Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

WALMART COLLAPSE TO WIPE OUT 100 TOWNS ACROSS AMERICA

23 posts in this topic

More than 100 Walmarts around the country shut their doors Thursday for good -- many in small towns and rural areas with few other shopping options CBS NEWS REPORTS.

The retailer cites a long-term strategy shift and financial performance. Company shares are down 25 percent over the past 12 months, and the nationwide closures will also impact thousands of employees, reports CBS News correspondent David Begnaud.

Wow. Yea small towns that got taken over by big business will hurt with out that one store. I see it here where I live everyday. We had a small Walmart and all was fine, mom and pop stores were all doing well. However after Katrina came thru and a few small businesses were destroyed a newer bigger 24 hour Walmart came this way. It was finished in 2012 but by the beginning of 2014 the local grocery stores were all shutting down because of Walmarts grocery section. The Winn Dixie that had been here for 30 years closed it doors then another grocery store did too. So now we're stuck going to Walmart or drive for 45 mins to get to the next city that has better grocery stores. But personally I think Walmart has done a lot of this bad business on purpose. 

They weren't able to drive out the grocery stores where I am, but they might be able to now. What I didn't hear Franchi say was that they are building super centers and other types of grocery stores that are aimed at cornering the food market.  I'd like to see the numbers on how much food is going to be controlled by Wal-Mart stores after all of this is done. The strategy will work and with that business plan (in the other thread by FaulkAuge) they can start with a bang and then keep implementing this until it's nationwide. 

They know the economy is going to crash again, I think, and they are going after the market that EVERYONE uses and is a matter of survival. 

Does Wal-Mart own any dairies or other factory farms? I haven't even checked on that. If they don't they are idiots. Why pay a middle man when you can own everything from the soil up?  If they don't have plans for that, their forward thinkers in the company are falling down on the job big time.  In 5 more years? 

Is Wal-Mart becoming a threat to national food security?  I would say yes.  

1 person likes this

The internet has taken a lot of business from retailers but perishables are an exception. And necessary. Malwart couldn't care less if people who don't make them high profits go hungry. They're a business, why would they?

1 person likes this

I know Walmart is closing 6 stores in Ok.. They claim, that other stores are within 10 miles of the ones they are closing.... My daughter who works for them, said they are going to be building about 100 super centers, that they are closing down mainly the smaller ones.... I drive for a company who picks up dairy products in the Ok and walmart is one of their biggest customers...

1 person likes this

They closed the small WM near me, after forcing the local grocery store to sell out. It became a Shopper's Fair or some other cheapo chain. The meat has no place of origin on the label. You know what that means. Chinese.

Is that the game? Shut down the stores that sell local food so that we will all be eating whatever comes across the ocean? Our seafood restaurants use Chinese shrimp and catfish. I'm in Louisiana, for Pete's sake. The Chinese are flooding the market with their mystery food.

Edited by grav
2 people like this

3 minutes ago, grav said:

They closed the small WM near me, after forcing the local grocery store to sell out. It became a Shopper's Fair or some other cheapo chain. The meat has no place of origin on the label. You know what that means. Chinese.

Is that the game? Shut down the stores that sell local food so that we will all be eating whatever comes across the ocean? Our seafood restaurants use Chinese shrimp and catfish. I'm in Louisiana, for Pete's sake. The Chinese are flooding the market with their mystery food.

Wow, they REALLY need to label that meat! I found frozen green beans from China. I'm like wtf, we can't even grow a green bean in America anymore? To hell with them anyway, I'm growing my own stuff this year and we should all revolt by opting out of their madness anyway we can. 

10 minutes ago, JustATrucker said:

I know Walmart is closing 6 stores in Ok.. They claim, that other stores are within 10 miles of the ones they are closing.... My daughter who works for them, said they are going to be building about 100 super centers, that they are closing down mainly the smaller ones.... I drive for a company who picks up dairy products in the Ok and walmart is one of their biggest customers...

I hope this doesn't have a bad effect on your job and I hope your daughter can get another job, too or at least continue to work for them   I just found out today that Walmart and my town are in talks about shutting down the store here (that is very near and convenient for me) and building a super center on the other end of town where the traffic is mad all the time. 

18 minutes ago, JustATrucker said:

Fudge the invoice and leave the tailgate open ;)

6 hours ago, grav said:

Closest major city to me they opened up one of these and already had them staffed before it was even complete. Basically 1.4 years later (if even that), I seen the "store closing" sign on it Friday. This was after they told everyone to come here for "neighborhood market". The thing

14 hours ago, Groove said:

Wow. Yea small towns that got taken over by big business will hurt with out that one store. I see it here where I live everyday. We had a small Walmart and all was fine, mom and pop stores were all doing well. However after Katrina came thru and a few small businesses were destroyed a newer bigger 24 hour Walmart came this way. It was finished in 2012 but by the beginning of 2014 the local grocery stores were all shutting down because of Walmarts grocery section. The Winn Dixie that had been here for 30 years closed it doors then another grocery store did too. So now we're stuck going to Walmart or drive for 45 mins to get to the next city that has better grocery stores. But personally I think Walmart has done a lot of this bad business on purpose. 

that those customers went there that went there, the rest went to wherever they went before. I went there once for an extension cord, they had everything else besides any extension cords. 

Winn Dixie in another place was still open before getting bought out many years ago (over 10?). The Wieners went out of business because of Heb setting up shop across the road from it. The store from my understanding was just "basic", I didn't even notice it before they renovated, which after this shut down the El Ahoro across the road. Now its Mi chicana, but 1/2 the size. I should go check it out soon before its gone. Strangely these are on the working harder side of town. The other side is mostly rich or college people having lots of $. 

14 hours ago, grav said:

Hey Grav yea there's a Walmart I believe in Livingston that just opened I heard. They I hear like a week or two later that the Balkans new store is closing. I may be wrong on the location but I know it's somewhere in SE Louisiana. Walmart has been a disaster in some areas where the smaller business go out of business because of them. Happened here in my little town when theyshut the old Walmart down and built a larger 24hr one, not a superstore just a regular 24hr Walmart with groceries. Sucks the old Winn Dixie closed here. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.