Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Drone Killing Architect May Become Next Supreme Court Justice

8 posts in this topic

A direct and egregious breach of the Fifth Amendment

Following the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia over the weekend the corporate media began speculating on his replacement.

David Barron is on the short list.

He is a 48-year old First Circuit judge and a Harvard law professor who headed up the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel during Obama’s first term.

“In that capacity, he wrote at least one memo offering the legal rationale for using drone strikes to kill American citizens overseas who were suspected of terrorism,” Alan Greenblatt wrote in 2014.

The Barron memo reeks of unconstitutionali
 ty.

In June, 2014, The New York Times reported on the memo, which was completed in June, 2010 and publicly released in 2014 by a federal appeals court.

David Barron, then the acting head of the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, concluded that it would be lawful for the government to kill Mr. Awlaki, notwithstanding federal statutes against murdering Americans overseas and protections in the Constitution against unreasonable seizures and depriving someone of life without due process of law.

<snip>

http://patriotrising.com/2016/02/14/drone-killing-architect-may-become-next-supreme-court-justice/

@Ukshep I really need a "roll eyes" smiley.  

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I really need a "roll eyes" smiley. 

Oh really? :rolleyes:

So you can font change smiles... I had a theory but never tried it. lol

Anyway back on topic, something is up, people are now checking on the well being of these judges, one of them hasn't been heard from in 2 days.

And I think 1 of them said Scalia was murdered, but that comment is unconfirmed.

Just now, DarkKnightNomeD said:

So you can font change smiles... I had a theory but never tried it. lol

Anyway back on topic, something is up, people are now checking on the well being of these judges, one of them hasn't been heard from in 2 days.

And I think 1 of them said Scalia was murdered, but that comment is unconfirmed.

Maybe they are hiding!

Just now, Ukshep said:

Maybe they are hiding!

Only the conservative judges need to hide. That doesn't include Commie judge Roberts, unless he's outlived his usefulness by ushering in Obamacare. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.