Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Fatal 50-car pileup closes I-78 in Lebanon County, reports say

17 posts in this topic

A fatal pileup involving dozens of vehicles has closed Interstate 78 in Lebanon County, according to reports.

PennLive.com, citing county 911 dispatchers, reported that more than 15 people were trapped and at least three had died.Pennsylvania State Police say more than 50 vehicles were involved in the crash about 9:45 a.m. Saturday in the highway's eastbound lanes in Bethel Township, the Associated Press reports.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/02/fatal_i-78_pileup_closes_highw.html#incart_sms

42 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

A fatal pileup involving dozens of vehicles has closed Interstate 78 in Lebanon County, according to reports.

PennLive.com, citing county 911 dispatchers, reported that more than 15 people were trapped and at least three had died.Pennsylvania State Police say more than 50 vehicles were involved in the crash about 9:45 a.m. Saturday in the highway's eastbound lanes in Bethel Township, the Associated Press reports.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/02/fatal_i-78_pileup_closes_highw.html#incart_sms

Wow that sucks! I know that people don't get to choose where they're born. But I couldn't imagine living in a place that snows. And I reckon if I did grow up there I'd be headed to a warmer place! ? 

12 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Wow that sucks! I know that people don't get to choose where they're born. But I couldn't imagine living in a place that snows. And I reckon if I did grow up there I'd be headed to a warmer place! ? 

I know! The only way I want to see snow, is if I go skiing. 

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

I know! The only way I want to see snow, is if I go skiing. 

Yup well your in SoCal right? You could go skiing in like 2-3hrs then go back home and wear a t-shirt and sandals lol!

2 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Yup well your in SoCal right? You could go skiing in like 2-3hrs then go back home and wear a t-shirt and sandals lol!

Exactly! :) 

Snow isn't so bad if you drive the road conditions. Be prepared (winter tires, leave early). I remember driving to Vancouver during a snowstorm, 4x4 truck, studded tires, sand bags in the back, driving well under the speed limit. Cars with summer tires were flying past me at high speed (flipping me the bird because I was going slow) then spinning off into the ditch. I couldn't even stop to help, I could stop but nobody behind me could. Chances are that pile up was caused by someone thinking he or she was invincible and didn't have to slow down at all.

Edited by Brio

32 minutes ago, Brio said:

Chances are that pile up was caused by someone thinking he or she was invincible and didn't have to slow down at all.

Yep.
People with big SUV's think they're just fine in winter conditions.
It doesn't matter how much your vehicle weighs when you hit ice.

1 minute ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yep.
People with big SUV's think they're just fine in winter conditions.
It doesn't matter how much your vehicle weighs when you hit ice.

Not technically no, but having sandbags in the pick up box means you aren't light on the back (driving) axle.

3 minutes ago, Brio said:

Not technically no, but having sandbags in the pick up box means you aren't light on the back (driving) axle.

That's true.
Cinder blocks, planks of wood and cat liter too. Just in case...
I'm a terrible driver. I avoid it whenever possible, especially in heavy snow.
I live in a warmer area now but I've spent plenty of time in ditches in the past.

:chuckle:

5 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

That's true.
Cinder blocks, planks of wood and cat liter too. Just in case...
I'm a terrible driver. I avoid it whenever possible, especially in heavy snow.
I live in a warmer area now but I've spent plenty of time in ditches in the past.

:chuckle:

If you avoid bad road conditions that makes you a damn good driver!

Just now, Brio said:

If you avoid bad road conditions that makes you a damn good driver!

Well thank you! lol
I've only been in one accident. Well... that involved another driver.
I rear ended a hippy. He stopped faster than I did and I kinda bumped him. It wasn't bad at all. 
He called the cops and I told the officer it was my fault. I said I was distracted by all the bumper stickers.
Hippy dude freaked out and started yelling me so the cop told him to sit on the curb and told me to leave. lol

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Well thank you! lol
I've only been in one accident. Well... that involved another driver.
I rear ended a hippy. He stopped faster than I did and I kinda bumped him. It wasn't bad at all. 
He called the cops and I told the officer it was my fault. I said I was distracted by all the bumper stickers.
Hippy dude freaked out and started yelling me so the cop told him to sit on the curb and told me to leave. lol

LMAO!!!! Poor hippy :chuckle:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.