Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Maple syrup emerges as potential hero in antibiotic resistance crisis

8 posts in this topic

When it's been concentrated, an extract of maple syrup weakens harmful bacteria, reducing their resistance to antibiotics, according to a new study at McGill University in Canada.

Making microbes more susceptible to being overcome by antibiotics could cut down on the amount that's necessary to fight them, say the researchers.

Increasing antibiotic use is thought to be contributing to the burgeoning antibiotic resistance crisis, which has become a major public health concern on a global scale.

The key ingredient in the extract is phenol, an acid-rich compound that's a common component of plants that protects them from pathogens including insects.

http://news.yahoo.com/maple-syrup-emerges-potential-hero-antibiotic-resistance-crisis-163740766.html

hmm interesting.

1 person likes this

i love maple syrup. its the only kind i buy as the rest they have on store shelves is gmo junk.

i love maple syrup. its the only kind i buy as the rest they have on store shelves is gmo junk.

​I won't get pancakes at a restaurant, because none of them serves real maple syrup and I don't eat that other crap

real maple syrup is delicious - the other stuff is nasty!

I'm not really a pancake person, though - eggses are more my style, precious...

i love maple syrup. but! i would only consume the sugar free kind. just imagine this...warm golden waffle..with melting whipped butter dripping down the sides, and drenched with syrup..and a side of bacon and sausages..when i say sausages, i mean vegetarian style, made with soy protein. O.o

I only consume Bees honey myself, No processing needed.

​Its the only honey i consume too. We have our own hives where i work part time and i have 1 for myself with the conservation trust and i get my jars of pure honey every year :D

speaking of honey, i love raw, uncooked honey.. as well as clover style honey. dont buy from wholesale stores..usually they arent genuine honey..you can tell by the taste.

​Its the only honey i consume too. We have our own hives where i work part time and i have 1 for myself with the conservation trust and i get my jars of pure honey every year :D

​I don't have any hives myself but i trade milk,butter and cheese to a honey bee farmer right down the road from me for my supply of fresh honey. I trade fresh milk, butter and cheese for lots of stuff i want or may need. Those 2 cows of mine put out 10 to 12 gallons a day of fresh milk. That's a lot of fresh milk and a lot of potential fresh butter and cheese to be made. I rarely buy any type of foods from the grocery store other than some dried goods. 95% of what I eat comes from my garden, my 2 milk cows, the fresh wild game meat i hunt and the fish i catch. I do buy beef but only grazed feed beef cattle from a local small farmer who raises cattle by commission. Meaning a certain collective of people pay this cattle rancher to raise, feed and take care of their beef cow till time for processing(That means slaughter time for you that may be offended). I don't buy pork when there is so much free wild pork running around in the south east USA that only cost me a few hours in a day and a single or couple rounds of .306 ammo.

That way i get good safe beef that is graze fed that has none of the junk put in it that these big corp ranchers inject and feed beef cattle.

I was born and raised eating all organic food and anything other than organic food that is trying to be pushed on me is basically a insult and pisses me off. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.