Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mongoose

Refresher Course On Online Shill Tactics

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think a refresher course in online shill tactics may be beneficial to those of us who are legitimately seeking understanding of topics.

There is always controlled opposition on every forum and internet venue seeking to direct the narrative for whatever reason the controllers deem important enough to expend resources on. Even the best of intentions by website administrators cannot stop this from happening.

The skilled disinfo agents become masters of using the rules of any given forum to their advantage in order to silence legitimate researchers and truthers.

They almost never work alone and usually have at least 2 accomplices in order to shout down the truth and give the appearance of a consensus when in reality they are just a tag team or often just one person with sock accounts. Sock accounts cannot be prevented by the admins due to the shills having government resources/technology at their disposal.

Shills also almost never concede any point unless they are forced to by a large enough pool of objectors to make them feel that they have to concede a point or issue in order to maintain credibility in the community.

I remember Guitar Doc put up a good thread or comments on this subject but I was unable to find it in a search. One point that he made very well was that they often attempt to get an emotional response when their other tactics are unsuccessful. I am sometimes susceptible to these kinds of attacks but I am working on that.

Here is some relevant information of the subject.

http://humansarefree.com/2016/02/the-trolls-guide-to-internet-disruption.html

“6. Coordinate with a couple of others to “shout down” reasonable comments. This is especially effective when the posters launch an avalanche of comments in quick succession … the original, reasonable comment gets lost or attacked so much that it is largely lost.”

This one is used very often and is almost impossible to combat except by repeating and reposting the relevant information over and over but most of us do not have the time for that. How can we keep up with people working shifts and getting a paycheck to do this? We just have to be able to identify it when it happens and see it for what it is.

http://ritholtz.com/2012/11/the-gentlemans-guide-to-forum-disruption/

“Technique #3 – ‘TOPIC DILUTION’

Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a ‘RESOURCE BURN.’ By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a ‘gossip mode.’ In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to ‘drive in the wedge.’ By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.”

This one is also very hard to combat but relatively easy to spot if you are paying attention.

There was a good compilation list I saw on another forum but have not been able to locate it as of  yet.

Edited by Mongoose
1 person likes this

:tomcruise:

Bump for the comedy routine

1 person likes this

Sometimes being a Shill can be just a mistake in research of a topic and then it could appear as opposition to someone's post . Just set them straight and don't let it mess your day up . Then there is the paid skilled disinfo agent as I see them are no more than a opinion thug with intent to twist a topic or subject . These people need to be exposed ! 

The info war has been a challenge in many ways for many years . It can't be and wont be stopped !  I think one has to be aware of them; but then we will have to continue dealing with this issue as long as we all can post a opinion and or topic to a web site . 

@Mongoose

Great post !

1 person likes this

In related news:

Internet trolls who set up fake online profiles to post damaging or embarrassing material could face criminal charges 

Internet trolls who set up fake profiles in the name of their victims to post damaging or embarrassing material can face criminal charges, new advice for prosecutors says.

Social media guidelines are being updated by the Crown Prosecution Service to cover cases where offenders create false online accounts and websites.

The CPS said: 'For example, it may be a criminal offence if a profile is created under the name of the victim with fake information uploaded which, if believed, could damage their reputation and humiliate them.

More:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3474041/Internet-trolls-face-criminal-charges-fake-online-profiles.html

46 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

You can post a link to everywhere but here, where you allegations took place. That was not an accident, it's purposeful. Be very careful what you are doing! 

Hate to have to crush your soul like this, but reading and posting on a forum will do nothing to save the world, and that's a fact whether it's a big conspiracy your talking about, or just trying to save your small town from the evils of Walmart.

We live in a world where force applied creates work.  You have to get out there and use your damn hands to make a difference. 

You want to "wake people up?"  That's nice, trust me, they don't care, they never will, and they will sell you for the proverbial 30 pieces of silver at the first opportunity.

You really want to make a difference?  What's your passion?  What do you love?  Do that, perfect your ability to do that, and make your life matter!

Plant trees, start a garden, run in your local elections, be the best worker at your job, go to flight school, become a cop, or whatever it is that you desire in this world.

At the end of the day, if you do not use your feet and hands and apply energy to create work then you have accomplished nothing.

So learn, exchange ideas on the internet, make jokes and troll or whatever, but remember that you must do something besides peck a keyboard if you expect to change the world.

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

I have yet to see a solid destroying of David Icke, the best people seem to have is him on the Wogan show.... like come on, he's said mountains of outrageous shit since then and that's what people still refer to on Icke?  I saw once that some connected guy with gov't threatened to sue Icke over misinformation and defaming of character in one of Icke's books, so Icke had to retract it or be sued.   It was about some high end guy being into molestation.   Out of ALL the shit Icke has said over decades, this is the best the opposition has to debunk him?  I know most of his out of the box stuff doesn't come with photographic evidence so it's left as theoretical opinions, but this was another weak debunking of Icke.

The rest of the shills here I am on board in agreement with.  If there is a good Icke debunking out there I'd like to see it.  I was a fan of Jones & Dice until I came into new information on them, I'm always open to changing my mind & opinions of someone but that requires making good points.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.