Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

FBI officials STILL can't unlock San Bernardino killer's phone – TWO MONTHS after massacre/APPLE ORDERED TO DO IT FOR THEM

16 posts in this topic

FBI investigators cannot access the contents of the mobile – two months after the Muslim couple shot 14 people dead at a Christmas party.

Syed Farook, 28, and his wife Tashfeen Malik, 29, are thought to have been inspired by the warped Islamic State terror group.

And James Comey, the director of the US security service, said the use of encryption technology was to blame for slowing down the probe.

The wider use of encryption is "overwhelmingly affecting" law enforcement operations, he told the Senate Intelligence Committee.

He said: "It affects cops and prosecutors and sheriffs and detectives trying to make murder cases, kidnapping cases, drugs cases.

"It has an impact on our national security work but overwhelmingly this is a problem local law enforcement sees."

<snip>

In 2012 Mr Comney said he was "very concerned" about plans by Apple and Google to scramble users' data by default.

He added: "What concerns me about this is companies marketing something expressly to allow people to place themselves beyond the law.

"I am a huge believer in the rule of law, but I am also a believer that no-one in this country is beyond the law."

<snip>

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/642723/San-Bernardino-James-Comey-Senate-Intelligence-Committee-Syed-Farook-Tashfeen-Malik

No one is beyond the law? hah what that means is they will make any law they need to take away your 4th amendment rights.

This is why they need backdoors e.e Because if you don't let the NSA/FBI/CIA listen to every word you say, and know literally as well as a metaphorically where you stand, is TERRORISM.

I'm so sick and tired of all there shitty little games they play to screw over our rights. Also they have ways of getting in and checking messages, they are lying through their damn ratty little teeth.

:IjskEWt:

36 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

I'm so sick and tired of all there shitty little games they play to screw over our rights. Also they have ways of getting in and checking messages, they are lying through their damn ratty little teeth.

:IjskEWt:

Out of greens!!They def already got all the info off the phones #1 because they are that tech savey and can get a hacker to get into anything #2 Its fbi/cia/nsa info on the phone in the first place.FALSEFLAG SETUP

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, yaknow said:

Out of greens!!They def already got all the info off the phones #1 because they are that tech savey and can get a hacker to get into anything #2 Its fbi/cia/nsa info on the phone in the first place.FALSEFLAG SETUP

:signyeahthat:

5 hours ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

This is why they need backdoors e.e Because if you don't let the NSA/FBI/CIA listen to every word you say, and know literally as well as a metaphorically where you stand, is TERRORISM.

:b0vpxS8::qFbfZwK: Damn man I'm out of green! That's hilarious! Thanks?

@Quick1966, no worries ^.^ just glad to bring a laugh. Quack Quack, all clear >.> His name is Englebert o.o;

Somebody send the FBI the link to this video...LOL

1 person likes this

LOL They still couldn't do it, now they're ordering a private company to do it for them. 

Apple ordered to help FBI unlock phone belonging to San Bernardino shooter

ederal judge ordered Apple on Tuesday to help the FBI access encrypted data hidden on a cellphone that belonged to the terrorist couple who killed 14 people in San Bernardino last year.

The action is aimed at removing what had become a barrier in the investigation of the deadliest terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.

Authorities are trying to determine the couple's movements between the time of the attack at the Inland Regional Center the morning of Dec. 2 and their deaths in a wild firefight with police hours later. Last month, the FBI asked for the public's help in filling in an 18-minute blind spot in the narrative of the couple’s whereabouts.

The FBI is also probing whether couple received any help in plotting or carrying out the attacks.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Sheri Pym in Riverside directed Apple to help the FBI get around the phone’s passcode protection and any auto-erase functions the device might employ.

“The government has been unable to complete the search because it cannot access the iPhone's encrypted content,” U.S. Atty. Eileen Decker wrote in a 40-page motion to the judge. “Apple has the exclusive technical means which would assist the government in completing its search, but has declined to provide that assistance voluntarily.”

The device, an iPhone5, was given to Syed Rizwan Farook by the San Bernardino County Health Department and used in his job as an inspector, according to the motion.

<snip>

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fbi-apple-san-bernardino-phone-20160216-story.html

They still cant get into the phone? I have totally lost faith in our governments ability to spy on anyone. I'm pretty sure all they have to do is take that phone to any middle school in America and some script kiddie can crack it in seconds.

Trump calls for boycott of Apple until they complie to government mandate. This dude can't be president. He'll bring the worst of capitalism and communism all in one bizzard of smart off remarks to world issues and leaders. 

If we want our privacy respected it has to start with us respecting our own. If you don't want your boss to know you didn't show up at work because you were hung over, don't post it on facebook!

In regards to gov. surveillance, you know that iPhones snoop and report so keep it in your pocket! Who was it said earlier here today, in a backwards world you have to move backwards to stay ahead.

“I stared up at the sky and raised my middle finger, just in case God was watching. I don't like being spied on.”
Annabel Pitcher

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.