Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grav

You posters who don`t believe in flat earth, pay attention, please

15 posts in this topic

GLP (Godlike Productions), the biggest, baddest forum on fhe innerwebz, is shutting down flat earth threads.

On first blush, you may think that's a good idea, that FE is stupid, illogical, trivial, not worth of serious consideration.

So why all the fuss? Shutting down free speech, about a science topic for Pete's sake, is a canary in the coal mine.

It's too dangerous for tptb to allow. If this doesn't send shivers up your ct spine, then I don't know what will. Lunatic Outpost has shut down numerous FE threads, including my Show Me One (1) Photograoh of Earth from Space. It was innocuous, with very little drama in its last few days, just videos and discussion.

A GLP mod named Astro is no doubt responsible. Ahanata, a member here, shut down my LOP thread. No reason given.

So, you may ask? There are more important topics. Not in my humble opinion. Trump, ISIS, refugihadists is Europe, the crashing economy, ALL other ct topics are distractions, y'all. False flags, just like 911, Sandy Hook, Paris killings, Ferguson, etc.

Those of you who are the fence or believe in the official model of earth as a globe, your comments?

I think ct is up Shit Creek. 

Edited by grav
4 people like this

Grav, you guys do a lot of research and come with some compelling arguments.  But the reason may be the many new threads on the same topic, not just here but on other sites too.  The passion may not be shared by all thus mods will start clamping down on the proliferation of new threads, I don't know, it's just a thought.

Personally, I cannot see any reason for threads being closed or deleted - what I will understand is a consolidation under one heading.  I run a different type of forum and there we have given certain members a little sub-forum where they can discuss their "project" - Maybe you guys can motivate such with @Ukshep and if he likes the idea you may just have your own little heaven and then all FE threads can be moved and can reside there - I do not know what his business model is thus you'd have to ask / motivate.

40 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

Grav, you guys do a lot of research and come with some compelling arguments.  But the reason may be the many new threads on the same topic, not just here but on other sites too.  The passion may not be shared by all thus mods will start clamping down on the proliferation of new threads, I don't know, it's just a thought.

Personally, I cannot see any reason for threads being closed or deleted - what I will understand is a consolidation under one heading.  I run a different type of forum and there we have given certain members a little sub-forum where they can discuss their "project" - Maybe you guys can motivate such with @Ukshep and if he likes the idea you may just have your own little heaven and then all FE threads can be moved and can reside there - I do not know what his business model is thus you'd have to ask / motivate.

So you vote for "not to worry, it's all good? Moving all FE threads to a sub-forum was LOP's tactic, saying it was based on religion. I studiously fight all references to religion, partly for that reason. Then they shut down FE and let religion back into the main forum. Hello?

This is not, by the way, an FE thread. It's a censorship thread. If I had not seen Rothbard's thread on LOP's main forum, I would not have given it a second thought. Since I respected his opinions about Nasa fakery and other topics, I said, whoa, RB is posting flat earth garbage?!?! I had such a high regard for him that I looked at the thread and quickly saw the good sense in it. And the pseudo-science that Nasa has been cramming in our brains since 1958, Project Paperclip.

You are not seeing the big picture, FA. If FE had no science to back it up, it would've been laughed away by the shills. But we have gotten so good at debunking their debunking, that they have given up the effort. Too many honest posters were seeing through their manipulations. Too many eyes were opening. So they pulled the plug.

Think about it. I predict trouble for Shep. 

Edited by grav
1 person likes this

Why would you attack me?  I was trying to help - I never "voted" for anything! Geewizz!  I do not know who or what LOP is and I really do not care about them or it. 

Why would there be trouble for @Ukshep? And the tread is about FE to be clear.

19 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

Why would you attack me?  I was trying to help - I never "voted" for anything! Geewizz!  I do not know who or what LOP is and I really do not care about them or it. 

Why would there be trouble for @Ukshep? And the tread is about FE to be clear.

