Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Empty Nest

5 posts in this topic

My son moved out today. He was the last kid that I needed to launch. I'm so sad, but at the same time I'm so happy for him. He is moving on and becoming a man. That was my job as a mother, to love, nurture, educate my children,  give them the tools they need to be successful in life and then send them out into the world to create their own lives. Its the circle of life....

For My Son!

:grouphug:

Mine are still home, going to school, but not too many years till they'll be on their own. I told them we're coming full circle: when they were little, they cried if we left the room. Now we'll cry if they leave home.

Thanks for the hugs Challenger!  I've devoted my life to my children. I gave up all my aspirations and decided the most important career I could ever have was to be a wife and mother...and to be the best damn mother ever!

I could not have done it without my husband who busted his ass to support me and our kids for the past 30 years. There is a lot to be said for the traditional family structure.

My 26 year old son moved out with a 20 thousand in a 401K, 20 grand in savings and a great paying job. He will be just fine.....I'm the one who is falling apart!

Hug them every day Challenger while you still have them at home.....Before you know it....they will be gone!

:heartflowers:

1 person likes this

Yep, big man-sized boys or not, they get hugs from mom every day. The older one commutes to college and his part-time job. He's got no savings but will graduate debt-free and have a full-time job in his major waiting for him. Younger one is on the same path.

I quit working for other people just a few days before my oldest was born, and never went back. We consolidated, scrimped, and did everything possible so I could stay home with them, and I did until I had homeschooled them through the early grades. And both of them adapted seamlessly when it was time to go to the STEM school, where they have both been honors students. Once they were in that school and I had some time, I taught myself web-related technologies and started a home business. Though our budget has always been tight, we've managed to get through major income losses and expenses, as well as IRS robbery. So I can relate to your situation, including the ass-busting husband. Yet one of my brother's wife is the more educated and income-generating and they both worked full-time, but their only child has grown up to be a standout among her peers. She is near graduating from The Ohio State University majoring in Architecture, with something like a 3.8 gpa. So traditional family structure or not, good parents will turn out good children.

1 person likes this

Well done CGK and Challenger! :dgK4P0r:Economics (like saving and not getting into debt) is not something they teach kids in school (although I recall learning how to file a tax return) you've done your kids a HUGE favor by teaching them that. One day if not already they'll know how big. I have one kid, she moved out at 18, never graduated high school (a prank that went awry, got her expelled just before exams) but at 25 she holds a management position for a multinational forest company and is headed up. Not having that diploma never hindered her work ethic or capabilities.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.