Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

SEE THE INCREDIBLE CREATIONS FROM THIS YEAR'S INTERNATIONAL SNOW SCULPTURE CHAMPIONSHIPS

5 posts in this topic

Sixteen teams representing 11 countries battled each other, as well as challenging weather conditions, over a five-day period to create incredible sculptures from nothing more than snow.

The competition awards no cash prizes and teams are only allowed hand tools to carve the snow. Each team of four artists is given a 12-foot block of snow that weighs a massive 40,000 pounds. They then rotate shifts over a 65-hour period to complete their creations.

<snip>

http://abc11.com/weather/see-the-incredible-creations-from-this-years-international-snow-sculpture-championships/1193333/

Awesome artwork! Would love to see this in person. 

This is neat, I didn't know something like this existed. I like the Rhonda one.

Why bulldoze them? Why not keep them till next year or until they melt, as an attraction. =\

Cool!
I've always wanted to visit an ice hotel.

Uploaded on Jan 23, 2010

QUEBEC EVENT CITY - This is the Ice Hotel of Duchesnay, outside Quebec City in Canada. It is entirely made of snow and ice. With 36 rooms, 2 bars, a chapel, a giant igloo and a super cool slide, it's by far the coolest hotel in the world!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.