Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Watchdog Finds Billions in Possible Fraudulent Obamacare Payments

5 posts in this topic

The federal government has failed to properly monitor enrollee eligibility for Obamacare, according to a report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO). As a result, the government has made billions of dollars in Obamacare subsidy payments to individuals that may have been committing fraud.

“When the government wastes money, it is wasting OUR money. It is cutting OUR pay. It is damaging OUR lives,” said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform.  “And the Obama administration is treating us with contempt.”

As the report notes, the system used by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) relies on data sent by three government agencies – the IRS, SSA, and DHS – to check eligibility for Obamacare. However, the system used by CMS is unable to verify many inconsistencies in the data.

This inability to properly verify enrollment has meant billions of dollars have been sent out to enrollees without verifying whether the applicants were fraudulent. As the report notes:

“According to GAO analysis of CMS data, about 431,000 applications from the 2014 enrollment period, with about $1.7 billion in associated subsidies for 2014, still had unresolved inconsistencies as of April 2015—several months after close of the coverage year.”

While CMS has information that could shed light on fraud, it has not developed any procedure to utilize it. As the report notes:

“CMS foregoes information that could suggest potential program issues or potential vulnerabilities to fraud, as well as information that might be useful for enhancing program management.”

<snip>

https://www.atr.org/watchdog-finds-billions-possible-fraudulent-obamacare-payments

f*** Obamacare! Get rid of this nightmare and all the free trade agreements.

1 person likes this

Everyone just needs to stop paying their taxes.barter for shit.and keep on living

2 people like this

1 minute ago, yaknow said:

Everyone just needs to stop paying their taxes.barter for shit.and keep on living

I see 1776 signs all around, if you play close enough attention, you can see them too.

:poopywb4:

54 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

I see 1776 signs all around, if you play close enough attention, you can see them too.

:poopywb4:

Yeah we need to get the 2000s babies to look up away from the iphone and we would already be winning!!!

The IRS doesn't believe I exist and I'm good with that.

Obamacare was a complete mess right from the start.
The website in my state didn't work so they were signing up people by hand.
Problem is, the only people they managed to sign up turned out to be illegals.
They said they'd try to find them and resolve it but I never heard any more on it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.