Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Do You Know How McDonald’s Fries Are Made?

4 posts in this topic

Do You Know How McDonald’s Fries Are Made?

When I was growing up, the McDonald’s french fry was the holy grail of fast food items. I remember a specific day when I was a teen that my body could no longer tolerate eating them. And it’s no wonder! It turns out their french fries are junk!

French fries use Russet Burbank Potatoes, a potato that’s cheap to grow, but blemishes easily and gets Net Necrosis, a potato disease, relatively easily. So McDonald’s needs to spray it with a pesticide called methamidophos.

“That is toxic to the extent where Idaho farmers who cultivate these potatoes do not go on the fields for five days after the spraying.”

After harvesting, the potatoes aren’t even edible. They have to sit inside of a football stadium sized “atmospheric shed” for six weeks before they can be eaten.
Watch the video below for the full story:

Link this to your thread about reproductive organs not working....

Health Effects

Main Article: Cholinesterase Inhibitor
Methamidophos is highly toxic via all routes of exposure. It has been found to have negative effects on reproductive effects including one study found decreased sperm levels in men who were exposed to Tamaran in China (#EXTOXNET and #FAO). It is not thought to be carcinogenic.

http://www.toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Methamidophos

Just now, Walk Softly said:

Link this to your thread about reproductive organs not working....

Health Effects

Main Article: Cholinesterase Inhibitor
Methamidophos is highly toxic via all routes of exposure. It has been found to have negative effects on reproductive effects including one study found decreased sperm levels in men who were exposed to Tamaran in China (#EXTOXNET and #FAO). It is not thought to be carcinogenic.

http://www.toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Methamidophos

Man after reading your link I need to watch out for this in my pesticide . even if I wash everything before cooking it . It looks as if you just handle this stuff it can mess you up .

Thank for that bit of info !! I don't really need to be concerned about my reproductive system at 62 years old; but but . 

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, CSB said:

Man after reading your link I need to watch out for this in my pesticide . even if I wash everything before cooking it . It looks as if you just handle this stuff it can mess you up .

Thank for that bit of info !! I don't really need to be concerned about my reproductive system at 62 years old; but but . 

Hey you never can be too safe!  

Try these.  I have good luck in Texas.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/homemade-organic-pesticide-vegetables-45069.html

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.