Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbear

MAINE MAKES WELFARE RECIPIENTS WORK FOR IT. GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

22 posts in this topic

In Maine, they tried something different. Sometimes families need help, but if you’re single, able-bodied and want to live on the taxpayer’s dime… they’re going to make you work for it.

The results are…not at all shocking if you have any common sense.

Job openings for lower-skill workers are abundant in Maine, and for those ABAWD recipients who cannot find immediate employment, Maine offers both training and community service slots. But despite vigorous outreach efforts by the government to encourage participation, most childless adult recipients in Maine refused to participate in training or even to perform community service for six hours per week. When ABAWD recipients refused to participate, their food stamp benefits ceased.

In the first three months after Maine’s work policy went into effect, its caseload of able-bodied adults without dependents plummeted by 80 percent, falling from 13,332 recipients in Dec. 2014 to 2,678 in March 2015.

etc

Now compare this whole experiment to Europe where welfare recipients areencouraged to have more sex, and others complain that the welfare isn’t enough. Also, Europe is riddled with rape, crime and financial ruin.

cont

10 hours ago, rbear said:

even to perform community service for six hours per week

Huh. Wish I could get food and housing for six hours community service a week.

edit, no I don't just, I'm just a little amazed that so little effort was too much.

Edited by Brio

That's great!
I also think mandatory birth control for welfare recipients would be a good idea.
I know it's a bit harsh but dependence on state benefits has become generational.

If everyone else has to pee in a cup to work for someone else and pay for the welfare state, why shouldn't the ones on welfare have to pee in a cup too? lmao  (drug testing)

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

If everyone else has to pee in a cup to work for someone else and pay for the welfare state, why shouldn't the ones on welfare have to pee in a cup too? lmao  (drug testing)

They actually trialed that in a job center near me recently :D or so i hear!

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

They actually trialed that in a job center near me recently :D or so i hear!

They do it here all the time!  If you work for someone, you are subject not only to drug testing when you are hired, you are also subject to random drug testing. It's hard to find workers in some sectors because they all fail the drug testing. hahaha I never did that to anyone who worked for me, they smoked weed on their lunch hour and I didn't care, as long as they shared it with me!  

Just now, Cinnamon said:

They do it here all the time!  If you work for someone, you are subject not only to drug testing when you are hired, you are also subject to random drug testing. It's hard to find workers in some sectors because they all fail the drug testing. hahaha I never did that to anyone who worked for me, they smoked weed on their lunch hour and I didn't care, as long as they shared it with me!  

I think right now the only ones that get drug tested are those claiming benefits with a history of drug abuse or addiction on meth. If they get caught taking it again they lose out on money.

2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I think right now the only ones that get drug tested are those claiming benefits with a history of drug abuse or addiction on meth. If they get caught taking it again they lose out on money.

Oh, I get it. No one here claiming benefits has to take any kind of drug testing at all. Yet. I know they wanted to implement it somewhere before but the outcry was huge. But if you work, you get tested whenever they please and if you don't like it, you can just quit your job or be fired. You can't claim unemployment benefits if you quit or are fired, unless you can prove the firing as unjust. So, basically people who work are under much more stringent rules than those who are on benefits. 

But as the OP shows, if the recipients are required to do anything for their benefits, a bunch of them bail. That's pretty amazing that they don't think the benefits they were getting are worth such a tiny little effort of 6 hours per week. They obviously didn't need the benefits or they would have done what was required. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

But as the OP shows, if the recipients are required to do anything for their benefits, a bunch of them bail. That's pretty amazing that they don't think the benefits they were getting are worth such a tiny little effort of 6 hours per week. They obviously didn't need the benefits or they would have done what was required. 

Welfare pays well. Better than most entry level jobs.
They don't realize it because it's been handed to them for so long.

http://i0.wp.com/www.teapartycrusaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Welfare.png

12 hours ago, rbear said:

able-bodied adults without dependents plummeted by 80 percent, falling from 13,332 recipients in Dec. 2014 to 2,678 in March 2015.

Hold up a minute. 13,332 able bodied people without dependents received welfare benefits in a state of 1,330,000. That's 0.01% of the population.

An avg family receives ~$20K in benefits, so what does a single able bodied person receive, is $10K a generous estimate? So if 11,000 leaches were knocked out of welfare checks, the estimated savings is $11mm. What did this project cost to implement? How many social workers chasing down people with community service bulletins or job offers, or how many consulting firms to offer retraining at $5k per? The cost-benefit ratio has me wondering. Just kick the dead beats off!

6 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Oh, I get it. No one here claiming benefits has to take any kind of drug testing at all. Yet. I know they wanted to implement it somewhere before but the outcry was huge. But if you work, you get tested whenever they please and if you don't like it, you can just quit your job or be fired. You can't claim unemployment benefits if you quit or are fired, unless you can prove the firing as unjust. So, basically people who work are under much more stringent rules than those who are on benefits. 

I know of a person who got $10k for a "disability". His disability was he liked to smoke crack and was fired for it. He got affirmative action on them (hes black) and disability board claiming "he shouldn't be punished and it was unjust". 

6 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Welfare pays well. Better than most entry level jobs.
They don't realize it because it's been handed to them for so long.

http://i0.wp.com/www.teapartycrusaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Welfare.png

I used to know a coke whore (who was a mexican) (seriously) who had 3 kids, got a free 2 story house (rent free), $2,200 free spending money, ebt card with $500/month on it, and a $10/hr job. She worked the system with "muh kids" and got all this set up by the gov't organizations.

---

Meanwhile, if you have an education, no kids, are white, any of your parents make lots of money and work for the govt(postal service) but don't help you out, too bad. You get a big 0, no help what so ever.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.