Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja

Dystopia

5 posts in this topic

There's a good thread on 8chan, that I've been reading, about how people are diagnosed as depressed, more and more these days, and how its a conspiracy because the world sucks 1000 dicks and depression is a perfectly normal response to how shit, everything is. I just read this reply and I think it's worth sharing.

Being depressed because of the current state of affairs is completely normal, and if you're happy the way things are, it's probable you're a consumer drone.

I'm not American, but here in Australia we pretty much have the same dream - meet a girl, get married, buy a home, have children. That's what all 4 of my grandparents were seeking when they left Germany/Poland (paternal side) and France (maternal side) back in the 1950s and arrived in Australia.

My grandparents each had 5 kids, with the man going to work while the mother stayed at home. They bought big blocks of land on which they could grow their own vegetables, and didn't spend innumerable hours at work - time was always made to enjoy family activities.

Looking at my own parents, there was still some resemblance of how things were done in the past when I came along in the early 1980s. We had a much smaller block of land, but it was still only my dad that worked and my mum who stayed home to look after my brother and I. We had cousins to play with, although the extended family had gotten smaller compared to the previous generation. Despite being smaller, things cost more time and money, but there was still time to do family things and owning a home was in reach.

Now that all my cousins and people I went to school with are into our 30s, I can tell you that most don't have kids, and if married, both partners are working full time to service a massive debt on a house that is so small that it no longer includes a backyard. I guess that doesn't matter though because no-one has kids because they simply can't afford it, and the ones that do have kids have one which they have to stick into childcare so that the mother can return to work ASAP because the mortgage is due and it's expensive as f***. We're all just drones, no time for family at all and you work for a pittance.

Some people like my brother have just dropped out entirely. Lives with my parents, no girlfriend, no kids, no assets, no nothing. Yet apparently our generation are the best educated because he has a university degree and the prior generations did not even finish school.

I have a job, and my girlfriend and I rent, both of us work, and there is just no prospect of us being able to buy a home because job security cannot be relied upon and to buy within 1-2 hours travel time to work would cost us 750k AUD.

And yet my grandparents managed to have much more for much less money and time.

I am constantly depressed at my situation, it's futile for me to go to work because I am working towards NOTHING. I have a good girlfriend but I can tell she's not happy either being early 30s with no kids and is forced to ignore what's left of her maternal instinct so that we can afford to have our bills paid and eat.

A lot of people blame women, but it is men who duped them into giving up motherhood and going into careers. Men kicked that off. The people that forced a wedge between men and women resulting in the abandonment of traditional roles have turned both man and woman into serfs.

I hate my life. I don't need nor want medication to dull that pain though because what I feel is normal given the circumstances.

2 people like this

44 minutes ago, Ninja said:

There's a good thread on 8chan, that I've been reading, about how people are diagnosed as depressed, more and more these days, and how its a conspiracy because the world sucks 1000 dicks and depression is a perfectly normal response to how shit, everything is. I just read this reply and I think it's worth sharing.

We are like hamsters on a treadmill.  Always running, but going nowhere...or not far at least.

Those in their twenties and thirties must now chisel away a mountain of student loans before they can invest in a home or start a family.   Without a diploma you don't stand a chance, so you're stuck playing the system---while the noose slowly tightens.

1 person likes this

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

3 people like this

12 hours ago, Ninja said:

A lot of people blame women, but it is men who duped them into giving up motherhood and going into careers. Men kicked that off. The ENACTMENT OF THE PROTOCOLS OF ZION  forced a wedge between men and women resulting in the abandonment of traditional roles have turned both man and woman into serfs.

fixed

Well,

I tell myself "It's a big Machine" every day. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still here and then seem to remember how much harder other people's lives would be without me.

I have found that looking at life as a big picture rather than viewing it through a microscope is a better route.

Progressives would have you scrutinize every little dark detail in your life and society and use you as their scapegoat.

Not me. I see it for what it is and I'm not gonna let the bastards get me down.

Now if I can just remember where I stashed that Famous Grouse.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.