Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Can someone explain to me how a homeless man can be better off than me?

8 posts in this topic

I'll start this with what happened. I did the banking today as i do on Wednesday. And i went to give money to the homeless guy by the bank. When i offered him £10 he said...." i don't need it. But thankyou " i insisted i said im sure you could do with it. He assured me he did not need it. I threw it at him :D he then gave followed me and gave me it back. we had a conversation. And it turns out he has over £3,000 on him. Like wtf and he had an ipad. I did ask him how he made it? even asked if he was given it. and all he would say it he was very happy with his life right now.

I am absolutely dumbfounded to be honest! whats even worse is. We went to the cafe for a longer chat and he refused to allow me to pay for my coffee and breakfast. Im just lost and a little amazed to be honest!

Don't get me wrong. I am very grateful for his purchase of my breakfast. But how can a homeless man with no job get £3,000 and afford to buy others things?

am i missing something here? I am actually starting to think he stole it or something. Or that someone just gave him that much money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ukshep said:

I'll start this with what happened. I did the banking today as i do on Wednesday. And i went to give money to the homeless guy by the bank. When i offered him £10 he said...." i don't need it. But thankyou " i insisted i said im sure you could do with it. He assured me he did not need it. I threw it at him :D he then gave followed me and gave me it back. we had a conversation. And it turns out he has over £3,000 on him. Like wtf and he had an ipad. I did ask him how he made it? even asked if he was given it. and all he would say it he was very happy with his life right now.

I am absolutely dumbfounded to be honest! whats even worse is. We went to the cafe for a longer chat and he refused to allow me to pay for my coffee and breakfast. Im just lost and a little amazed to be honest!

Don't get me wrong. I am very grateful for his purchase of my breakfast. But how can a homeless man with no job get £3,000 and afford to buy others things?

am i missing something here? I am actually starting to think he stole it or something. Or that someone just gave him that much money?

For some it is about freedom my friend . It is said that one will never know true freedom until one loses everything . This is true !

Those that have conveniences, homes, cars, food and money over the homeless are slaves to what has mastered them .

Oh wait ! Some bums / hobos just look that way . Most of the time vary few will ever give a bum anything not even a hard time or try to rob him or her . I have known a few like this guy you are talking about . Their bum attire raggy clothing, holes in their shoes serves as camouflage of their wealth . And then there are the fake bums that will use their raggy clothing, holes in their shoes to attract the attention of those with a good hart .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CSB said:

For some it is about freedom my friend . It is said that one will never know true freedom until one loses everything . This is true !

Those that have conveniences, homes, cars, food and money over the homeless are slaves to what has mastered them .

Oh wait ! Some bums / hobos just look that way . Most of the time vary few will ever give a bum anything not even a hard time or try to rob him or her . I have known a few like this guy you are talking about . Their bum attire raggy clothing, holes in their shoes serves as camouflage of their wealth . And then there are the fake bums that will use their raggy clothing, holes in their shoes to attract the attention of those with a good hart .   

Yeh i've witnessed both before. But i just found it very strange. I imagine if he was a rich guy pretending to be homeless he would have tried something? maybe im wrong! he was a great guy though. Going to meet him next week for breakfast again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ukshep said:

Yeh i've witnessed both before. But i just found it very strange. I imagine if he was a rich guy pretending to be homeless he would have tried something? maybe im wrong! he was a great guy though. Going to meet him next week for breakfast again :)

Around every corner there is a new adventure ! But take caution . They may need body parts . Zombies are getting to be clever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CSB said:

Around every corner there is a new adventure ! But take caution . They may need body parts . Zombies are getting to be clever

they aint gettin me organs brah! :chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'll start this with what happened. I did the banking today as i do on Wednesday. And i went to give money to the homeless guy by the bank. When i offered him £10 he said...." i don't need it. But thankyou " i insisted i said im sure you could do with it. He assured me he did not need it. I threw it at him :D he then gave followed me and gave me it back. we had a conversation. And it turns out he has over £3,000 on him. Like wtf and he had an ipad. I did ask him how he made it? even asked if he was given it. and all he would say it he was very happy with his life right now.

I am absolutely dumbfounded to be honest! whats even worse is. We went to the cafe for a longer chat and he refused to allow me to pay for my coffee and breakfast. Im just lost and a little amazed to be honest!

Don't get me wrong. I am very grateful for his purchase of my breakfast. But how can a homeless man with no job get £3,000 and afford to buy others things?

am i missing something here? I am actually starting to think he stole it or something. Or that someone just gave him that much money?

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not all homeless people are poor persay. Some homeless people are just "homeless!" I guarantee there are a good percentage of homeless folks that are big on CTs/Truth. Some people just wanted to exit the system I suppose.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew a homeless fellow who exited the system, lived in his van in winter and flipped sailboats in summer. Oregon,so not brutal winters. He spent his days going to yard sales and buying pedal bikes for cheap and selling them on Craigslist for 10x what he paid. I imagine $3,000 cash wasn't unusual for him to pack around, no bank account and all deals in cash. And no he wouldn't take money for charity.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.