddies will start to fight with your micro-herd and win the day fairly quickly

- if utilizing an aquarium pump to oxygenate your fuel brew, do not use molasses as your sugar (it will bubble into a horrible mess)

- keep any unused concentrate in sealed, opaque bottles in a cool dark locale

Edited by seeker
2 people like this

thanks BigRed, excellent topic

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, seeker said:

modern farming pretty much sterilizes the soil into an inert medium to contain the chemical cocktail used to sustain the plant

That brings it home rather clearly. Was it you mentioning mycorrhizae a few days ago? Haven't heard anyone but an ecologist talk about that.

Many years ago in China, if a farmer had a cut he would rub some soil on it and the cut would heal...imagine doing that today, one would surely fall ill!

7 hours ago, BigRed said:

Many years ago in China, if a farmer had a cut he would rub some soil on it and the cut would heal...imagine doing that today, one would surely fall ill!

You can plaster a cut with bentonite clay (volcanic dirt) and the clay will draw out any bacteria. It's also useful in the case of gangrene.

Posted (edited)

What an interesting thread

I've sprayed with compost tea before. Oxygenating is a problem. I stirred the horse manure mixture vigorously several times a day. Really inefficient, I know.

Seeker, do you use a special pump, or one for an aquarium?

I do use mycorrhiza to plant with, both granular and powder. Last week I used some to plant a spice bush.

I also added oak leaf duff near the roots. Red maple leaves are also supposed to contain beneficial microorganisms.

I never heard of putting dirt on injured skin. My mother used to tell us kids to let the dog lick our wounds, lol. I rammed a big splinter of wood under my nail a few weeks ago. When I held my sister's new puppy, it must've smelled the infection under the nail. She chewed on it and it actually felt good. It finally started healing the next day.

There is truly an interconnectedness of life. I'm mos' def not a new-ager, but I feel that earth is alive in a sense. Gaia. 

Edited by grav

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.