Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Living In Fear

8 posts in this topic

Since 2007 Ive been prepping for the doom de-jour. 9 years of my life have been spent getting ready for something. I have food, water purification systems, generators, fuel, guns, ammo, medical supplies, hazmat suits, gold, silver, ham radios, CB radios, walkie talkies, seeds, Faraday cages, hand tools, bla bla bla.... Yet nothing has happened to cause me to use those preps.

I started this prepping adventure when I was in my early 50's. Now I'm in my 60's with a house full of crap and I'm still waiting for the day when all my preps will be needed.  The truth be known, I will probably drop dead working in my garden long before someone shows up at my door to take me off to a FEMA camp. I feel as if I have been playing chess with a ghost.

My point is, do NOT live your life in fear...just live your life and enjoy every minute.

Have enough supplies on hand to make it through a month and then fly by the seat of your pants. Stock up on the knowledge you need to survive and say to hell with the rest.

Take it from a person who has wasted nearly 10 years of their life waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Live, love laugh....Enjoy every moment. You cant prepare for everything in life and if you try, you will waste many valuable years living in fear of the boogie man.

:2sMZZFw:

2 people like this

Don't wait for the day your preps will be needed, just be glad it doesn't happen. And be glad if it does. :2sMZZFw:

51 minutes ago, Brio said:

Don't wait for the day your preps will be needed, just be glad it doesn't happen. And be glad if it does. :2sMZZFw:

Brio, I have read so many threads about get ready for this and get ready for that and be afraid if you are not ready for anything and everything.

The point I was trying to make to all the kids who are feeling stressed because they might be living day to day and not prepping for anything is..Ive spent nearly 10 years of my life getting ready for something that has never happened yet.

In hindsight I probably should only have a bugout bag, a pair of hiking shoes, a survival book, and called it a day.

There is nothing wrong with being prepared but I want to emphasize to the younger people that they should not waste a lot of time and money preparing for the unknown.

If the shit really hits the fan, it will be nearly impossible for me to  defend a house full of preps that I have spent 9 years collecting. I suppose I could stand on the roof and shoot anyone who comes near my home but eventually I will run out of ammo...and then what?

Don't waste valuable years of your life preparing for what might happen...Just live and deal with it when it comes.

We are all going to die some day. I wish I had the 10 years back that I have wasted prepping for disaster. With the amount of money I have spent, I could have traveled around the world and went to my grave saying...that was one hell of a ride.

Instead I'm probably going to say...I hope my kids enjoy a mountain of dehydrated foods an a generator.

:rofl:

19 hours ago, CGK said:

Instead I'm probably going to say...I hope my kids enjoy a mountain of dehydrated foods an a generator.

LOL! You could always sell all your preps at the farmer's market and get something back. I understand your dismay though. I approached prepping a little differently. I don't have mountains of food or a generator. I did buy a decent size piece of land with very good soil, wood heat and an artesian well. All I really hoard is toilet paper and wine, I don't know why but there it is. I'd love to have a mountain of food, but I'd probably be asking myself "WHY??" like you are.

16 hours ago, Brio said:

LOL! You could always sell all your preps at the farmer's market and get something back. I understand your dismay though. I approached prepping a little differently. I don't have mountains of food or a generator. I did buy a decent size piece of land with very good soil, wood heat and an artesian well. All I really hoard is toilet paper and wine, I don't know why but there it is. I'd love to have a mountain of food, but I'd probably be asking myself "WHY??" like you are.

Toilet paper and wine?  Those are the most important preps of all. Unfortunately they are the 2 items that I cant seem to keep in stock no matter how much of it I buy.

You know all the talk about the military and Walmarts? I think I know what going on with those places. I asked a 30 something young man if he had done any prepping to prepare for what may come our way. He replied, "I don't need any preps because I have a plan. I have enough guys to take and hold a Walmart. Everything we need is in there." I told him I think the military has the same idea. He replied, "Well, its going to be one hell of a battle but Im sure we can take them!"

:lol_alpha:

5 hours ago, CGK said:

Toilet paper and wine?  Those are the most important preps of all. Unfortunately they are the 2 items that I cant seem to keep in stock no matter how much of it I buy.

You know all the talk about the military and Walmarts? I think I know what going on with those places. I asked a 30 something young man if he had done any prepping to prepare for what may come our way. He replied, "I don't need any preps because I have a plan. I have enough guys to take and hold a Walmart. Everything we need is in there." I told him I think the military has the same idea. He replied, "Well, its going to be one hell of a battle but Im sure we can take them!"

:lol_alpha:

Oh my God :lol_alpha: maybe they can for a little while if they get there first, but they better have a plan to get out.  Actually, the better plan would be to show up first with your posse, take what you want a leave before the military gets there.

I don't see having stock on hand as survival but more of a living off the grid lifestyle. It does take up space but it sure is convenient when you need something. My grandparents had a full larder, lived off the land and had a shed full of spare parts but thought themselves thrifty rather than fearful.

I didn't buy into the Mountain House freeze dried military rations survival food, though. I found it more cost efficient to buy stuff I normally eat and just rotate. Also, I shopped garage sales so if I wanted to liquidate I'd at least break even or make a small profit. Commodities are my hedge against inflation which is being kept hidden with the cooked books.

Pay attention to the current currency wars and you won't feel any remorse for your decision to hedge your bets.

I don't think i have ever lived in fear! as a young kid i always stuck my finger in shit i should not have. Always was inquisitive. Became mildy hesitant through puberty while i watched the process of human behaviors which allowed me to know that i am my own master. And the conclusion of that i will present to you in the form of a phrase.

Fear is real! It is a powerful emotion one will feel when your subconscious fears for its own safety! Its a normal, healthy response. NOW! what a lot of people feel is not fear. But is something else masquerading under the guise of fear and that thing is False Evidence Appearing Real!

"F.E.A.R. is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real. There's no true threat of immediate physical danger, no threat of a loss of someone or something dear to us, actually nothing there at all. F.E.A.R. is an illusion. Something we fabricate in our own minds and pretend is real."

^^ Now the above is caused by tv mostly, they use it to push the correct fear nodes and get you to buy buy buy! one could say that the whole conspiracy market is one big ball game used to generate fear through doom and thus to create revenue for those who might sell survival gear! But it is not just limited to that! Do you need a loan? life insurance? because you don't want to leave your family with money troubles? see how they subtly touch those buttons now?

Hmm i need to do a thread on this but im not in the right mood for that right now!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.