Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Johnson & Johnson loses lawsuit linking its baby powder to ovarian cancer

15 posts in this topic

@ The Gals - They just keep coming at you from every angle don't they? :angry: - Not only them but you too Guys.........

What are yall's thoughts?

Johnson & Johnson loses lawsuit linking its baby powder to ovarian cancer

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-86004069/

-

By Associated Press

February 24, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

A Missouri jury has awarded $72 million to the family of an Alabama woman who died from ovarian cancer, which she said was caused by using Johnson & Johnson's well-known baby powder and other products containing talcum.

The civil suit by Jackie Fox of Birmingham was part of a broader claim in the city of St. Louis Circuit Court involving nearly 60 people. Her son took over as plaintiff following his mother's October death at 62, more than two years after her diagnosis.

Marvin Salter of Jacksonville, Fla., said his late mother, who was a foster parent, used the talcum powder as a bathroom staple for decades.

"It just became second nature, like brushing your teeth," he said. "It's a household name. "

A Fox attorney said the jury verdict, which came Monday night after nearly five hours of deliberations at the conclusion of a three-week trial, was the first such case among more than 1,000 nationally to result in a jury's monetary award.

I bet Johnson & Johnson didn't see this one coming ! Now if I could only sue the makers of fluoride over my bad teeth and brittle bones I would have it made . 

Anyone know a good lawyer ? 

9 minutes ago, CSB said:

I bet Johnson & Johnson didn't see this one coming ! Now if I could only sue the makers of fluoride over my bad teeth and brittle bones I would have it made . 

Anyone know a good lawyer ? 

technically you could sue the water company :D has anyone even tried it? if not someone should. we can all cash in!

Just now, Ukshep said:

technically you could sue the water company :D has anyone even tried it? if not someone should. we can all cash in!

Yes it has been tried many times but has never worked that I know of . They are like big pharma and Monsanto . I could write a law suit and or hire a lawyer but I would need divine intervention to win . Here in Iowa I was looking at some of these cases at one time only one case was won that I found and that was when a water leak sank a guy's front yard 10 feet and his 5 year old son drown in the now pool of water .

1 minute ago, CSB said:

Yes it has been tried many times but has never worked that I know of . They are like big pharma and Monsanto . I could write a law suit and or hire a lawyer but I would need divine intervention to win . Here in Iowa I was looking at some of these cases at one time only one case was won that I found and that was when a water leak sank a guy's front yard 10 feet and his 5 year old son drown in the now pool of water .

Strange that no one has won. I mean its pretty much known that flouride is bad for you. Its a poison. This cannot be refuted in court. I guess someone with lots of money needs to set a precedent for the rest of us.

Just now, Ukshep said:

Strange that no one has won. I mean its pretty much known that flouride is bad for you. Its a poison. This cannot be refuted in court. I guess someone with lots of money needs to set a precedent for the rest of us.

The city that I live in has had fluoride in its water for years . Many people have tried to have it removed . I have talked to some that have tried and they all tell me that the water company is a privet owned corp with big connections in government . It is said that the city would remove it if they could but not with out getting threats from the Federal government that would remove a lot of their Federal funding . 

That is the problem many cities are under threat and could not survive with out the help from Federal funding .  But then as I see it city governments are made of people and most of them don't understand budgeting . 

1 person likes this

Almost all lotions, cosmetics and sunblocks contain toxic chemicals.
Some even add chemicals that make them absorb into the blood faster.
Here's a cool site. You can type a product in and it tells you how toxic it is.

Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep

It's our mission at Environmental Working Group to use the power of information to protect human health and the environment. EWG's Skin Deep database gives you practical solutions to protect yourself and your family from everyday exposures to chemicals. We launched Skin Deep in 2004 to create online profiles for cosmetics and personal care products and their potential hazards and health concerns. Our aim is to fill in where industry and government leave off. Companies are allowed to use almost any ingredient they wish. The U.S. government doesn't review the safety of products before they're sold. Our staff scientists compare the ingredients on personal care product labels and websites to information in nearly 60 toxicity and regulatory databases. Now in its eighth year, EWG's Skin Deep database provides you with easy-to-navigate ratings for a wide range of products and ingredients on the market.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/site/about.php

2 people like this

Lucy cool site I just added it to my tool file

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

Almost all lotions, cosmetics and sunblocks contain toxic chemicals.
Some even add chemicals that make them absorb into the blood faster.
Here's a cool site. You can type a product in and it tells you how toxic it is.

Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep

It's our mission at Environmental Working Group to use the power of information to protect human health and the environment. EWG's Skin Deep database gives you practical solutions to protect yourself and your family from everyday exposures to chemicals. We launched Skin Deep in 2004 to create online profiles for cosmetics and personal care products and their potential hazards and health concerns. Our aim is to fill in where industry and government leave off. Companies are allowed to use almost any ingredient they wish. The U.S. government doesn't review the safety of products before they're sold. Our staff scientists compare the ingredients on personal care product labels and websites to information in nearly 60 toxicity and regulatory databases. Now in its eighth year, EWG's Skin Deep database provides you with easy-to-navigate ratings for a wide range of products and ingredients on the market.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/site/about.php

1 minute ago, CSB said:

Lucy cool site I just added it to my tool file

It is. I'm really careful now.
I only use baby shampoo (never Johnson & Johnson), Dr. Bronner's soap, coconut or olive oil for lotion and hair conditioner and I make my own make-up with bentonite clay.

It is. I'm really careful now.
I only use baby shampoo (never Johnson & Johnson), Dr. Bronner's soap, coconut or olive oil for lotion and hair conditioner and I make my own make-up with bentonite clay.

We have a lot in common . Dr. Bronner's soap ! coconut or olive oil for lotion and hair conditioner ! and you are a vegan Woot Woot !:bananalove: Are you single ?  Between the two of us we could live forever !

14 minutes ago, CSB said:

We have a lot in common . Dr. Bronner's soap ! coconut or olive oil for lotion and hair conditioner ! and you are a vegan Woot Woot !:bananalove: Are you single ?  Between the two of us we could live forever !

We do have a lot in common. I noticed that too. But I'm not single or vegan, I'm vegetarian. 
If it weren't for cheese I could easily be vegan though. When SHTF I want you on team!

We're gonna live forever.
>insert Kristin Hersh song Shake<

:bananalove:

Edited by Lucy Barnable

We do have a lot in common. I noticed that too. But I'm not single or vegan, I'm vegetarian. 
If it weren't for cheese I could easily be vegan though. When SHTF I want you on team!

We're gonna live forever.
>insert Kristin Hersh song Shake<

:bananalove:

I got to admit I like cheese too but only organic from imports .  I will pass from this life single because most ladies think I am nuts for not inviting them out to McDonalds . We have a small vegetarian restaurant here down town it has some great foods and is always mostly a full house .

The song is cute !

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.