Sorry, FA. I didn't think I was attacking. You're an honest poster and I respect your opinion.

By "voting" I meant something like, Yes, it's a dangerous and alarming precedent, or No, it is something more reasonable.

GLP and LOP are the biggest forums. By far. No one else comes close. Both are shutting down discussion of earth as defined by the Body Scientific. Whether you agree or disagree with the theory, it is extremely worrisome that free speech venues ban the topic. Censorship spells trouble. 

Cool! - Nope, I don't "vote" for anything like that.  My motto has always been (on forums) if you don't like it don't read it.  But, by reading and getting involved in the debate you must be able to hold your own - immaterial which "side" you support. All I am saying is from the viewpoint of forum owners, admins and moderators the multiple threads may just be an issue - therefore the suggestion of a sub forum - never thought of it as censorship though.  OK so Google told me LOP is lunaticoutpost - I had a look - technically a weak site with limited functionality - Some good threads but I do not have the time to participate in another forum - this one already produces much more than I can read in any given day / night.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, FalkeAuge said:

Cool! - Nope, I don't "vote" for anything like that.  My motto has always been (on forums) if you don't like it don't read it.  But, by reading and getting involved in the debate you must be able to hold your own - immaterial which "side" you support. All I am saying is from the viewpoint of forum owners, admins and moderators the multiple threads may just be an issue - therefore the suggestion of a sub forum - never thought of it as censorship though.  OK so Google told me LOP is lunaticoutpost - I had a look - technically a weak site with limited functionality - Some good threads but I do not have the time to participate in another forum - this one already produces much more than I can read in any given day / night.

When there are multiple threads, the moderators generally merge them. Deleting a thread is another topic completely. 

6 minutes ago, McWest said:

When there are multiple threads, the moderators generally merge them. Deleting a thread is another topic completely. 

Agree - deletion should be reserved for spam etc. Merging is also tricky sometimes as the core may differ.  

I'll chuck in my 2 cents!

From an admin standpoint it is my job to be unbiased when it comes to staff actions and the way the forum is ran. This Includes all ct topics that may be discussed. If 50% of the people in ct do not believe in flat earth. Tough luck!

I myself do not believe in it. I see some things that do make sense that cannot be refuted but nevertheless im not a believer. But that is not to say i think it should be removed. Or sent to its own sub-forum! I can see the argument about people not liking to see it on the main forum which i've heard a few times. And i've also had mentions of omg the flat earth tards are taking over they gun ruin u sheeppy! and quite honestly! i don't care!

This is what free speech and the protection of all ct topics looks like. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly! all you can do is research it. look into it and make your own conclusions based on that.

My job as admin does not involve censorship of any topic related to ct! but instead to make sure that all is protected and if any such body of government came to me and said delete. I think you should all know me well enough by now to know exactly how that would go down. I turn down a lot of offers! you chat people know exactly what im talking about! *Waves at trinity* haha

:whaat:

3 people like this

31 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'll chuck in my 2 cents!

From an admin standpoint it is my job to be unbiased when it comes to staff actions and the way the forum is ran. This Includes all ct topics that may be discussed. If 50% of the people in ct do not believe in flat earth. Tough luck!

I myself do not believe in it. I see some things that do make sense that cannot be refuted but nevertheless im not a believer. But that is not to say i think it should be removed. Or sent to its own sub-forum! I can see the argument about people not liking to see it on the main forum which i've heard a few times. And i've also had mentions of omg the flat earth tards are taking over they gun ruin u sheeppy! and quite honestly! i don't care!

This is what free speech and the protection of all ct topics looks like. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly! all you can do is research it. look into it and make your own conclusions based on that.

