Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

How To Vote In America - Even If You Don't Live There

9 posts in this topic

Why is this allowed? Anyone over the age of 18 who lives anywhere on the planet and has one American parent can vote in the Presidential election even if they have NEVER lived in the USA!

As The US presidential voting season kicks off on Monday with the Iowa caucus, The Local looks at how to cast your ballot, even from a continent away.

http://www.thelocal.de/20160201/how-to-vote-as-an-american-expat-abroad

Never Resided in the U.S.?

In some States, U.S. citizens, 18 years or older, who were born abroad but have never resided in the United States, are eligible to vote absentee. The following States allow these citizens to vote absentee:

https://www.fvap.gov/citizen-voter/reside

For example:

Colorado

A U.S. citizen who has never resided in the U.S. and has a parent, legal guardian, spouse or civil union partner that was last domiciled in Colorado is eligible to vote in Colorado.

California

A U.S. citizen who has never resided in the U.S. and has a parent or legal guardian that was last domiciled in California is eligible to vote in California as long as he or she has not registered or voted in another State.

https://www.fvap.gov/citizen-voter/reside

This totally ticks me off. Why should someone who has NEVER lived in the USA have a voice in electing our President? Because their mom or dad, husband or wife lived in the USA at some time in their lives?

I have a friend who lives in Canada who married an American and holds dual citizenship. She voted for Obama twice but has never lived in the USA. This crap needs to stop.

9 minutes ago, CGK said:

This totally ticks me off. Why should someone who has NEVER lived in the USA have a voice in electing our President? Because their mom or dad, husband or wife lived in the USA at some time in their lives?

I have a friend who lives in Canada who married an American and holds dual citizenship. She voted for Obama twice but has never lived in the USA. This crap needs to stop.

Because they think they're all gonna vote Democrat?  :cheer:

1 person likes this

Relax. Nobody's vote counts anyway!

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, McWest said:

Relax. Nobody's vote counts anyway!

Truth!

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Because they think they're all gonna vote Democrat?  :cheer:

Yep,

The are called "unregistered democratic voters".

3 minutes ago, Team Uzi said:

Yep,

The are called "unregistered democratic voters".

Yes, it's really funny that only the democrats cry foul when anyone wants voters to have an i.d.  They say it causes a hardship on those people. Are we to believe that those people have no id? How do they get their social security, disability, welfare and foodstamps without some kind of i.d.? Or buy beers! 

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Yes, it's really funny that only the democrats cry foul when anyone wants voters to have an i.d.  They say it causes a hardship on those people. Are we to believe that those people have no id? How do they get their social security, disability, welfare and foodstamps without some kind of i.d.? Or buy beers! 

Yes, here in Oregon, the defrocked former Governor tried to slip drivers licenses to illegals without voter consent.

I personally help petition the maneuver be put to the polls. I even got a few illegals to sign it. LOL.

In any event, the idea was voted on and shot down by an 80% margin.

5 minutes ago, Team Uzi said:

Yes, here in Oregon, the defrocked former Governor tried to slip drivers licenses to illegals without voter consent.

I personally help petition the maneuver be put to the polls. I even got a few illegals to sign it. LOL.

In any event, the idea was voted on and shot down by an 80% margin.

Nothing feels better than kicking some establishment butt!  Nice job! 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.