Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rothbard

Japan's Ghost Cab Passengers

3 posts in this topic

Not very controversial but interesting.  From the article:

"[O]ne taxi driver told of how he may have seen one of these residents just months after the March 2011 earthquake.  He said he was working in the town when a young woman dressed in a coat climbed into his cab near Ishinomaki Station and told him: 'Please go to the Minamihama (district).' 

In response, he told her that the area was 'almost empty' and asked her if she was sure she wished to go there. 

The woman replied in a trembling voice, "Have I died?".

Chillingly, the driver said he then turned around in his seat - but no one was there."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/horrified-cabbies-pick-up-ghost-passengers-in-area-devastated-by-2011-japan-tsunami/ar-BBp6dI3

I guess that some people just don't know that they're dead.  Maybe we're all dead. 

If this is real, how do Christians explain this ghost? 

4 minutes ago, Rothbard said:

I guess that some people just don't know that they're dead.  Maybe we're all dead. 

If this is real, how do Christians explain this ghost? 

We have no way of knowing the truth of the story, though it seems legit. If it is legit (i.e. the driver is honest, and didn't have a vision rather than a physical encounter), a possible explanation is that souls don't always go immediately to their eternal destiny. Either way, I don't think anyone of any belief system can really explain such things. All I can tell you is that it doesn't blatantly contradict the Bible.

1 person likes this

And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.  Matthew 14:26

spirit = fantasma

1. an appearance

2. an apparition, spectre

But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.   Luke 24:37

spirit = pneuma

2. a human soul that has left the body

Edited by seeker
1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.