Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Samsung Warns Customers to Think Twice About What They Say Near Smart TVs

5 posts in this topic

In a troubling new development in the domestic consumer surveillance debate, an investigation into Samsung Smart TVs has revealed that user voice commands are recorded, stored, and transmitted to a third party. The company even warns customers not to discuss personal or sensitive information within earshot of the device.

This is in stark contrast to previous claims by tech manufacturers, like PlayStation, who vehemently deny their devices record personal information, despite evidence to the contrary, including news that hackers can gain access to unencrypted streams of credit card information.

SO NOW YOU KNOW THEY LISTEN FOR SURE!

Source: http://www.activistpost.com/2016/02/samsung-warns-customers-to-think-twice-about-what-they-say-near-smart-tvs.html

Smart meters? Maybe that's what all they're all about, can the smart appliances transmit all the info without them?

Every single man, woman, child, and infant now has a 24/7 track & record everything they do device on them, all the time, always.   Are they forgetting this fact?  Why focus on one brand of TV that does what everyone's cell phones do, and is limited to only the room it is in.   People should be doing what I do.... get rid of the fancy cell phones and go get a cheap, low tech, no apps, no camera, cheesy ass pre-pay cell phone, and just do those other things on your G.damn computers at home or the office?   Or maybe get an Android/iPhone that isn't activated but just uses wifi and do all that crap anonymously without all that activity attached to you?

Why so many people willingly walk around with 24/7 gov't bugs is beyond me, lol.   I read 1984 in High School, I remembered it and many other stories by the time these devices came on the market and I saw and see them for what they are, personal bugs/trackers.  

1 person likes this

I have a samsung smart tv but I haven't and won't connect it to the internet, I have a cell phone, but I rarely take it with me anywhere. It is more of just a replacement for the land line that I used to have. I drive older vehicles and always will (pre 2005) because I know that they don't have connections to the cell towers and can't be easily tracked or remotely hijacked.

I don't even trust the hdmi connections from my tv's to my Pc because speakers are fundamentally the same as microphones so it is entirely possible that a tv (or anything with built in speakers) can be listening to you even if there is no microphone attached. I don't know if this is the case or not but It is something I have considered. I have the HDMI audio devices disabled and I use analogue or fiber optic connections instead for the audio.

I also keep a small piece of aluminum tape over the camera of the cellphone just in case someone decides to get nosy. Just some precautions that I take mostly because of the principal of the matter, not because there is anything terribly interesting going on at my house. lol

2 people like this

Speaking of aluminum, if you guys haven't seen this yet you will get a laugh out of it.

Edited by Mongoose
1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.