Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Overwhelming Majority of Americans Believe Both Parties Are Too Corrupt to Change Anything ... "This, In Fact, Is A Revolution"

7 posts in this topic

We’ve previously noted that polls show that Americans are in a “pre-revolutionary” mood, that less than 1 in 5 Americans think that the government has the “consent of the governed”, that government corruption tops the list of Americans’ fears (gee, wewonder why), and that 3 times as many Americans supported King George during the Revolutionary War than support our OWN Congress today.

You might assume that such statements are over-the-top … or that the results come from partisan pollsters.

But a  group of Republican and Democratic pollsters and political strategists reviewed polling data last week, and revealed some stunning results:

• 84% of all Americans believe political leaders are more interested in protecting their power and privilege than doing what is right
  • 81% percent believe the power of ordinary people to control our country is getting weaker every day as politicians of both parties fight to protect their own power and privilege
  • 80% believe the federal government is its own special interest primarily looking out for itself
  • 79% of all voters believe we need to recruit and support more candidates for office, at all levels of government, who are ordinary citizens, rather than professional politicians and lawyers
  • 78% believe that the Democratic and Republican Parties are essentially useless in changing anything, because both political parties are too beholden to special interests to create any meaningful change
  • 76% of Americans agree with the statement that America cannot succeed unless we take on and defeat the corruption and crony capitalism in our government
  • 75% believe that the US government is NOT working for the people’s best interest
  • 75% believe that powerful interests have used campaign and lobbying money to rig the system for themselves
  • 74% see the biased and slanted coverage of the media as part of the problem
  • 72% of Americans believe the U.S. has a two-track economy, where most Americans struggle every day, where good jobs are hard to find, and where huge corporations get all the rewards
  • 72% believe that the reason families in our middle class have not seen their economic condition improve for decades and economic growth is stalled is because of corruption and crony capitalism in Washington
  • 71% believe our government is not only dysfunctional, it is collapsing right before our eyes
  • 70% believe the government in Washington does not govern with the consent of the people
  • The majority – 56% – say they wish there were a third party with a chance of success to fight for their interests
  • Only 15% say the “values and principals of my political party are so important that I strongly prefer to vote for the candidates of my party…”

They concluded:

The country [is] in a prerevolutionary moment.

<snip>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-08/overwhelming-majority-americans-believe-both-parties-are-too-corrupt-change-anything

These are some pretty interesting numbers. I wonder where all those people actually are. 

2 people like this

Another prediction of revolution.  I think we can say that after Lavoy's death it is proven that the so-called militia will not be performing a revolution any time soon, seeing as nothing seems to pry them away from playing Call of Duty.  They now know that in real life you don't get a respawn.

There won't be a revolution.  The false notion of a silent majority has been proven wrong again and again!

The majority favor a liberal vision of the future.  No amount of pandering, propaganda, and selling hatred will change that.  Conservatives are struggling to remain relevant in America.  Conservatives are fractured, and bound to their hatred of the other, upon whom they place all the blame for everything that's wrong with their lives.

This is it, the end.  2016 is when America turns Blue once and for all!  False dreams and lies will vanish like smoke before the might of truth and justice!  These final gasps of breath of conservative ideology will fade to whimpers as the heartbeat of the GOP goes cold and still.

A new bright era is dawning in America! 

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."      ~~ The Declaration of Independance

I wonder how well this would go over today.

6 minutes ago, TruthSeeker said:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."      ~~ The Declaration of Independance

I wonder how well this would go over today.

Exactly, we are throwing off the facism and tyranny of conservative ideology.  The ideology of using children as factory labor, the ideology of subsistence wages, and the ideology of destroying the middle class.

Never underestimate the silent majority. It only takes ONE to get the party started. It just has to be a song the people want to dance to.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Frankenstein said:

Another prediction of revolution.  I think we can say that after Lavoy's death it is proven that the so-called militia will not be performing a revolution any time soon, seeing as nothing seems to pry them away from playing Call of Duty.  They now know that in real life you don't get a respawn.

There won't be a revolution.  The false notion of a silent majority has been proven wrong again and again!

The majority favor a liberal vision of the future.  No amount of pandering, propaganda, and selling hatred will change that.  Conservatives are struggling to remain relevant in America.  Conservatives are fractured, and bound to their hatred of the other, upon whom they place all the blame for everything that's wrong with their lives.

This is it, the end.  2016 is when America turns Blue once and for all!  False dreams and lies will vanish like smoke before the might of truth and justice!  These final gasps of breath of conservative ideology will fade to whimpers as the heartbeat of the GOP goes cold and still.

A new bright era is dawning in America! 

I don't see anything bright about it. But I'm sure those on the government dole do! 

4 hours ago, Frankenstein said:

Exactly, we are throwing off the facism and tyranny of conservative ideology.  The ideology of using children as factory labor, the ideology of subsistence wages, and the ideology of destroying the middle class.

LOL children as factory labor? That was when, back in the 1930's or something?  Conservative ideology is way better than communism, which is exactly what the left stands for now and the left is what is destroying the middle class today. Who's in charge and has been for 8 years? A demoncrat who is likely not even a U.S. Citizen. If you love high taxation then definitely vote for the left wingers. But, I digress, there is no difference in the parties, in case you have not noticed, it's just that one can screw us in ways the other one can't, that's why when we're sick of one party, they install a new one. A Republican will be in the White House at the end of Obammy's term. 

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.