Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Nova Scotia Welcomes Trump Haters

33 posts in this topic

Nova Scotia is one of my favorite places on earth.   If you love fresh seafood, friendly people, inexpensive housing, natural beauty, music and a simpler lifestyle, Nova Scotia might be the place for you.

Nova Scotia isle lures those vowing to move to Canada if Trump elected

The prospect of a Donald Trump presidency has sparked a flood of interest in a Nova Scotia island where a local booster is beckoning American Trump haters to live if the Donald is elected.

Since "Cape Breton if Donald Trump Wins" went up on Feb. 16, the website has attracted 650,000 unique visitors and floods of emails asking for more information on job opportunities, how to apply for work visas and even the law about bringing a horse across the border.

The website's creator, Rob Calabrese, who hosts a local radio show, said he first thought of setting up the site years ago after seeing tweets by Americans who had threatened to move to Canada if Barack Obama was elected president. Now that many Americans — Democrats and Republicans — are decrying Trump's candidacy, he decided to launch it at his wife's urging.

“I showed it to a couple of people who had a chuckle," Calabrese told USA TODAY. "I wasn't going to do anything and then my wife said, 'Hey that Donald Trump website, you should launch that.'”

The site touts Cape Breton's beauty and other lifestyle attractions. Like the rest of Canada, however, its social policies may appeal more to Democrats than to Republicans who oppose Obamacare and gun control: Canada has socialized medicine and stringent gun control.

“I don't think Republicans fully understood what happens here,” he said. Even so, "we just thought, 'Hey, we have a severe population problem. Let's get out in front and say if you're going to move to Canada, look at this beautiful little option.'”

More:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/nova-scotia-isle-lures-those-vowing-to-move-to-canada-if-trump-elected/61274646

Cape Brenton if Donald Trump Wins web site

I am humbled.  I am just a regular guy who started this as a way to get people to see what we have here on Cape Breton Island, and I am so happy that so many of you have come to learn more.  But the truth is, we welcome all, no matter who you support, be it Democrat, Republican or Donald Trump.  I hope you will stay and learn more about our island, and this summer I hope to see you here in Cape Breton.

http://cbiftrumpwins.com/#intro

When Trump wins, he'll declare Nocva Scotia as a terrorist haven and annex all of Canada by the end of the term with the nod of the Crown, all while the Queen declairs how much she can't stand that rebel Trump. Old politics, new suits. o.o Maybe slightly exaggerated, but the idea is solid. 

Nova Scotia (a have not province, meaning supported by Western Canada) does not speak for all of Canada. But if you take N.S. you have to take Quebec and keep Justin Bieber.

We'll throw in RUSH as a bonus. You're welcome.

3 minutes ago, Brio said:

Nova Scotia (a have not province, meaning supported by Western Canada) does not speak for all of Canada. But if you take N.S. you have to take Quebec and keep Justin Bieber.

We'll throw in RUSH as a bonus. You're welcome.

Hell yes, Ill take Rush as a bonus! I LOVE the Maritimes!

Actually I have been looking at buying a cottage outside of Halifax. The problem is Nova Scotia will only let Americans who own property live in the province for 6 months unless you become a citizen and that is not so easy.  And if you ever want to sell your property, the taxes will kill you.

Look at all the cute amazing houses for sale..

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-house-for-sale/halifax/cottage/page-3/k0c35l80010

There are some really great places in your link. But you might check out Haida Gwaii in BC as well. Easily as beautiful and affordable.

34 minutes ago, Brio said:

There are some really great places in your link. But you might check out Haida Gwaii in BC as well. Easily as beautiful and affordable.

I love the Maritimes Brio! If I was going to move to Canada,  Nova Scotia is where my heart is. My daughter and I took a 10 day holiday to Halifax this past fall. I cried when I left because for the first time In my life I "found my people." Maritimers are simple, hard working, hard playing, honest folks. I love them because they don't give a crap about what anyone thinks. They are a hearty bunch of people who can see through a lie yet love a good story or song and will help a stranger in need.

My best friend of 25 years is Canadian. She used to live in Toronto where I have visited many times. She has since bought a home/cottage a couple hours north of the city on a river. I have not visited her new place yet. I will probably visit  in the spring. Ontario is nice but its not for me.

Actually,  I have been accused of being a Newfie. LOL..Yes, I have kissed a cod and drank Screech so I am an honorary Newfie ......and proud of it!!!!!

1 person likes this

come on...lift your glass and sing along. You know you want to!

on a serious note this is the same ol' knee jerk reaction people in the US talked about if gay marriage was to be allowed in the US. They were gonna move to Canada and thats all great cuz americans are generally good people but at the time they didn't realize that gay marriage was already here. Now to say you want to move here if trump is elected is like saying you want an uneducated penis with ears running your life. Justin Trudeau is prime minister here and he is useless, at least with trump you stand a chance. Trump has balls but it has not been medically determined as to what trudeau has, if anything. 

16 minutes ago, CGK said:

I love the Maritimes Brio! If I was going to move to Canada,  Nova Scotia is where my heart is.

That is amazing. You truly love the place. I haven't been but I have a great sister in law who has and I bet she'd be up for a roadie. She loves it like you do.

4 minutes ago, Justmyopinion said:

on a serious note this is the same ol' knee jerk reaction people in the US talked about if gay marriage was to be allowed in the US. They were gonna move to Canada and thats all great cuz americans are generally good people but at the time they didn't realize that gay marriage was already here. Now to say you want to move here if trump is elected is like saying you want an uneducated penis with ears running your life. Justin Trudeau is prime minister here and he is useless, at least with trump you stand a chance. Trump has balls but it has not been medically determined as to what trudeau has, if anything. 

LOL! Haven't seen much from Trudeau except he's keeping the back of the NWO.

5 minutes ago, Brio said:

LOL! Haven't seen much from Trudeau except he's keeping the back of the NWO.

So true but the less i see and hear of him the better. And if he is keeping the back of the NWO then that agenda is to flood the world with unwanted immigrants.

42 minutes ago, Justmyopinion said:

I was looking to move long before this presidential election. Im sorta mad that they are now promoting the maritimes as a place to get away to because that will drive the property prices up.

Well, only  Americans who are either retired or wealthy will move to NS because there is no work in the maritimes. 30% of native Nova Scotians have moved elsewhere because the fishing industry is dead and there is not a whole lot of industry in the province.

Trudeau is just a pretty face....nothing more. (Well, he can can probably skate and play hockey)  Americans who want to get a jump on high taxes and socialized medicine might as well move to Canada while the dollar is strong and they can buy a kick ass home with a ocean view for half of what a similar home would cost in the US.

Just wait, Trudeau will start talking soon about building a wall to keep the Americans out..LOL

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.