Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

SHTFplan: U.S. Marshals Collect Unpaid Student Loan Debt At Gunpoint: “Isn’t The First And Won’t Be The Last”

14 posts in this topic

HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Believe it or not, the US Marshals Service in Houston is arresting people for not paying their outstanding federal student loans.

Paul Aker says he was arrested at his home last week for a $1500 federal student loan he received in 1987.

He says seven deputy US Marshals showed up at his home with guns and took him to federal court where he had to sign a payment plan for the 29-year-old school loan.
<snip>

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/local-news/92232732-story

This loan is old. But even so, I thought being arrested for debts was a thing from the 1800's or something. 

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Believe it or not, the US Marshals Service in Houston is arresting people for not paying their outstanding federal student loans.

Paul Aker says he was arrested at his home last week for a $1500 federal student loan he received in 1987.

He says seven deputy US Marshals showed up at his home with guns and took him to federal court where he had to sign a payment plan for the 29-year-old school loan.
<snip>

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/local-news/92232732-story

This loan is old. But even so, I thought being arrested for debts was a thing from the 1800's or something. 

We seem to be sliding back into those ages again, just minus the freedoms that were around back then.

44 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

We seem to be sliding back into those ages again, just minus the freedoms that were around back then.

Yup like the 24hr surveillance from our smart devices that can pinpoint our location anywhere on the globe!?

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

He says seven deputy US Marshals showed up at his home with guns

For a $1500 debt? That reminds me of a co. I used to work for sending two electricians to our office to fix a $15 coffeepot. SIx man hours later (@ $47/hour) the coffeepot was declared broke.

1 minute ago, Brio said:

For a $1500 debt? That reminds me of a co. I used to work for sending two electricians to our office to fix a $15 coffeepot. SIx man hours later (@ $47/hour) the coffeepot was declared broke.

I wonder how much it is after interest is added on top of that. Probably over 100 thousand or even more, since the govt. compounds interest and at a very high rate. Even the IRS will tell you to go get a credit card to pay them off because it's cheaper than they are. We got the Federal Reserve in 1913, too. People say the 16th amendment was never properly ratified by all the states. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

I wonder how much it is after interest is added on top of that. Probably over 100 thousand or even more

I hadn't thought of that but I bet you're right. Makes me wonder how much of the $1trillion + in student debt owed is interest and fines.

Just now, Brio said:

I hadn't thought of that but I bet you're right. Makes me wonder how much of the $1trillion + in student debt owed is interest and fines.

Probably a huge amount of it.  Another example of creating debt out of thin air. Everything is a matter of money to the government. They don't care if you speed on the roads, they care about the fines.  And there are tons and tons of money they collect from places you never hear about unless you go looking specifically. Same thing with fines for code violations re: real estate and the money they extort for permits to build or alter things (counties do that). Outrageous. It's a wonder anyone an afford to eat, pay housing and transportation to get to the job that only pays enough so you can eat, pay housing and transportation. The government won't let people write off the gas they use to commute unless they're have their own business or are an independent contractor, I have a real issue with that, especially here in Cali where everything is a long drive because everything is so far apart and there aren't any trains or other public transportation except crappy buses. (get mugged by a crack head lol) The Federal Reserve doesn't factor in food or fuel in their inflation calculator, the 2 main necessities people use every day. Just thinking... sorry if this post is fractured. 

From what I've personally seen, it seems like 4 out of every 5 people have some kind of student loan debt.  Now clearly, they DO NOT have the resources or numbers to enforce this kind of stuff "to everyone", that would take decades to get to everyone, and by then, millions/billions more would have racked up new debt.

This is probably a real news story (mark the date & time I actually said news might be real, lol).... and it's likely being used as a scare tactic to get people bringing that old debt to their font attention levels as a priority to make pmts on.  Reminds me of something my old sales manager use to have us do when sales got slow, which was do a bunch of petty charges & bluff tactics to bring in more profits during those times.  So they picked this guy with a really old loan debt as a good example to scare the shit out of the people with, then of course the national news would air that local story to bluff the scared in debt. 

This is one of my favorite student loan horror stories that are similar, lol.

Editor’s Comment: Things are entering a desperate point of chaos. Student loan debt is one of Wall Street’s biggest bubbles, and could trigger market catastrophes. In the meantime, the outstanding $1 TRILLION in unpaid loans is up for grabs by private debt collectors, who’ve now teamed up with law enforcement to make a show of force during the bill collection operation.

Think it is intimidating to have armed police show up at your door, hauling you away and making you pay, or agree to pay? It is just the 21st Century version of debtor’s prisons, which are back in many forms, and are being used to squeeze on the little people, who must remember that they are owned. What’s the biggest lesson of all?

That college degree is worth about as much as an Obama buck in this carnival atmosphere – everybody’s got way too many of them, and they are no longer the key to opening doors to opportunity and success; instead they are the burden that is keeping people from getting ahead… all while the interest compounds, and the wolf comes to the door. Are you next? And are they insane?

Debt Slavery in Action – Texas Man Arrested for Not Paying Student Loan Debt

by Michael Krieger

Laws are effective only to the extent they are enforced. A law on the books has little impact if prosecution is highly unlikely.

http://right.is/gold-and-precious-metals/2016/02/shtfplan-u-s-marshals-collect-unpaid-student-loan-debt-at-gunpoint-isnt-the-first-and-wont-be-the-last-57981.html

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Editor’s Comment: Things are entering a desperate point of chaos. Student loan debt is one of Wall Street’s biggest bubbles, and could trigger market catastrophes. In the meantime, the outstanding $1 TRILLION in unpaid loans is up for grabs by private debt collectors, who’ve now teamed up with law enforcement to make a show of force during the bill collection operation.

Think it is intimidating to have armed police show up at your door, hauling you away and making you pay, or agree to pay? It is just the 21st Century version of debtor’s prisons, which are back in many forms, and are being used to squeeze on the little people, who must remember that they are owned. What’s the biggest lesson of all?

That college degree is worth about as much as an Obama buck in this carnival atmosphere – everybody’s got way too many of them, and they are no longer the key to opening doors to opportunity and success; instead they are the burden that is keeping people from getting ahead… all while the interest compounds, and the wolf comes to the door. Are you next? And are they insane?

Debt Slavery in Action – Texas Man Arrested for Not Paying Student Loan Debt

by Michael Krieger

Laws are effective only to the extent they are enforced. A law on the books has little impact if prosecution is highly unlikely.

http://right.is/gold-and-precious-metals/2016/02/shtfplan-u-s-marshals-collect-unpaid-student-loan-debt-at-gunpoint-isnt-the-first-and-wont-be-the-last-57981.html

I agree with that editor's comment, we have entered into a desperate point of chaos. Today I posted on here where over 270,000 people in Teamster's Union got their retirement benefits cut anywhere from 50 to 80 percent! We're on a downward spiral that is picking up speed.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.