Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Scientists have discovered that you can eat as much chocolate as you want — here’s why

2 posts in this topic

I can't deal with too much doom today.... Let's read something fun! :)

Scientists have discovered that you can eat as much chocolate as you want — here’s why

http://brightside.me/creativity-cooking/scientists-have-discovered-that-you-can-eat-as-much-chocolate-as-you-want-heres-why-102955/

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-23960/science-says-eating-chocolate-could-improve-your-brain-function.html

-

According to a recent longitudinal study published in the journal Appetite, chocolate consumption is positively associated with cognitive brain function. That's right: chocolate might make you smarter.

For the study, 968 people aged between 23 and 98 were measured for dietary intake, cardiovascular risk factors, and cognitive function. They discovered that more frequent chocolate consumption was “significantly associated with better performance on [cognitive tests including] visual-spatial memory and [organization], working memory, scanning and tracking, abstract reasoning, and the mini-mental state examination," regardless of other dietary habits.

They also found that regular intake of cocoa flavonols could protect the brain against age-related cognitive decline, like dementia.

Cocoa flavanols can claim responsibility for our favorite sweet's positive effect on the brain. The researchers found that high levels flavanols are found in dark chocolate but less so in milk or white chocolate. They can also be found in abundance in red fruits, like grapes and berries.

-

I'm a Dark Chocolate Lover BTW - I even eat those 80 to 90 % bars. =)

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

I keep a bar of dark chocolate in my desk at work, when my energy flags I have some, it always perks me up. My fav is the ones with ginger.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.