Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Don't click 'like' on Facebook again until you read this

27 posts in this topic

Interesting read - Check it out.

Don't click 'like' on Facebook again until you read this

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/02/27/dont-click-like-on-facebook-again-until-read-this.html?intcmp=features

-

Facebook has changed the way people do a lot of things online. For example, you probably notice yourself reflexively clicking “like” on anything your friends post on Facebook, even if it's just to acknowledge you saw it. Scammers are taking advantage of that reflex for a dangerous scam called "like-farming."

What is like-farming?

Like-farming is when scammers post an attention-grabbing story on Facebook for the express purpose of cultivating likes and shares. Based on the way Facebook works, the more likes and shares a post has, the more likely it is to show up in people's News Feeds.

Like farming works because the average Facebook user doesn't know any better. They think, "What does it hurt to simply like something?" But, it can hurt you personally, and others. These posts and pages are often used to spread malware, or as a phishing scam to collect your personal information. That information is then used for further scams and can be
sold on the black market. It's a way for scammers to work around Facebook's algorithm, and put malicious code in front of more people.

This gives the scammer more eyeballs for posts that send people to malicious downloads or trick them into providing information. The big question, of course, is why Facebook doesn't stop these posts before they get too big. And that's where the real scam comes in.

How the scam works

Scammers have found a simple way to fly under the radar during the early phases of their operation. The story they originally post to Facebook has nothing dangerous about it. It's just a regular story that anyone might post.

Only after the post gets a certain number of likes and shares does the scammer edit it and add something malicious. In fact, if you go back through your history of liked posts, you might find that some of them have changed to something you wouldn't have liked in a million years. By the way, if you’re not sure how to review your likes, click here for the step-by-step instructions.

So, what kinds of stories do scammers start with to trick people into liking and sharing?

-

Read the rest of the article in the link provided.

3 people like this

I don't have facebook. So Im going to click like on your post! LOL

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, CGK said:

I don't have facebook. So Im going to click like on your post! LOL

LOL - I forgot about Algorithms - I kept wondering why Good posts would disappear, and crap stories would come up after refreshing. 

Gimme back the old days when farming was about dirt and crops and not dirty deeds. I liked your post even though it was already liked by CGK cuz we're all so likable and like, I'm bored and had some likes left in my like account. Oh, and Zuckerbooger you can slither off into a black hole and we wouldn't miss your unlikable site.

1 person likes this

Who the Fuque is on Facebook anymore or ever?

That's for losers McFly!

Just now, YourMom2 said:

Gimme back the old days when farming was about dirt and crops and not dirty deeds. I liked your post even though it was already liked by CGK cuz we're all so likable and like, I'm bored and had some likes left in my like account. Oh, and Zuckerbooger you can slither off into a black hole and we wouldn't miss your unlikable site.

Gimme back the old days  :VzlHwzb: I have never had a FakeBook page . Ya bring back the dirt and crops .

Government is in my ass deep enough I wont give them a shovel to dig any deeper .

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, CSB said:

Gimme back the old days  :VzlHwzb: I have never had a FakeBook page . Ya bring back the dirt and crops .

Government is in my ass deep enough I wont give them a shovel to dig any deeper .

I know ! People are digging their own graves but they can't seem to quit. I keep telling my daughter to leave, just leave but nope, she's compelled to share her life and her kid's lives up on that nasty beast. FB is like identity theft waiting to happen at the drop of a hat or more likely a SWAT knock on the door at 3am. Oh, sorry, wrong house!

Facebook as a whole friggin sucks BUT

You do get to create Private Secret groups, use fake named accounts, ect - Can create research groups amongst friends. Or keep in touch with other friends, gaming friends comes to mind. But to do research, comment, share stuff, ect in said secret groups, it's fun.

SOCIAL media is a TOOL - Facebook is a TOOL - Use it or Lose it

Spread information, truth bomb! the sheeple it's fun.

I followed the instructions and deleted my history, and will continue to do so, at least I have the satisfaction of that. You can install a programme called 'ad blocker' which also allows you to turn off those annoying ads that keep popping up.

I never did fake book because Alex Jones warned everyone about it when it first came out and I was listening to him then. Even though most people don't like him anymore, (pardon the like pun thing!) I can credit him with saving me from that nightmare. 

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I never did fake book because Alex Jones warned everyone about it when it first came out and I was listening to him then. Even though most people don't like him anymore, (pardon the like pun thing!) I can credit him with saving me from that nightmare. 

You wanna know why GLP lags behind Militia, ect and certain information? Because they will not make friends with people, use Facebook.

The mind of a Martial Artist is to use everything you can grab in arms reach. Be creative use it. fight with it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.