Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which type are You?

12 posts in this topic

I like this forum. I really do. Because it is my first time, :wub: I don't have much to compare it to. But I think I finally get it now.

It's not exactly what I expected to find when I registered. But there are five general types.

1) The Fact Checker. Goes the extra mile to dig deep and uncover the goods.

2) The Historian. Leaves no stone unturned. Fact, fiction or legend.

3) The Scientist. Medians, molecules or mammals, he's got your number.

4) The Hero. Stands up for what is right. Battling dark forces till the end.

5) The Dissident. This one is a little more complex. He could be a skeptic, a tough guy or a narcissist. He may engage in complete flights of fancy or just be an asshole.

I think it boils down to one thing. If you are reading this, you are a big ol' nerd.

Don't take yourself too seriously.

:iTLtruh:

6) The Inquisitor. Questions everything, never takes anyone's word for it, not even from the history books. 

Why so serious? o.o

I think most around here think I'm a big ol' 5, but that's because getting to know me requires breaking through the rough edge of "I know most people are assholes" o.o;

I see myself, ofcourse, in a more positive light. Thinking maybe 4, but not really my gimmick. I'm "Faithful", I put everything up to the sword known as the Word of God, and if it cuts cake, then it's clean, if it don't, then while entertaining (something I love to do, so no hate in that game), doesn't nessicarrly mean it's true. 

At the end of it all, I hold things in the critical thinking movement in one of two sides of the coin, it's either possible, or probably. Possible could be just about anything, if I've learnt anything through my short show. Probable is what it probably is, but just because something seems probable, doesn't make it iron indoctrination, either. 10 years ago if you asked me, "Did we go to the moon?" I'dda laughed before answering a big ol 5 "Duh!", so...I mean idk, I like to think the great minds, like mine, known how to adapt to new knowledge, and to never take themselves seriously. To educate, you must entertain. To entertain means ya gotta be willing to be a clown from time to time. 

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

Why so serious? o.o

I think most around here think I'm a big ol' 5, but that's because getting to know me requires breaking through the rough edge of "I know most people are assholes" o.o;

I see myself, ofcourse, in a more positive light. Thinking maybe 4, but not really my gimmick. I'm "Faithful", I put everything up to the sword known as the Word of God, and if it cuts cake, then it's clean, if it don't, then while entertaining (something I love to do, so no hate in that game), doesn't nessicarrly mean it's true. 

At the end of it all, I hold things in the critical thinking movement in one of two sides of the coin, it's either possible, or probably. Possible could be just about anything, if I've learnt anything through my short show. Probable is what it probably is, but just because something seems probable, doesn't make it iron indoctrination, either. 10 years ago if you asked me, "Did we go to the moon?" I'dda laughed before answering a big ol 5 "Duh!", so...I mean idk, I like to think the great minds, like mine, known how to adapt to new knowledge, and to never take themselves seriously. To educate, you must entertain. To entertain means ya gotta be willing to be a clown from time to time. 

IDK... I pegged you for a 4, maybe with a dash of 5 on the side.
Must be a Jedi thing. You speak your mind even when, or maybe especially when, it's not popular.

33 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

IDK... I pegged you for a 4, maybe with a dash of 5 on the side.
Must be a Jedi thing. You speak your mind even when, or maybe especially when, it's not popular.

That is so kind o.o I was all like, "aw!" You're a good peoples and a good friend Lucy, but you know me, I got to point this out, you didn't answer the question ^.~

10 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

That is so kind o.o I was all like, "aw!" You're a good peoples and a good friend Lucy, but you know me, I got to point this out, you didn't answer the question ^.~

I'm still thinking about it. lol
I'm might have to go with #1.
I like to know who, what, when, why and how.
But maybe that falls under #2?
:1XqXnoz:

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I'm still thinking about it. lol
I'm might have to go with #1.
I like to know who, what, when, why and how.
But maybe that falls under #2?
:1XqXnoz:

Fair enough. I had to give the hard time, and outta green as always (before midnight on my side. o.o;;) But you know I got that hook up in the morning. ^.^ Very accurate too. I think you gotta alot of the #2 in the way you back up your statements with research from multiple locations, so it's never simply a bias shot at the topic.

4 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

Fair enough. I had to give the hard time, and outta green as always (before midnight on my side. o.o;;) But you know I got that hook up in the morning. ^.^ Very accurate too. I think you gotta alot of the #2 in the way you back up your statements with research from multiple locations, so it's never simply a bias shot at the topic.

It's all good.
I got my own green.
:bananarasta:

Ya know... one cool thing about this place and the people here is everyone has their own interest and passions to bring in.
I'm being exposed to some things I've never thought of or didn't pay attention to before now.
It's so interesting to hear different perspectives and learn new things. Love it!

Okay, so #2 it is. I like that. Thanks.

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

It's all good.
I got my own green.
:bananarasta:

Ya know... one cool thing about this place and the people here is everyone has their own interest and passions to bring in.
I'm being exposed to some things I've never thought of or didn't pay attention to before now.
It's so interesting to hear different perspectives and learn new things. Love it!

Okay, so #2 it is. I like that. Thanks.

That I think is a very apt description of the value of a site like COP - it does take the blinkers off some of the things we take for granted and sometimes disregard.  The posts sometimes "force" you to change from what you normally are to a 1 / & or 4 all at the same time.  And then sometimes those who think they know everything make us who do know everything the hell in!  (TIC) :cheers:

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

That I think is a very apt description of the value of a site like COP - it does take the blinkers off some of the things we take for granted and sometimes disregard.  The posts sometimes "force" you to change from what you normally are to a 1 / & or 4 all at the same time.  And then sometimes those who think they know everything make us who do know everything the hell in!  (TIC) :cheers:

:IGly6RW:

Yeah, I thought I was wrong once but then I learned I was wrong.
:chuckle:

So what type are you? Hmmm...

1 minute ago, Lucy Barnable said:

:IGly6RW:

Yeah, I thought I was wrong once but then I learned I was wrong.
:chuckle:

So what type are you? Hmmm...

Don't really know??? An outside observer always has a better chance in evaluating a subject!   I think I'm a little like 1,2 and / or 4 - I like to ask questions in order to solicit more information (it's my OCD), but in doing so one must always guard against becoming an askhole (askhole: An asshole who asks questions for the sake of asking questions) 

3 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

Don't really know??? An outside observer always has a better chance in evaluating a subject!   I think I'm a little like 1,2 and / or 4 - I like to ask questions in order to solicit more information (it's my OCD), but in doing so one must always guard against becoming an askhole (askhole: An asshole who asks questions for the sake of asking questions) 

:yah:

Hm, the well rounded type.
But not necessarily the spheroid type.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.