Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Syria ceasefire takes effect, terrorist groups excluded

3 posts in this topic

The US-Russian truce deal on “cessation of hostilities” in Syria came into effect at midnight Damascus time. The ceasefire does not apply to Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL), Al-Nusra, or “other terrorist organizations” designated by the UN.

Earlier on Friday, the United Nations Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution urging all parties involved in Syrian civil war to adhere to the terms of the US-Russian deal.

READ MORE: UNSC adopts Syrian truce resolution, endorses ceasefire

The US-Russia brokered ceasefire was first announced on February 22 by Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Barack Obama.

Under the “Terms for a Cessation of Hostilities in Syria,”  the participants of the agreement are obligated to “cease attacks with any weapons, including rockets, mortars, and anti-tank guided missiles” and “refrain from acquiring or seeking to acquire territory from other parties to the ceasefire.” They must also allow “unhindered and sustained” access to humanitarian assistance missions and employ only “proportional force” in self-defense against those not party to the agreement.

The truce will be monitored by a task force co-chaired by Moscow and Washington. Russia and the US are to “work together to exchange pertinent information,” such as up-to-date maps indicating which sides have agreed to the ceasefire, and where they are located.

https://www.rt.com/news/333785-syria-ceasefire-takes-effect/

I know nothing about military tactics, but could it be that the situation was so dangerous regarding sparking off WW3 that everybody decided to take a breather?  I think it'll start up again and they won't stop until Damascus is laid to waste at some point in the future. 

Oh and look here. POUNDED BY BOMBS JUST BEFORE THE CEASEFIRE! These people are DEMONIC! Sounds a little bit like Dresden, Germany to me.  Maybe they really are psychic vampires and need blood sacrifices.  (Ever notice how the politicians always talk about "sacrifice" when it comes to dead and permanently disabled service men and women? Giving up a limb or 2 should be worth something to Baphomet.)  Whether it gives them power or they simply believe it does, doesn't matter, they have it.  So, it must work or their belief that it does, makes it work. I was just wondering how big the population of Earth would be if no war had ever been fought here.  It is one of the main forms of population reduction, that is why I believe they all work together on wars. The leaders are not fighting, they're deciding everyone else's fate when the odds of their getting a hangnail is severely limited and if they do, the taxpayers will pay to fix it! 

Syria Cease-Fire: Damascus and Aleppo Pounded by Bombs Hours Before Truce

BEIRUT — Warplanes unleashed airstrikes on the suburbs of the Syrian capital and near the rebel-held city of Aleppo on Friday, hours before a cease-fire brokered by the United States and Russia was to go into effect.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the warplanes in Friday's strikes were believed to be Russian. The Kremlin did not comment the latest developments but denied allegations that the Russian air force bombed civilian positions east of Damascus the previous day.

The bombings came as the main Syrian opposition and rebel umbrella group said some 97 factions had agreed to abide by the cease-fire. The High Negotiations Committee, or HNC, said a military committee has been formed to follow up on the cease-fire, which is scheduled to kick-in at midnight (5 p.m. ET Friday).

<snip>

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/syria-cease-fire-damascus-aleppo-pounded-bombs-hours-truce-n526586

21 minutes ago, Brio said:

Syria: UN Humanitarian Aid “Accidentally” Lands in ISIS-Controlled Territory in Deir Ezzor

What a mess that country is in. And yes Cinnamon,  I'm very afraid it's going to get much worse. :(

From the article:

The UN World Food Program (WFP) aids for the restricted Syrian civilians in Deir Ezzor city have landed mostly in ISIS controlled territories, a source in the city’s administration said Thursday.

Earlier on Thursday, the United Nations said that the WFP had dropped 21 tons of aid into the city on Wednesday.

“Planes dropped the humanitarian help sent by the United Nations into the territory controlled by Daesh. Just two containers ended up in the areas where the Syrian army [is located],” the source told RIA Novosti.

The contents of the containers that landed on the government-controlled territory has been badly damaged due to a parachute system failure, the source added.

<snip>

omg they can't do the most basic thing and that is drop something out of an airplane in the right spot. Or did they drop it in the right spot?  That is really suspect to me. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.