Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Antonin Scalia, Supreme Court justice, dies at 79/NO AUTOPSY/EMBALMED AND PILLOW OVER THE HEAD

95 posts in this topic

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, a leading conservative voice on the high court, has died at the age of 79, a government source and a family friend told CNN on Saturday.

Scalia died in his sleep during a visit to Texas.

A government official said Scalia went to bed Friday night and told friends he wasn't feeling well. Saturday morning, he didn't get up for breakfast. And the group he was with for a hunting trip left without him.

Someone at the ranch went in to check on him and found him unresponsive.

<snip>

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/13/politics/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-dies-at-79/

And all that goes through my mind is: They'll put someone in there that's even WORSE.

Oh Crap...this is not good! King Putt is going to appoint one of his people so he can finish destroying America before his term is up.

Associate Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead of apparent natural causes Saturday on a luxury resort in West Texas, federal officials said.

Scalia, 79, was a guest at the Cibolo Creek Ranch, a resort in the Big Bend region south of Marfa.

According to a report, Scalia arrived at the ranch on Friday and attended a private party with about 40 people. When he did not appear for breakfast, a person associated with the ranch went to his room and found a body.

hief U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia, of the Western Judicial District of Texas, was notified about the death from the U.S. Marshals Service.   

U.S. District Judge Fred Biery said he was among those notified about Scalia's death.

"I was told it was this morning," Biery said of Scalia's death. "It happened on a ranch out near Marfa. As far as the details, I think it's pretty vague right now as to how," he said. "My reaction is it's very unfortunate. It's unfortunate with any death, and politically in the presidential cycle we're in, my educated guess is nothing will happen before the next president is elected."

The U.S. Marshal Service, the Presidio County sheriff and the FBI were involved in the investigation.

Officials with the law enforcement agencies declined to comment.

More: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-world/article/Senior-Associate-Justice-Antonin-Scalia-found-6828930.php

Hillary Clinton on passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia: 'I did not hold Justice Scalias's views, but he was a dedicated public servant who brought energy and passion to the bench. The Republicans in the Senate and on the campaign trail who are calling for Justice Scalia's seat to remain vacant dishonor our Constitution. The Senate has a constitutional responsibility here that it cannot abdicate for partisan reasons.'

(From Twitter)

<snip>

Over nearly three decades on the high court, Scalia's sharp intellect and acerbic opinions made him a hero to conservatives and a target for liberals.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a 2016 Republican presidential hopeful and himself a former clerk on the Supreme Court, posted a statement on Facebook mourning the death of "one of the greatest Justices in history." Cruz said, "A champion of our liberties and a stalwart defender of the Constitution, he will go down as one of the few Justices who single-handedly changed the course of legal history."

APPOINTED BY REAGAN

Scalia managed to steer the federal judiciary toward his twin theories of “originalism” and “textualism” -- strictly reading the Constitution and federal statutes to mean what their authors intended, and nothing more. Yet he leaves with more disappoinments than achievements and a legacy written in acerbic dissents.

The first Italian-American to serve on the court when he was named by President Ronald Reagan in 1986, “Nino” Scalia established himself as a firm opponent of abortion, gay rights and racial preferences. He was the lone dissenter when the court opened the Virginia Military Institute to women and consistently opposed affirmative action policies at universities and workplaces. When the court struck down the key section of the federal Defense of Marriage Act in 2013, he angrily predicted that it would lead to same-sex marriage -- and in 2015, he was proved right.

More: http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas-news/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-found-dead/42739494

Scalia's death shifts balance of high court, creates major election issue

The death of Justice Antonin Scalia, the Supreme Court's most fiery conservative voice, immediately changes the balance of the nation's highest court and thrusts its future into the center of the already intense presidential campaign.

Until Scalia's death at age 79, the high court had been divided between four appointees of Democratic presidents, all fairly liberal, and five Republican appointees, all relatively conservative. Scalia's death will leave the justices evenly split, unable to definitively resolve several major issues and with the partisan balance to be determined by the next nominee.

Democrats have not had a majority on the high court for more than four decades -- since President Nixon's first year in office.

<snip>

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-scalia-death-impact-20160213-story.html

Roberts is a lib as far as I'm concerned after what he did with Obammycare. 

13 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Oh man... we're about to get our first Muslim Supreme Court member.

Eric Holder perhaps...

23 minutes ago, CGK said:

Oh Crap...this is not good! King Putt is going to appoint one of his people so he can finish destroying America before his term is up.

Not without a fight!!!!!!

FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

djLzd9L.jpg

1 minute ago, counterintelligence said:

Eric Holder perhaps...

Oh my gosh. I hadn't thought of that!
What ever happened to fast and furious investigation? Was he cleared?
Wait, Hillary's running for pres so I guess being a criminal doesn't matter in politics.

1 minute ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Oh my gosh. I hadn't thought of that!
What ever happened to fast and furious investigation? Was he cleared?
Wait, Hillary's running for pres so I guess being a criminal doesn't matter in politics.

Maybe Obama will step down and join the court. He could help appoint himself and stay in office forever and ever and ever. 

20 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Oh man... we're about to get our first Muslim Supreme Court member.

Possible...

Sri Srinivasan: Supreme Court justice in the making?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/05/23/sri-srinivasan-judge-supreme-court-circuit-dc-obama-bush/2351543/#

-

Can we get a list of Most Possible Candidates, and Possibly rank them from,  Yes, Hell no! and Shoot the damn commie *******!!

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Maybe Obama will step down and join the court. He could help appoint himself and stay in office forever and ever and ever. 

Now that's a scary thought.
I thought he had his eye on the UN?
Which would give him more time off to golf?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.