Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Nestle sued for supporting child slavery

2 posts in this topic

Nestle sued for supporting child slavery in cacao harvesting operations... U.S. Supreme Court allows court case to proceed

Posted February 25, 2016

The nation's highest federal court in recent days threw out a request by chocolate giant Nestle SA, the world's largest food maker, and a pair of other companies to reject a lawsuit that seeks to hold all three companies liable for using child slaves to harvest cacao in the African nation of Ivory Coast.

In rejecting the bid, the U.S. Supreme Court let stand a December 2014 ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco that also refused to dismiss the suit against Nestle, Archer Daniels Midland Co. and Cargill Inc. that had been filed by former child slaves.

Read the whole post here : http://www.naturalnews.com/053100_Nestle_child_slavery_cacao_harvesting.html#

If I can't hire a young person to mow my lawn or help clean my house, yard or garage what makes these big American corps think they are exempted from the same laws ? Just because they use these young people in other countries ? This wont fly with me .

In the good ol days I started working young I was 8 years old and would gather eggs from the hen house and bring in the milk cows and prep them for milking . That was a family farm; I enjoyed that . At 14 I worked in a bakery in the off school months I made 75 cents per hour and was free to work or not . But these people that force young people to work in slave corporations need to be put in there place ! I hope Nestle gets their a$$e$ sued off . O ya and Nestle wants to own all water rights .

Yup, Nestle owns a lot of brands like Purina so they get my boycott as well. If you have an Aldi store in your town, chocolate imported from Germany is about 2 bucks and is UTZ certified cocoa. One can only hope the certification isn't a scam much like the organic label in the US has been used as a cover by unscrupulous corporations.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.