Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Huge Fireball Explodes Over Atlantic Ocean, Largest Since Event Over Russia

5 posts in this topic

Here you go!

All these things. Makes it look like planet x is indeed coming closer! im undecided but i will say that theory is gaining A LOT of new possible evidence for this.

1 person likes this

I saw this story a few days ago. Here is the story for those who dont watch videos.

Feb. 20 2016 9:30 AM

Largest Fireball Since Chelyabinsk Falls Over the Atlantic

By Phil Plait

On Feb. 6, at about 14:00 UTC, a tiny chunk of interplanetary material plunged into Earth’s atmosphere and burned up—likely exploding—about 30 kilometers above the Atlantic Ocean. The energy released was equivalent to the detonation of 13,000 tons of TNT, making this the largest such event since the (much larger) Chelyabinsk blast in February 2013.

OK, so first, off: Don’t panic! As impacts go, this was pretty small.* After all, you didn’t even hear about until weeks after it occurred. Events this size aren’t too big a concern. Had it happened over a populated area it, would’ve rattled some windows and probably terrified a lot of people, but I don’t think it would’ve done any real damage.

For comparison, the Chelyabinsk explosion, which was strong enough to shatter windows and injure more than 1,000 people (due to flying glass), had an equivalent yield of 500,000 tons of TNT, 40 times the energy of this more recent impact.

The event was reported on the NASA/JPL Near-Earth Object Fireball page, which lists some of the brightest such things.

<snip>

Impacts like this happen several times per year on average, with most going unseen. The Earth is mostly water, and even where there’s land, it’s sparsely populated overall. Chelyabinsk was both relatively energetic and happened over a populated area (the city of Chelyabinsk has more than 1 million people). Still, I would assume the military sees most if not all events this size but chooses not to report them for their own reasons. I understand the desire for them to keep their technology and capabilities secret. It would be nice scientifically to have this data available, but then again they don’t have to release any of it at all, so even having this much is better than nothing. And it’s useful.

And as usual, all of this underscores the need to be on the lookout. A rock this small is almost impossible to see more than a few hours before impact, but the flip side is that it’s also really unlikely to do any damage. But once they get into the 20–50 meter range that changes; explosions from impacts like that rival nuclear bombs. Happily, they’re very rare—here we’re talking fewer than once per century, statistically speaking—but it would be nice if we knew they were coming. It’s hard to say just what we would do if we saw one, but right now we don’t even have that option.

More:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy.html

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Here you go!

All these things. Makes it look like planet x is indeed coming closer! im undecided but i will say that theory is gaining A LOT of new possible evidence for this.

I am still not on the planet X bandwagon. Nothing I have seen points to there being one on its way in.

I do, however, like to watch the following video as a reminder of the shooting gallery we live in:
(the red ones all cross the Earth's path meaning a potential for an eventual collision)

I'm with ya on this sheppie

large body inbound and it is affecting our poles and weather

here is a link I watched yesterday 

enjoy 

watch to the end of the vid

it starts with the 2012 shit

http://youtu.be/aB2TybQ1EHw

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, RabidWolf said:

I am still not on the planet X bandwagon. Nothing I have seen points to there being one on its way in.

Ohh we'll def make you one of us....... lol

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.