Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

The Dark Truth Behind the Westminster Dog Show

3 posts in this topic

The Dark Truth Behind the Westminster Dog Show

The American Kennel Club has aligned itself with cruel puppy mills and opposes laws that protect dogs.

Every year, breeders and trainers gather in New York for the Westminster Dog Show to celebrate the beauty and grace of purebred dogs. It's a delightful event for any dog lover. But investigations have repeatedly shown that one of the major players at Westminster is not what the public imagines it to be.

Dogs competing for Best in Show at Westminster are registered with the American Kennel Club, which holds itself out as “the dog’s champion.” But in fact, the AKC regularly fights laws designed to stop puppy mills. And in recent months, two former AKC "Breeders of Merit"—who had just passed their AKC inspections—were reportedly found to be keeping dogs in dismal conditions.

Read the whole post here : http://www.alternet.org/environment/worst-show-dark-truth-behind-westminster-dog-show

The wheels of evil are for ever a escalation of a lack of respect for life as a whole .

1 person likes this

A pure bred dog is a joke anyway!!a dog is just a dossil wolf how we want them to look.with squashed faces and ish.they cant smell shit cant breath right.we breed large dogs that die at young ages.a muts the way to go.but i jave pure bred dogs so im guilty also

Damn. I love the AKC show.  It never occurred to me that they would be part of the problem. When my rescue group takes our mutts to adoption days, usually at PetSmart and Tractor Supply, dog owners smile at us and head straight for the little designer dogs. Everyone wants a dog that looks like a stuffed toy. They favor Maltese, mini-poodles, and other lap dogs. My smallest mutt is 40 lbs. 

The dog in my avatar, the one in the foreground showed up in our shop last year. I think she was a purebred mini-boxer. We fattened her up, had her spayed, were building ANOTHER big fence to protect her and the others from our crazy neighbors and hunters. Somehow she got off the property long enough to get hold of rat poison or something. She vomited blood and died. 

You have no idea what we animal rescuers see, what we deal with. The SPCA is always sending me pleas to support their charity. Hey, you charities, I'm already spending my own money on these chow hounds. I could request reimbursement from my group, but we need that money to pay for spay/neuter, vet bills, other expenses. Go to your local city pound to see hundreds of castaway mutts and purebreds that #*#* people got tired of. Animals can't help the way they act.

Human beings have no excuse for being a-holes.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.