My job as admin does not involve censorship of any topic related to ct! but instead to make sure that all is protected and if any such body of government came to me and said delete. I think you should all know me well enough by now to know exactly how that would go down. I turn down a lot of offers! you chat people know exactly what im talking about! *Waves at trinity* haha

:whaat:

Well, I can only speak for me, but it was the flat earth thread that got me here and ultimately made me a member.  I like what you said, Shep.  I'm a huge proponent of free speech even if I don't agree with it.  I mean, the whole jews are behind everything makes my friggin blood boil, but I read it, soak in the information and either comment my 2 cents or move on.  Sometimes I look at the thread title and I don't read it because I know it will make me mad or I'm not interested.  It's really not a difficult concept.  If you don't want to read about flat earth DON'T LOOK AT IT!!!  

Keep up the good work, Shep and you'll have me as a member for a long time.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, grav said:

So, you may ask? There are more important topics. Not in my humble opinion. Trump, ISIS, refugihadists is Europe, the crashing economy, ALL other ct topics are distractions, y'all. False flags, just like 911, Sandy Hook, Paris killings, Ferguson, etc.

Very well said, friend.

Around 18 years ago, I actually studied the flat earth theory because my professor made fun of them and I was amazed that some people would actually believe the Earth was flat.  I read a few of articles from the Flat Earth Society's website and quickly realized that the arguments were pretty silly (I have since learned that the famous Flat Earth Society was a controlled group). 

The first person who really pointed me to the new flat earth arguments was @JibbyJedi who was intelligent and polite and was willing to answer my questions.  I quickly found out that there were some very interesting points being made by the new flat earthers - like there was no measurable curvature that should be easily detectable with modern equipment (the Flat Earth Society never mentioned that).  I assumed then that maybe there were some other unknown physics involved or that maybe the flat earth was a carefully built PSYOP with fake photographs, calculations, etc.

When I started that Flat Earth thread on LOP, I truly wanted to just open the debate up because the flat earth theory deserved attention.  I thought that many of the flat earth arguments would quickly be destroyed and that would be the end of it.  What would be wrong with investigating and debating a theory? 

I don't want to get into why I believe the flat earth is a stronger theory - there are plenty of threads already here.  But I did want to point out one thing.  When I started that LOP thread I was RIDICULED by nearly everyone.  In addition, at least a half dozen shills showed up who started a systematic and incessant barrage of insults (I think most of us here can tell which ones are the shills).  I was NOT prepared for the amount of attacks.  That shocked me.  There are a lot of "conspiracy theories" out there.  Many "conspiracy theories" have little to no evidence and are outlandish.  These outlandish conspiracy threads get one or two jabs, if any, and that's it.  No one cares.  In contrast, the flat earth theory had some legitimate questions - like why in the hell is there no curvature and no real photographs of the Earth from space.  It didn't make sense why flat earth was so taboo.

The flat earth theorists even had interesting footage of weather balloons showing no curvature and hot spots caused by the sun on the clouds.  These were interesting questions and no one was answering them.  Instead, they lied!  They ridiculed!  They raised irrelevant straw man arguments!  They employed ever shill tactic in the book!  They systematically started linking it with Jesus and the Bible just so they could call it a "religious thread" - only the naysayers were bringing up the Bible.  I saw it and many others saw it and we fought against it ... this wasn't just a bunch of so-called "debunkers," this was a concerted effort to shut down the discussion.  I don't know about you but a whole bunch of warning signals went off that there was something hidden.  

I don't care whether you believe in the flat earth but why in the hell are so many intent on shutting down the discussion?  Why is everyone afraid of answering simple flat earth questions?  Why have we been programmed to hear a flat earth argument and slap our hands on our ears and flip out in disgust? 

I hope that COP can withstand the attacks because COP has become a haven for truth-seekers.  Thank you @Ukshep and @Cinnamon !  But from what I saw, I fear grav is right and the pressure will come to shut us down.  It has been shut down everywhere else.  I hope that Ukshep and Cinnamon will keep us notified of these pressures (carrot or stick) so that we can understand it. 

Edited by Rothbard
4 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.