Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Should parents be allowed the name their kids whatever they want?

Should parents be allowed the name their kids whatever they want?   3 members have voted

1. 1. Should parents be allowed the name their kids whatever they want?

• pro (for)
    • con (against)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

just as the title suggests...Should parents be allowed the name their kids whatever they want?

ie: [Only the most outrageous ones should be banned.

I understand why more outrageous names like Adolf Hitler or Facebook should be banned, but I don't see why Apple or North are problematic (I have known quite a few Apples in my life). Maybe their parents got their name from a divination and believe the name will bring their kids luck. In Chinese (and I'm sure we're not unique in that), there isn't a set 'list' of names from which to choose; names are chosen by their parents and they are very meaningful. They often symbolise the parents' wishes for their kids. Kids should be taught to respect each others' names instead.]

I think Mothers should have ultimate naming rights. After all she carried the little bugger in her body for 9 months.

If a child doesn't like their name when they reach the age of 18 they can legally change it through the courts.

1 person likes this

I think Mothers should have ultimate naming rights. After all she carried the little bugger in her body for 9 months.

If a child doesn't like their name when they reach the age of 18 they can legally change it through the courts.

Totally agree. 9_9

just as the title suggests...Should parents be allowed the name their kids whatever they want?

I understand why more outrageous names like Adolf Hitler or Facebook should be banned, but I don't see why Apple or North are problematic (I have known quite a few Apples in my life). Maybe their parents got their name from a divination and believe the name will bring their kids luck. In Chinese (and I'm sure we're not unique in that), there isn't a set 'list' of names from which to choose; names are chosen by their parents and they are very meaningful. They often symbolise the parents' wishes for their kids. Kids should be taught to respect each others' names instead.]

​People that worry what parents name their children have some mental issues of their own they should be taking care of.

​Hell Facebook as a institution should be banned because as the owner once said about the users of his platform. Bunch of dumb fucks

That would just be opening the door to more blatant control.  I don't particularly care if someone is stupid enough to name their kid "Aquanetta".  Yes, I used to work with someone called that.  Her mom obviously was an 80's girl. :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.