Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

NASA on ALERT: Asteroid Heads for Closest-Ever Predicted Approach to Earth

18 posts in this topic

The flyby of asteroid 2013 TX68 is the closest ever predicted Earth approach for an object this large. "Nemisis Maturity" gives us an excellent presentation of what they know so far, and the comparison to the asteroid that exploded over Russia in 2013.

SHITS GOING TO GET REAL! maybe.... well... probably not.... but this is the closest ever. one day it will be too close.

With NASA in charge, what could possibly go wrong? I can't figure out how an agency that claims to know so much knows so little. :damned:

Nasa and "alert." Do those two words really belong in the same sentence? You may not be a flatearther, Shep, but you're prolly a Nasa skeptic.

Just now, grav said:

Nasa and "alert." Do those two words really belong in the same sentence? You may not be a flatearther, Shep, but you're prolly a Nasa skeptic.

oh i think they do. :) and i have a few issues with nasa but im not worried nor do i even care to look into it deeper. Reason: with a secret like that and tech getting better and better. They cant hide it forever if indeed something is going on. Its one of those things that would sort itself out quicker than i could do it and thus i'd be wasting my time.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

With NASA in charge, what could possibly go wrong? I can't figure out how an agency that claims to know so much knows so little. :damned:

They never tell all! Never A Straight Answer :D

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

oh i think they do. :) and i have a few issues with nasa but im not worried nor do i even care to look into it deeper. Reason: with a secret like that and tech getting better and better. They cant hide it forever if indeed something is going on. Its one of those things that would sort itself out quicker than i could do it and thus i'd be wasting my time.

They never tell all! Never A Straight Answer :D

If an asteroid was going to hit us, they wouldn't tell.  People would do things out of character... like live in the moment. 

Well here comes the Planet X videos. Not saying this is one but, remember the hundreds if not thousands of PX videos on YouTube having everyone freaked out. I hope this one doesn't turn to that. Yes it's a little too close for comfort but I personally think it'll be a ok. I mean sure one that size can wipe out a small town but it's not a planet killer. Unless NASA is just lying again and it actually a lot bigger than they say. Dum dum dummm.  

Just now, Groove said:

Well here comes the Planet X videos. Not saying this is one but, remember the hundreds if not thousands of PX videos on YouTube having everyone freaked out. I hope this one doesn't turn to that. Yes it's a little too close for comfort but I personally think it'll be a ok. I mean sure one that size can wipe out a small town but it's not a planet killer. Unless NASA is just lying again and it actually a lot bigger than they say. Dum dum dummm.  

Well word is that they do fudge the numbers sometimes. But who knows if they actually do it or not.

Just now, Ukshep said:

Well word is that they do fudge the numbers sometimes. But who knows if they actually do it or not.

Yes they do fudge a lot. I'm just hoping the size and distance is an over estimation and it a little further away that 11000 miles. 

But if not :rd107ki:

10 minutes ago, Groove said:

Yes they do fudge a lot. I'm just hoping the size and distance is an over estimation and it a little further away that 11000 miles. 

But if not :rd107ki:

I for one could not care less if i passed a tv or radio tomorrow and it said we are all gunna die. Asteroid will hit earth says nasa. I will carry on my day... enjoy it.... go do some very bold things.....and basically stop caring about procedure. I'll walk straight into the bar and say HEEEEY! who's hungry and order in pizza for everyone and get pissed.

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

NASA doesn't find these things by themselves.  Even if they tried to, they simply don't have the manpower for it.  Many asteroids and comets are found by amateur sky watchers.  They, of course, report their observations to everyone else, including NASA, who then, obviously, take a a closer look and catalogue it.  NASA by no means maintains any "monopoly" on asteroid position and orbit information.

1 minute ago, Sky Cat said:

NASA doesn't find these things by themselves.  Even if they tried to, they simply don't have the manpower for it.  Many asteroids and comets are found by amateur sky watchers.  They, of course, report their observations to everyone else, including NASA, who then, obviously, take a a closer look and catalogue it.  NASA by no means maintains any "monopoly" on asteroid position and orbit information.

I'm very aware of that. But, once they have the info, with all their tools, it seems to me that they should be able to do more than they do as far as estimations. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.